Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28634Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2016, 12:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Posters on Gallifrey Base are saying that series 10 will also be Murray Gold's last season.

Old 25th October 2016, 09:47 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Posters on Gallifrey Base are saying that series 10 will also be Murray Gold's last season.

Why does it please you when you don't even like the show?
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 25th October 2016, 09:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

It could be good, if they'd stop making it shit. Series 1 was pretty good, series 3 was very good, series 5 was great. It's not my fault so much of the rest - and especially the last four years - has been so fecking dire.

Power of the Daleks is out in Australia on DVD in December. No need to import to get it for Xmas then!
There's also going to be a limited number of cinema screenings here (though probably nowhere near me!)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th October 2016, 12:02 PM
Cult Master

'Class'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's out on Jan 2nd on dvd and blu
Up for pre-order at Amazon

DVD - £19.97

B;u-Ray - £24.99

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th October 2016, 03:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just been at Townley Garden Centre at Townley Hall, Burnley, and there among the Christmas trees was a TARDIS.

Naturally i pushed the button on it several times to see and hear the dematerialization sound and lights followed by the Tennant theme.

It all looked far more Chrismassy than this pic suggests.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14334726_1113085932112331_8744055988723646464_n.jpg (96.0 KB, 4 views)
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th October 2016, 06:23 PM
Cult Master

Episodes of 'Class' are available to watch here: BBC iPlayer - Class - Series 1: 1. For Tonight We Might Die

Just click 'yes, I have a TV license' and 'yes, I am over 16' when prompted

My thoughts for the first minute - poor CGI effects and a theme song with lyrics!

Then I turned it off

Old 27th October 2016, 08:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

I gave it a chance.

Turned it off after 15 minutes.

Old 27th October 2016, 10:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I was messing about the other day with my camera whilst watching Remembrance of the Daleks.

Here's the results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3887 (Large).jpg (88.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3885 (Large).jpg (68.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3889 (Large).jpg (78.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3896 (Large).jpg (75.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3906 (Large).jpg (86.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3890 (Large).jpg (87.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3891 (Large).jpg (55.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3892 (Large).jpg (54.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3925 (Large).jpg (63.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3932 (Large).jpg (88.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3919 (Large).jpg (71.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3915 (Large).jpg (67.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3894 (Large).jpg (51.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3931 (Large).jpg (83.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 28th October 2016, 11:11 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There are a lot of strong rumours although not confirmed that the classic series writer is Rona (Survival) Munro.

If so i'm happy as i really rate Survival.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 28th October 2016, 11:58 AM
Cult Master

The Power of the Daleks DVD artwork and extras unveiled | Articles | Doctor Who

**Note - Some of the extra will only be on the DVD, and NOT on the version available from the BBC Store while some will only be available from the BBC Store and NOT on the DVD
  • Alternate soundtracks [DVD only] - The option to listen to the story with a series of completely new digital re-masters of the original soundtrack – a stereo mix; a 5.1 surround sound mix and version of the original 1966 mono sound mix.
  • Animation Test Footage - A compilation of animation tests, created during the production of the new animated series.
  • Audio Commentaries on all 6 episodes [DVD only] - Members of the original cast and crew are joined by members of the new animation unit to discuss the production of the story and its new animated reconstruction. Moderated by Toby Hadoke. Please note: this commentary also includes archive audio.
  • Booklet with Production Notes [DVD only] - An extensively researched set of production notes, written by the noted television historian Andrew Pixley, covering the behind the scenes story of how the original production was made.
  • Original Camera Scripts [DVD only] - Selected items of original production paperwork and a complete set of original camera scripts
  • Original Title Sequence: new restoration - An unedited presentation of the full original 'Doctor Who' title sequence, prepared using an all new HD re-master of the original film elements.
  • The Power of the Daleks Animation and Photo Gallery - An extended gallery of images, featuring production photographs from the original 1966 series and artwork from the latest animated production, accompanied by incidental music from the story, which has been digitally re-mastered from the original music production tapes.
  • The Power of the Daleks Surviving Footage & Original Trailer [BBC Store only] - A compilation of short film fragments and clips from the original 1966 BBC television production - the only surviving footage to remain of the show's original BBC1 run.
  • Original Dalek Voice Session Recording (1966) [DVD only] - Rare and previously unreleased sections from the studio recordings that were made at Maida Vale Studios in 1966 for the Dalek voices.
  • Servants and Masters: The Making of The Power of the Daleks - A specially prepared documentary directed by John Kelly and featuring interviews with members of the original 1966 cast and crew.
  • Telesnap reconstruction - Around 400 individual still frames of film exist from the original 1966 television production of 'The Power of the Daleks'. These images were kept in the programme's production files by the BBC Written Archive Centre. These images are here combined with the programme's soundtrack to present a photographic reconstruction of the original programme.

And the cover design looks like it might be

Like this? Share it using the links below!