Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28653Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th February 2017, 06:21 PM
Cult Master

'Genesis Of The Daleks'

Did you spot the re-used Ice Warrior costume during part 2, representing one of the mutant creatures produced by Davros in his experiments.?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th February 2017, 06:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The Doctors supposed to be a clever intellectual type isn't he.
I think that counts Dire out.
Susan Foreman and trebor8273 like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 10th February 2017, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
In this case i hope so.

I do think they have re-watch value, both the stories and the special features. Once you decide you like them (hopefully you do) then i'm sure you'll watch them all several times.
The blu of spearhead doesnt have the extras of the DVd but it has a documentary you can only get on the blu ray.
Old 10th February 2017, 10:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

BBC Worldwide are apparently sending surveys to those who bought Power online asking how they feel about future animations.

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations. "

Selected questions:
"If the BBC commissioned more animations of unaired or lost Doctor Who episodes, one option would be to edit the original stories into shorter versions for the purposes of the animation. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

""Another option might be to combine live action scenes from the original televised episodes (where available) with animated sections in areas where no original film still exists. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

"Are there any unaired or lost episodes that you would particularly like to see animated in the future? If so, please list them below."

I don't mind the idea of combining them really but they can bugger off with shortening them. Looks like we're in for more anyway.
Old 10th February 2017, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
BBC Worldwide are apparently sending surveys to those who bought Power online asking how they feel about future animations.

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations. "

Selected questions:
"If the BBC commissioned more animations of unaired or lost Doctor Who episodes, one option would be to edit the original stories into shorter versions for the purposes of the animation. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

""Another option might be to combine live action scenes from the original televised episodes (where available) with animated sections in areas where no original film still exists. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

"Are there any unaired or lost episodes that you would particularly like to see animated in the future? If so, please list them below."

I don't mind the idea of combining them really but they can bugger off with shortening them. Looks like we're in for more anyway.
We are in total agreement...for a change.
iank likes this.
Old 10th February 2017, 10:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Unless there's something on the horizon we don't know about, as in a story animated already, it seems unlikely we'll get a new release this year.

I can imagine one perhaps next Autumn when series 11 is airing unless they rush release the series 11 box set in time for Christmas. That's the market they will want to aim at.

Of course i'm only guesstimating though.
Old 11th February 2017, 04:57 AM
Cult Master

Quote:

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations."
It's not only people who bought the online version of POTD. It's part of the BBC fan panel, which anyone can join - https://www.bbcworldwidefanpanel.com/ You need to register, and then every few weeks you are sent a new survey about a BBC show. I have been sent ones about the Christmas episode of 'Sherlock' and 'Class'

Quote:
Selected questions:

I've just completed it. Took about 10 minutes

Quote:
I don't mind the idea of combining them really but they can bugger off with shortening them
Pretty much what I said, although my language wasn't as colourful!
nosferatu42 and iank like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th February 2017, 09:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Received yesterday:

Old 11th February 2017, 12:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 29

The King's Demons (1983)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg demons.jpg (28.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 11th February 2017, 08:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Time Warrior today, first couple of episodes were fantastic. Liz Sladen was much better than i remembered and also very hot imo.

The Sontaran make up went above and beyond, looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Like this? Share it using the links below!