Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28658Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2016, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm not really sure why Eccles should "take note". He did one season 11 years ago, which is a minor part of his career. Furthermore, while Matt and Karen clearly enjoyed their time on the show, and working with one another, it's clear he didn't exactly have a great time doing it, isn't the convention type (McGann and Tom weren't for a long time either) but seems to always be polite and kind to fans when he meets them. Why he should be expected to do more than that I don't know...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th August 2016, 01:07 AM
Cult Addict

I really like Christopher Ecclestons Doctor but he's certainly cornered the market on the miserable bastard face of dr who.
Maybe he should return as the Valeyard.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 12th August 2016, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Doctor Who 16mm B/W Film Print - "The Savages" Episode 1 | eBay

Sadly it has already been confirmed as being a hoax.
Old 12th August 2016, 04:43 PM
Cult Master

'Doctor Who: The Movie' Blu-Ray extras:

DISC 1 EXTRAS

• Commentary #1 From director Geoffrey Sax (recorded 2001)
• Commentary #2 By Paul McGann and Sylvester McCoy, moderated by Nicolas Briggs (recorded 2009)
• The Seven Year Hitch - Documenting the return Doctor Who to the screen. Narrated by Amanda Drew.
• The Doctor’s Strange Love - Writers Joe Lidster and Simon Guerrier discuss The TV Movie with comedian Josie Long.
• The Night of the Doctor - The Night of the Doctor was a mini-episode released in 2013 in the run-up to the show’s 50th anniversary special. This marks Paul McGann’s second on-screen appearance as the Eighth Doctor.
• Photo Gallery
• Isolated Score - The option to view The TV Movie with the isolated music soundtrack.
• Music Tracks - Four tracks from the production presented in full: In a Dream, All Dressed Up, Ride into the Moonlight and Auld Lang Syne.
• Production Subtitles

DISC 2 EXTRAS

• Paul McGann Audition
• Electric Press Kit - Used by Fox in 1996, this includes a short documentary and interview segments to allow other broadcasters to put together their own packages about the TV Movie.
• Behind the Scenes - On set and on location in Vancouver, Canada during the filming of The TV Movie.
• Philip Segal’s Tour of the TARDIS
• Alternate Takes
• BBC Trails
• Who Peter 1989-2009 - The second part of this documentary, exploring the special relationship between Doctor Who and Blue Peter. Presented by Gethin Jones.
• The Wilderness Years - In the years between the end of the classic series and the broadcast of The TV Movie, Doctor Who survived in print, video and audio, kept alive by fans who were determined not to let it die.
• Stripped for Action: The Eighth Doctor - Looking at the Doctor’s adventures in comic-strip form.
• Tomorrow’s Times: The Eight Doctor - A look back at the contemporary coverage of The TV Movie in newspapers and other publications. Presented by Nicholas Courtney.
• VFX Tests June 1994 - Early video effects tests by Amblin Imaging in 1994, featuring the ‘Spider Dalek’ design.
• VFX March 1996 - Video effects presented as mute time-coded ‘work in progress’ shots from the CGI department.

The Doctor Who TV Movie lands on bluray! | Articles | Doctor Who

Apparently, this is going to be the cover design

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th August 2016, 08:43 AM
Cult Master

Where does Bill's debut scene fit in to 'Doctor Who' Season 10?

Old 13th August 2016, 11:01 AM
Cult Master

Watch 25 of the best 'Doctor Who' minisodes and prequels

Most of these can be found on the various DVD releases, but there are a few 'new' ones

Sad they didn't include 'Dimensions In Time' tho!

Old 13th August 2016, 11:09 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I read somewhere it was part of the Valencia episode, but all will be revealed in due course.

I'm probably the only one who wants another Dalek episode. Then again i hope Daleks are in every episode.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 13th August 2016, 11:12 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm probably the only one who wants another Dalek episode. Then again i hope Daleks are in every episode.
Actually, I agree with that statement

You probably ARE the only person who wants 'Doctor Who' re-branded as 'Daleks'

Familiarity breeds contempt - when you see something scary week-in and week-out, it loses its power to frighten you

Old 13th August 2016, 11:38 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Actually, I agree with that statement

You probably ARE the only person who wants 'Doctor Who' re-branded as 'Daleks'

Familiarity breeds contempt - when you see something scary week-in and week-out, it loses its power to frighten you
Oh they aren't scary (not any more) but they are a superb creation and when you've seen them in reality i find them just amazing.

I always want them in the show because no one has yet ever done even an 80% perfect Dalek story maximizing their capabilities and evilness. I think i want them in each series just in case that story arrives.

The Stolen Earth was perhaps the nearest yet. The reactions of our heroes as the Dalek voices reached out from space sent a shiver up my spine. Of course Journey's End ****ed it all up though.
Old 13th August 2016, 03:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I always want them in the show because no one has yet ever done even an 80% perfect Dalek story maximizing their capabilities and evilness. I think i want them in each series just in case that story arrives.
I'd say Genesis came pretty close.

You won't see a proper Dalek story in Nu-Who. It's been broken down into simpler, bite-size digestible chunk episodes to cater to today's attention spans and diluted down to appeal more to children. The beeb won't want to risk scaring the wee ones.

Like this? Share it using the links below!