Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28651Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2014, 07:59 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Time Meddler (Hartnell)
The Invasion (Troughton)
Inferno (Pertwee)
Seeds of Doom (Baker)
Caves of Androzani (Davison)
Colin Baker - I'm stumped - not because they're not good, but because his stories are pretty violent for Who) Mark of the Rani?
Remembrance of the Daleks (McCoy)
Night of the Doctor (McGann)
Violence is no issue for my kids!
Nemesis likes this.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:01 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Give her a selection of Doctors and genres. I would recommend:
  • William Hartnell - An Unearthly Child. After the wonderful first episode, it does get a bit boring, but it's place in Who History cannot be underestimated
  • Patrick Troughton - The Mind Robber. Surreal and wacky. Very atypical of the show, but one of the best stories ever transmitted
  • Jon Pertwee - Spearhead From Space. A story which shows the after effects of regenerating, and one which is still very scary
  • Tom Baker - Anything from Planet of Evil/Pyramids of Mars/The Brain of Morbius/The Seeds of Doom/The Deadly Assassin/The Robots of Death/The Talons of Weng-Chiang. The golden age of Doctor Who. Gothic horror at it's best
  • Peter Davison - Kinda. Though provoking and very intelligent
  • Colin Baker - The Two Doctors. Baker meets Troughton in a very under-appreciated story
  • Sylvester McCoy - Either Remembrance Of The Daleks or The Curse of Fenric. The first contains everything which is good about the show, while the latter is simply a scary story...and it contains a scene where Ace flashes her stocking tops!
I was thinking about some of the Mccoy stuff as I'm sure my daughter would like Ace.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Violence is no issue for my kids!
Ok, in that case - Revelation of the Daleks (Baker)
Old 31st January 2014, 08:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I was thinking about some of the Mccoy stuff as I'm sure my daughter would like Ace.
She is a great companion - I''ve also got a soft spot for Silver Nemesis; that's a fun McCoy/Ace story.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Per Doctor? Well... (couldn't limit it for some of them)

Hartnell- The Chase, The Time Meddler and the Tenth Planet...

Troughton- The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Ice Warriors, The Enemy of the World and The Invasion. (I would also highly consider pre-ordering The Web of Fear for its release)

Pertwee- (love this era, so here we go!) Spearhead From Space, The Silurians, Inferno, Terror of the Autons, Day of the Daleks, The Sea Devils, The Mutants, The Three Doctors, The Green Death, Carnival of Monsters, The Green Death, The Time Warrior, Invasion of the Dinosaurs (ignore the dinosaur effects, the story is worth it), Death to the Daleks and Planet of the Spiders.

Baker- Everything from Robot to The Seeds of Doom. Then go for The Talons of Weng Chiang, Destiny of the Daleks and City of Death... I haven't seen much of Bakers later work, so the latter 3 are my only highlights.

Davidson- Earthshock, The Five Doctors, Warriors of the Deep (just ignore the Myrka and its all good) and The Caves of Androzani.

Baker Mark II-Attack of the Cybermen, The Two Doctors and Revelation of the Daleks.

McCoy- Rememberance of the Daleks, Silver Nemesis (bear with me as they along with Battlefield are all I've seen from his era unfortunately. I long for Ghost Light, Curse of Fenric and Survival )

McGann- The Movie and Night of the Doctor.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Per Doctor? Well... (couldn't limit it for some of them)

Hartnell- The Chase, The Time Meddler and the Tenth Planet...

Troughton- The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Ice Warriors, The Enemy of the World and The Invasion. (I would also highly consider pre-ordering The Web of Fear for its release)

Pertwee- (love this era, so here we go!) Spearhead From Space, The Silurians, Inferno, Terror of the Autons, Day of the Daleks, The Sea Devils, The Mutants, The Three Doctors, The Green Death, Carnival of Monsters, The Green Death, The Time Warrior, Invasion of the Dinosaurs (ignore the dinosaur effects, the story is worth it), Death to the Daleks and Planet of the Spiders.

Baker- Everything from Robot to The Seeds of Doom. Then go for The Talons of Weng Chiang, Destiny of the Daleks and City of Death... I haven't seen much of Bakers later work, so the latter 3 are my only highlights.

Davidson- Earthshock, The Five Doctors, Warriors of the Deep (just ignore the Myrka and its all good) and The Caves of Androzani.

Baker Mark II-Attack of the Cybermen, The Two Doctors and Revelation of the Daleks.

McCoy- Rememberance of the Daleks, Silver Nemesis (bear with me as they along with Survival are all I've seen from his era unfortunately. I long for Ghost Light, Curse of Fenric and Survival )

McGann- The Movie and Night of the Doctor.
It beats me to this day how the BBFC gave this one a "U" certificate. Just more evidence that they don't know what they're doing.
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
It beats me to this day how the BBFC gave this one a "U" certificate. Just more evidence that they don't know what they're doing.
I honestly never noticed that haha! Gave me a chuckle. It'll be Brain of Morbius next before you know it!
Nemesis likes this.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Going to finish all the re-cons for season 5 with The Abominable Snowmen... Then I shall go into hibernation and await my pre-order of The Web of Fear.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm somewhere between the halfway point of Avengers season 4 and about to start the Planet of Giants.
Old 31st January 2014, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I'm somewhere between the halfway point of Avengers season 4 and about to start the Planet of Giants.
I heard about that one (Giants). The final episode is a combination of the final two parts or something like that.
Nemesis likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!