Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2016, 12:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

It feels without any Doctor Who speculation or spoilers. This could be a long year.

I just hope Steven Moffat goes out with a bang and not some timey-wimey bollocks.

Also i hope he doesn't do something stupid like destroying the TARDIS or regenerating the Doctor into a woman, just to go down in history as the one to make it happen.
hivemind and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 26th March 2016, 09:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

While I wouldn't put it past him, Moffat will have no more say in casting the next Doctor than Davies did Matt Smith (and that's even assuming Capaldi leaves with him)!
Old 26th March 2016, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
While I wouldn't put it past him, Moffat will have no more say in casting the next Doctor than Davies did Matt Smith (and that's even assuming Capaldi leaves with him)!
He has been asked by Chibnall to stay on as the Doctor.

Regarding Matt Smith's casting. Moffat's first season was intended for Tennant thinking he would regenerate at the end of The Big Bang. Can't remember where Moffat discusses the changes they had to make to bring Smith in early.
Old 27th March 2016, 07:15 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Regarding Matt Smith's casting. Moffat's first season was intended for Tennant thinking he would regenerate at the end of The Big Bang. Can't remember where Moffat discusses the changes they had to make to bring Smith in early.
Steven Moffat’s Unused Doctor Who Story Arc – What If David Tennant Had Stayed For One More Year?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th March 2016, 07:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm glad he didn't, to be honest. Least Smithy got one good season this way.
Old 27th March 2016, 12:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

I'm always hoping for the Doctor to meet his grand-daughter Susan Foreman.
Just a simple title like "Whatever Happend to Susan Foreman" would do the trick.

Maybe Mr. Chibnall would contemplate such a concept?. Doubt it though. I'm hoping that Capaldi will stay on for just the one season with Chibnall as showrunner, but it's a 50/50 to be totally frank and honest. I'm just dreading who will be cast as Doctor number 13.
Old 27th March 2016, 09:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Listened to the first half of possibly the most famous "lost story", The Nightmare Fair (the first story of the original season 23, which was just weeks away from entering production when that twat Grade stuck his ignorant oar in), yesterday. Really good so far.
Old 29th March 2016, 08:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Nightmare Fair was very enjoyable. Not the greatest story ever but a lot of fun and a shame it didn't get made. Mission to Magnus on the other hand... listened to about 20 minutes and turned it off. What crap!
Happily I'm halfway through Leviathan and that is absolutely excellent so far.
Old 30th March 2016, 07:53 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I'm always hoping for the Doctor to meet his grand-daughter Susan Foreman.
Just a simple title like "Whatever Happend to Susan Foreman" would do the trick.
That's been done

There was a radio play in 1993, with that title. It was written by Adrian Mourby and featuring Jane Asher as Susan

It can be found as an extra feature on the two disc version of 'The Dalek Invasion Of Earth'

But if anyone is truly worried and wondering about what happened to Susan Foreman - worry no more. I'm fine, and living in Nottingham (although that might be a contradiction to some!)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th March 2016, 08:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
That's been done

There was a radio play in 1993, with that title. It was written by Adrian Mourby and featuring Jane Asher as Susan

It can be found as an extra feature on the two disc version of 'The Dalek Invasion Of Earth'

But if anyone is truly worried and wondering about what happened to Susan Foreman - worry no more. I'm fine, and living in Nottingham (although that might be a contradiction to some!)
No wonder I missed this. I still have the VHS video's of The Dalek Invasion of Earth. I shall have to buy the BBC DVD.

I still would like to see Susan return to the BBC show. I'm certain Capaldi would be all for it.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!