Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2017, 09:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I think you have to be OTT when it comes to the Armageddon Factor. Though I did like William Squire's voice. He was also superb in Callan with Edward Woodward. If you ever get a chance to see him in the flesh as an actor with some superbly written dialogue, then check the series out. I would have The Pirate Planet and The Stones of Blood as the best stories from The Key to Time. Who would of thought polystyrene rocks could be so frighting, and Mary Tamm looking so God damn sexy. Get's my vote every time.
I love Callan! Long heard of it but only got into it in 2014 and raced through it. Brilliant series. Probably about due for a rewatch actually...
hivemind likes this.
Old 24th January 2017, 11:06 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 12

The Creature from the Pit (1979)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wpid-creature-from-the-pit-doctor-who-1.jpg (39.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 24th January 2017, 11:30 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The creature above with it's er' large appendage isn't the most convincing monster to ever feature on the show.

Leaving aside the big four - Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans and Ice Warriors - which are your favourite monsters that have appeared in the series?
Old 24th January 2017, 12:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Class' isn't performing well on BBC1!

"Episode Four, Co-Owner Of A Lonely Heart, had an audience of 0.28 million, a share of 5.1%. This episode was beaten by Tattoo Fixers on Channel 4 with 0.45 million and by Celebrity Big Brother on Five, with 0.42 million"

Doctor Who News: Class Episode 3/4 Ratings
A week later, and it's not picking up

"Episode Six, Detained, which followed at 11.35pm had an audience of 0.21 million, a share of 3.5%. This episode was beaten by Hospital on BBC Two, 0.33 million, by The Chase on ITV with 0.26 million."

Doctor Who News: Class Ratings Update

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th January 2017, 02:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I love Callan! Long heard of it but only got into it in 2014 and raced through it. Brilliant series. Probably about due for a rewatch actually...
All the series were incredible. But the one off Callan special made by ATV in 1981 was just awful. Wet Job. "Weak Script" should of been the official name.
Old 24th January 2017, 02:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
A week later, and it's not picking up

"Episode Six, Detained, which followed at 11.35pm had an audience of 0.21 million, a share of 3.5%. This episode was beaten by Hospital on BBC Two, 0.33 million, by The Chase on ITV with 0.26 million."

Doctor Who News: Class Ratings Update
It's best forgotten about. After what I saw of "Class", it left me as cold as the North Sea.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 24th January 2017, 02:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Creature from the Pit (1979)

Well....at least someone's excited to see the Fourth Doctor. Must be the hair, the extra long scarf and the sonic screwdriver in his pocket.
Old 24th January 2017, 03:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The creature above with it's er' large appendage isn't the most convincing monster to ever feature on the show.

Leaving aside the big four - Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans and Ice Warriors - which are your favourite monsters that have appeared in the series?
From classic Who, my top four faves from outside the top four! :

Autons
Sea Devils
Voc Robots ( Robots Of Death )
Zygons

Also, special mention to the Axons - I'd love to see them return.
Old 24th January 2017, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I found the Mandrels quite frightening and they've been a bit of a fave since. I know they are generally regarded as a bit rubbish but i like them.

Another one off monster i like are the Gel Guards. Again they look a bit rubbish when you see their feet but otherwise i really like the gloopy and totally alien look of them.

The Wirrn are another race i really like. Again, best not look at how they move though.

The Fendahleen from Image of the Fendahl absolutely terrified me as a child. All writhing tentacles and slithery menace.

And agreeing with Mojo. The Voc Robots, Axons, Sea Devils and Pertwee era Silurians are also classics.

Of the new series, the Weeping Angels are an excellent creation and need another story where they are the main threat, also the Silents were a great idea well realised as were the Sycorax.
Old 24th January 2017, 07:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The Zygons were always a fave of mine (a shame they weren't used more, although that may have ruined their allure) along with the Yeti marauding around in the London Underground in The Web of Fear. Despite never having watched the story (although I have seen stills from it) I loved the depiction on my Target novel and the story very much. It was the first ever Doctor Who book that I read when I was about 8 years old.

Like this? Share it using the links below!