Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Nemesis 23rd March 2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 226144)
Get them both, you cheapskate!!!!!

As if I wouldn't - but if you're offering to buy me Face of Evil now, then I won't say no ;)

Otherwise, moderation is required:mmph:

Not helped, I might add, by all this talk of Revelation of the Daleks - I'm thinking of getting a few more this week before the closure of the VAT loophole takes place.

Even though I know it's only a two discer, the Ace Tales seem to be rather cheap for a new release (£14.97) on Amazon, certainly when you compare it to HMV online(£22).

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd March 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 226153)
As if I wouldn't - but if you're offering to buy me Face of Evil now, then I won't say no ;)

Otherwise, moderation is required:mmph:

Not helped, I might add, by all this talk of Revelation of the Daleks - I'm thinking of getting a few more this week before the closure of the VAT loophole takes place.

Even though I know it's only a two discer, the Ace Tales seem to be rather cheap for a new release (£14.97) on Amazon, certainly when you compare it to HMV online(£22).

Thats an error.

I've just pre-ordered one as soon as i read your post.

Nemesis 23rd March 2012 07:39 PM

Let's hope it sticks :tea:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd March 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 226160)
Let's hope it sticks :tea:

Amazons pre order promise.:)

Its not out till May either.

Nemesis 23rd March 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 226164)
Amazons pre order promise.:)

Its not out till May either.

I just hope they don't pull another Slient Running - that was mispriced at £3.99 when it should have been £13.99; they ended up cancelling loads of orders. Still, one can hope.

Demdike, do we know which Classic Who stories are bestsellers?

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd March 2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 226170)

Demdike, do we know which Classic Who stories are bestsellers?

No idea unfortunately. The new series releases sell tons more than the classics, but sales of the classics are higher due to the new series.

The best selling vhs release was Tomb of the Cybermen.

Susan Foreman 25th March 2012 12:34 PM

The first teaser for the new series

Doctor Who series seven trailer - YouTube

wayfarer 25th March 2012 01:53 PM

Although the teaser is a bootleg filmed at a convention, it still looks good. Did I hear the line "give me a Dalek any day" and then see a Dalek suit eyestalk?

Hawkmonger 25th March 2012 02:59 PM

Prity exited, Looking forward to the big 50 even more though. Suspect it will dominate the SFX weekender.:lol:

RedEyeTheCylon 25th March 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 226502)
Did I hear the line "give me a Dalek any day" and then see a Dalek suit eyestalk?

It looked like it, they're supposed to be uploading the trailer to the official website tomorrow morning so it should to easier to see