Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 12th May 2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 241318)
Just managed to pick up the Tom Baker era Meglos for pennies. I don't remember this one (although I must of watched it when it was transmitted in 1980). Is it a good one? It looks worth watching just to see Tom Baker turn into a cactus!

It's fun, but it's not regarded as being one of the best Tom Baker stories

mr 420 12th May 2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 241326)
It's fun, but it's not regarded as being one of the best Tom Baker stories

Cheers Suzi! I'm going to give it a watch over the weekend. I'll report back when I've seen it. 

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th May 2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 241318)
Just managed to pick up the Tom Baker era Meglos for pennies. I don't remember this one (although I must of watched it when it was transmitted in 1980). Is it a good one? It looks worth watching just to see Tom Baker turn into a cactus!

Its watchable....just about.

It would have been more suited to a 45 min single episode imo.

RedEyeTheCylon 13th May 2012 01:42 AM

Looks like Inferno is going to get a Revisitations release next year:

Quote from Steve Roberts: "We announced today at Utopia 2012 that we are revisiting Inferno for a 2013 release, utilising a combination of film recordings and RSC colour."

Susan Foreman 13th May 2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 241534)
Looks like Inferno is going to get a Revisitations release next year:

Quote from Steve Roberts: "We announced today at Utopia 2012 that we are revisiting Inferno for a 2013 release, utilising a combination of film recordings and RSC colour."

But 'Inferno' already has a pretty good, two disc release

Can't help thinking we are being given a bit of a raw deal with the 'Revisitation' things. Although the new extra features are as wonderful as ever, it does seem a bit of a cheek to expect fans to spend money on stories that they probably already have.

It seems that the producers of the DVD's have come to the conclusion that fans of 'Doctor Who' are like fans of 'Rocky Horror' - they will buy any old rubbish that comes out containing the name!

And yes, if 'Inferno' is re-released, I will end up getting on the first day because I am a mug/fan*

*Delete as appropriate

Susan Foreman 13th May 2012 01:39 PM

Re: Dragonfire DVD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 216277)
I'm hoping that the commentary explains the cliffhanger to the end of part 1, which makes no sense whatsoever!!!!

Just listened to the commentary, and I am still none-the-wiser about what was meant to happen with the cliffhanger

To tell the truth, I'm even more confused now!

Mojo 14th May 2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 241534)
Looks like Inferno is going to get a Revisitations release next year:

Quote from Steve Roberts: "We announced today at Utopia 2012 that we are revisiting Inferno for a 2013 release, utilising a combination of film recordings and RSC colour."

Interesting to see what they do with this. Inferno is an absolute classic.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th May 2012 11:26 AM

I think stories are being re-released because they thought they could release discs right up until the 50th anniversary next November.

However some remasters/rebuilds are taking much longer than first anticipated, so i think the re-issues are just to fill in gap months.

I certainly won't be buying Inferno again. Its not actually a favourite of mine.

Demoncrat 14th May 2012 11:33 AM

loved the comm for Colony In Space where they say "...There is only ONE Master...."

How true.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th May 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 241841)
loved the comm for Colony In Space where they say "...There is only ONE Master...."

How true.

Yup, Eric Roberts. :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.