Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28631Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2014, 03:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My 50th Anniversary box set arrived today. (Shame it's been taken away as a birthday gift and i can't watch it for another six weeks).
You are the second person I know of, who has received this today. Apparently, my copy (which was pre-ordered from Amazon on the 28th July) is at the packing stage! Expected delivery date is Thursday, 11 September 2014 - Saturday, 13 September 2014

Mind you, it's good to see that the advertised price is now £27.71 and not the £30:00 it was when I ordered it. Maybe I'll get a refund of the difference

Quote:
I thought it was limited to only 5000 dvd's and 10,000 BD's or is it the other way round?
Maybe you have an extra special collectors item - a DVD set with the Blu-ray numbering!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th September 2014, 03:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
You are the second person I know of, who has received this today. Apparently, my copy (which was pre-ordered from Amazon on the 28th July) is at the packing stage! Expected delivery date is Thursday, 11 September 2014 - Saturday, 13 September 2014

Mind you, it's good to see that the advertised price is now £27.71 and not the £30:00 it was when I ordered it. Maybe I'll get a refund of the difference

Maybe you have an extra special collectors item - a DVD set with the Blu-ray numbering!
I ordered mine from the BBC shop for £26.

It was shipped last Saturday apparently so God knows what lovable Royal Mail have been doing with it all this time.
Old 8th September 2014, 07:02 PM
Cult Master

First Time On UK TV: Re-Mastered Episodes Of Doctor Who On Horror Channel This Autumn Horror Channel - Sky 319 Virgin 149 Freesat 138

Old 9th September 2014, 11:12 PM
Cult Master

Apparently Jane Baker who (along with her husband Phillip 'Pip') wrote 'The Mark of the Rani' (1985), The Trial of a Time Lord Parts 9–12 (1986) ['Terror Of The Vervoids'] and 14 ['The Ultimate Foe') and 'Time and the Rani' (1987) died on the 8th September

Old 10th September 2014, 09:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

My BD 50th anniversary box just arrived, I have not opened it yet so it is a bit more stable to be transported home and survive the band rehearsal room later this evening, but it looks good and my number is 00480...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 10th September 2014, 04:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
My 50th Anniversary box set arrived today

It's numbered 5047.

I thought it was limited to only 5000 dvd's and 10,000 BD's or is it the other way round?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
My BD 50th anniversary box just arrived...my number is 00480...
My DVD set arrived today

I got number 01710

Although it is a nice looking set, I am really not impressed with the packaging - it doesn't fit in with ANY of the other releases

Also, I am disappointed that none of the cases contains a booklet giving information about the sets contents - writer and/or director, synopsis, transmission date and time etc. This is a historical release, and I think that this kind of information will be essential in years to come

Old 12th September 2014, 01:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
My DVD set arrived today

I got number 01710

Although it is a nice looking set, I am really not impressed with the packaging - it doesn't fit in with ANY of the other releases

Also, I am disappointed that none of the cases contains a booklet giving information about the sets contents - writer and/or director, synopsis, transmission date and time etc. This is a historical release, and I think that this kind of information will be essential in years to come
Haha! That only shows me how little time I had since it arrived, because I have
no yet opened it and checked the contents... But I agree with your criticism, in theory of course for the reason mentione above, but I'll exclude myself from the differen format issue, because I found that pretty good actually, as a fitting format and design would have forced me to make room for it in the place where the other DW BDs/DVDs are, since a pretty high shelf is right below my DW shelf, I could put this box on top of the other BDs in that lower shelf (remember, it is higher ;-)) - all that talk about low and high maybe confusing, but isn't it also very fitting, a bit like being bigger on the inside? I think so
Old 12th September 2014, 02:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am really not impressed with the packaging - it doesn't fit in with ANY of the other releases
Every single new Who release i have has different packaging. From crappy, huge TARDIS boxes to steel books.

So this really doesn't bother me at all.

If i was going to moan about packaging then Resurrection of the Daleks in it's stupid rubber sleeve.
Old 13th September 2014, 09:03 AM
Cult Master

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/us-audience-...104837101.html - US audience struggling to understand Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who

Old 13th September 2014, 10:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Apparently Jane Baker who (along with her husband Phillip 'Pip') wrote 'The Mark of the Rani' (1985), The Trial of a Time Lord Parts 9–12 (1986) ['Terror Of The Vervoids'] and 14 ['The Ultimate Foe') and 'Time and the Rani' (1987) died on the 8th September
RIP then.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!