Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28507Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2010, 11:05 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I suppose it just depends on ages.If you were to sit down the average 10yr old to classic Who,they'd get bored almost instantly.Don't get me wrong,I do like the new series and have seen (almost) all of them.I just wouldn't buy them on dvd etc.The Who of yesteryear is a horse of a different colour.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:06 PM
Cultist

i love the three doctors! omg i think omega is adorable hahahah

maybe the new series will be better that RTD's ones!
but the classics will always be far far far far better
Old 24th March 2010, 11:09 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah, I'm a big collector of the classic stories on DVD/audio CD, I managed to track down an original limited edition Key to Time box set about two years ago, about eight months after it originally came out and had well sold out and was selling on the likes of ebay and amazon for over £100. I got mine for the RRP of £55 from WH Smith that had one left over, had to make a bit of a journey to pick it up though, but it was well worth it.

Romana I is great in those stories.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:11 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I may be talking out of my backside but I think the KTT boxset came out not to long ago in the U.S. without any extras.,Wish i had picked up the UK box.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:13 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bloomin heck!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
Old 24th March 2010, 11:14 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I may be talking out of my backside but I think the KTT boxset came out not to long ago in the U.S. without any extras.,Wish i had picked up the UK box.
Well, the Key to Time set was originally released in the US back in like, 2001 or 2002, just a bare bones box set, nothing special about it.

Then in September 2007 the numbered Limited Edition version of the Key to Time box set was released here in the UK, it sold out pretty fast, within a few months I think. I picked it up in like, May 2008.

Then the Key to Time set was re-released in the US early last year, I think it had a lot of extras and stuff on that release.

And the Key to Time was re-released here in the UK later on last year, like November I think. It still has all of the same extras etc, it just isn't a Limited Edition version of any kind.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:17 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah just saw the re-issue version.May have to be bought.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:20 PM
Cultist

i really like the key to time episodes! i've asked for it for my birthday soo if i'm a good girl my bro might get it for me!

is anyone going to the doctor who convention,
i would love to go to it but i'm skinters and i'm workin that day, damn, cant believe i'm gonna miss TOM BAKER!!! noooo
Old 24th March 2010, 11:22 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Yeah just saw the re-issue version.May have to be bought.
Yeah, it's well worth it at that price considering the original RRP for the limited set was £55. It's pretty much identical to the limited version, just the packaging for the limited set is a bit different and is numbered as I said earlier.

The re-release has pretty much made the limited set loose all of it's resell value now, people were regularly flogging them on ebay for £80 and over, I seen a couple sell for around £200. Not that I am going to, or want to sell it, but it's crazy how the limited ones have just stopped selling nowadays and you can pick them up for like £40'ish.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
I don't really want to turn this thread into 'Slag off the new Doctor Who', but I guess most of us share the same opinion that the classics are far superior to the modern re-imagining.

I grew up with the classic series ( Jon Pertwee was my first Doctor ) and I much prefer it too. There again, I much prefer the slower pace of 'older' telly shows per se.

However, there have been some good episodes in the new series, most of them coming from Steven Moffat, or writers other than RTD. I'm glad he's given way to Moffat, who I'm hoping will bring the show back to life. We'll see I guess.

Back to the classic series, I read somewhere that the animated 'lost' episodes were quite expensive to do, which may limit their use. However, with only one episode missing from The Tenth Planet, that would hopefully make it a prime candidate for this treatment. Ditto Pat Troughton's The Ice Warriors ( 2 episodes missing ).

Like this? Share it using the links below!