Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2014, 11:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lol! Hmmm! The fly in the ointment of an otherwise good episode!
Old 15th September 2014, 09:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I am not really surprised that Listen gets such a positive echo here, because I think this was maybe one of the best episodes of those I have seen so far! I loved the creepy factor, as Moffat is really good at (take Blink as reference!) and I loved the references, I did notice that the fear and companion thing was a quote, but would never have guessed that it had been from the very beginning that makes it even better for me - good work keeping it all together and I start to hope that Moffat will stay for a long time, I doubt if anyone else has that overview and dedication to the full story (but, I bet, when he goes they will find a good replacement - maybe Gattis?)

Great season (or: Series in UK English ;-)) so far!

As to the problems of the Americans with Cappaldi: Ain't no chewin' gum speaker folks so pay attention and learn where your language has come from
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Started well, descends into self referential drivel, was puce with anger at points....easily the episode I've hated most. IMO.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th September 2014, 03:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm hoping for some traditional land on a planet, defeat monster, save planet and sod off again, episodes like the good old days.
Old 15th September 2014, 04:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm hoping for some traditional land on a planet, defeat monster, save planet and sod off again, episodes like the good old days.
Keep dreaming....next weeks looks like another mish mash imo....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th September 2014, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Really enjoyed all episodes of this seasons especially the last episode which was very creepy.

He might of only had 4 episodes but for me capaldi is the best of all the newer doctors. If this continues he will be one of my favourites of all the doctors. I just wish they would go back to the old formula of 4-8 part stories, but I really can't see that appealing to modern audiences who don't have attention span.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Really enjoyed all episodes of this seasons especially the last episode which was very creepy.

He might of only had 4 episodes but for me capaldi is the best of all the newer doctors. If this continues he will be one of my favourites of all the doctors. I just wish they would go back to the old formula of 4-8 part stories, but I really can't see that appealing to modern audiences who don't have attention span.
I don't want anything more than two part 45 min episodes personally.

Most of the six parters were so full of padding they became a bit monotonous. For every Doctor Who and the Silurians there was a Planet of the Spiders and an Armageddon Factor.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't want anything more than two part 45 min episodes personally.

Most of the six parters were so full of padding they became a bit monotonous. For every Doctor Who and the Silurians there was a Planet of the Spiders and an Armageddon Factor.
You're right just some episodes would of benfited from being 2 parters, inside the dalek being one of them were a lot a great 4-6 part story's in old who but then again they had a run time of only 25 minutes. Mind I'm glad the endless running up and down corridors has gone, some classic who I'm sure they spent half the episode running around. But still think peter capaldi is a welcome breath of fresh air from the last two doctors. Don't get me wrong I liked them both but capaldi's doctor appeals to me more.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:22 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The Doctor Who Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
You're right just some episodes would of benfited from being 2 parters, inside the dalek being one of them were a lot a great 4-6 part story's in old who but then again they had a run time of only 25 minutes. Mind I'm glad the endless running up and down corridors has gone, some classic who I'm sure they spent half the episode running around. But still think peter capaldi is a welcome breath of fresh air from the last two doctors.

Genesis Of The Daleks could've had a full season, a la The Key To Time, or Trial Of A Time Lord as far as I'm concerned.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Genesis Of The Daleks could've had a full season, a la The Key To Time, or Trial Of A Time Lord as far as I'm concerned.
Think I'll watch Genesis of the daleks been sometime since I've watched it.
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!