Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28651Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2015, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Already some twat has got them listed on eBay for the bargain price of £49.99 each!

Doctor Who TENTH DR COLLECTOR figure set new SARAH JANE CYBERMAN UK EXCLUSIVE | eBay
Old 20th July 2015, 11:43 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
There's also a third set containing the Tenth Doctor, Sarah-Jane, a Cyberman and two Adipose. You can't go wrong for £12.99, the 4th Doctor alone usually sells for more than that on eBay. Hopefully they'll issue sets for the remaining Doctors as it would be great way to get some of the rarer figures back out there.
I'd just discovered that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bm-10th-doctor-set750.jpg (93.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 20th July 2015, 11:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
Already some twat has got them listed on eBay for the bargain price of £49.99 each!

Doctor Who TENTH DR COLLECTOR figure set new SARAH JANE CYBERMAN UK EXCLUSIVE | eBay
All three sets look nice. The one that most interests me is the 11th Doctor set. I don't have a loose Smith figure, nor any loose Weeping Angels.

Then again it would be nice to add another Voc robot to the two i already bought a few years ago. Plus another Cyberman to add to the army of 9 i already have.

I'll probably end up getting each set in time.
Old 20th July 2015, 01:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

If this kind of quality Who merchandise had been around when I was a kid watching it in the 70s, I would have been in my element! All birthday and Christmas presents sorted for years to come! As it was, we had to make do with cardboard Weetabix giveaways
Old 20th July 2015, 02:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
If this kind of quality Who merchandise had been around when I was a kid watching it in the 70s, I would have been in my element! All birthday and Christmas presents sorted for years to come! As it was, we had to make do with cardboard Weetabix giveaways
I absolutely loved those. They drove my imagination wild, and were probably better than what i eventually saw on vhs.

Mojo and Demoncrat like this.
Old 20th July 2015, 02:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Do you remember the cards given away with Typhoo tea around the same time Mojo?

Demoncrat likes this.
Old 21st July 2015, 06:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Do you remember the cards given away with Typhoo tea around the same time Mojo?

Don't remember those ones Dem. I do remember eating Weetabix til it came out of my ears just to get a Cyberman card though!
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 29th July 2015, 03:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A 3d event at 700 cinemas in the US.

Doctor Who News
Old 30th July 2015, 08:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Sampled a few of the Big Finish audios of late. Heard the first two back in the day, and thought they were okay, but wasn't really motivated to keep up with them, but thought I'd give them another go (especially with the first 50 now being downloadable for just $3 each). Heard:

Whispers of Terror. 6th Doctor (Colin Baker) story. One of the earliest the range, and rather boring.

The Romance of Crime. A recent release (and more expensive),this is actually an adaptation of a much loved original novel from the mid 90s, featuring the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker), the second incarnation of the lovely Romana (Lalla Ward) and K9. The book was great fun, and a great evocation of the era, and the audio adaptation happily lived up to it, with Tom and Lalla clearly having a ball.

The Fearmonger. Another early one, but pretty good, with the 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) and Ace (Sophie Aldred) hunting a creature that lives on fear and is using a general election featuring an extreme right-wing candidate to do just that in London. Enjoyable, with the leads recapturing their characters perfectly.

Storm Warning. The first audio to feature the 8th Doctor (Paul McGann), who only appeared onscreen in the (dreadful) 1996 US TV movie and in a 7-minute minisode during the 50th anniversary in 2013. I've never really seen the appeal of this Doctor, and this did nothing to sway me. Dull.

Land of the Dead. Average 5th Doctor (Peter Davison) and Nyssa (Sarah Sutton) story, with an arctic base under siege from prehistoric alien monsters. As is always the way. One that would have benefited enormously with visuals (like animation) but is a bit dull without.

The One Doctor. Silly 6th Doctor and Mel (Bonnie Langford) story with the Doctor answering a distress call from a planet under attack only to find the problem's been solved by "the Doctor" - actually an intergalactic conman masquerading as him. Mildly amusing in spots but a bit boring.

And I've heard the first half of The Holy Terror, another 6th Doctor story, this time accompanied by a companion that only featured in the 80s comics, the shape-shifting alien Frobisher (now permanently stuck in the shape of a penguin!), in a medieval-style world whose religious dogma is even more wacky than ours. This is actually very good so far, really bizarre and very funny with sinister undertones. Looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pity you dismiss McGann, as his BF stuff is reasonably entertaining imo. Plus the benefit of a companion that in no way shape or form is attracted to him. Just saying!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!