Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree27160Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5621  
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:27 AM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol and Max Splodge - Orpington
Default

Doctor Who series 10 episode 1 will feature Daleks, BBC reveals - here's what happens in the other episodes
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #5622  
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:03 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
#15: The Dalek Invasion Of Earth


NOTE - Be aware that this also exists as a single disc version

I had no idea about this. Do you know the whys and where fores?
Reply With Quote
  #5623  
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:07 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Wow!!!

Comic Relief is offering the first opportunity ever created to enjoy a Full English Breakfast in the company of Seven Doctors.

The Wolseley on Piccadilly will be hosting this landmark meal where, for the first time in the show's 54 year history, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi will meet to break bread and talk Tardis.

Here, inside its hallowed hall, the meal of meals will take place. An epic event, a world first, and a legendary opportunity to witness history in the making. To win the chance to join them on this remarkable morning, you need to enter the prize draw. Five pounds enters your name into the pot for a chance to join the seven Doctors for what is being described as the most historic breakfast in the history of television.

The meet and greet will take place between September 2017 and May 2018. Comic Relief will give you as much noticed as possible once the date is confirmed.

This prize has been kindly donated by the actors and The Wolseley.

Doctor Who News
Reply With Quote
  #5624  
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:11 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The meet and greet will take place between September 2017 and May 2018.
That's one long breakfast!
Reply With Quote
  #5625  
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:19 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
That's one long breakfast!


Conspiracy theorists can starting putting 2 + 2 together as that's when the Christmas special will be filmed. Obviously not next year but late summer this year.

Wonder if Steven Moffat's going out with the ultimate fanwank story - The Seven Doctors.
Reply With Quote
  #5626  
Old 24th March 2017, 04:49 AM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol and Max Splodge - Orpington
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
#15: The Dalek Invasion Of Earth

NOTE - Be aware that this also exists as a single disc version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I had no idea about this. Do you know the whys and where fores?
To be honest, I'm coming up a blank on this

I have seen physical copies in places like CEX, but I really don't know why it exists. I have not been able to find any evidence of it being re-released as a single disc

As far as I'm aware, it's a UK version, so it's not an import

I suppose it could have been an early promo copy that was sent to magazines and websites for review purposes, and 'not for resale' or maybe it was produced as a prize for competition winners [did DWM ever offer it as a prize?]

A copy has been listed on e-bay - Doctor Who DVD The Dalek Invasion of Earth 1-disc William Hartnell - BBC | eBay - but the sale has now ended and so it doesn't give any information

There was a '40th Anniversary 1963-2003 Dalek Collector's Set', released in October 2003, which was a WHSmiths exclusive. It contained the previously released titles 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth', 'Resurrection of the Daleks' and 'Remembrance of the Daleks', but it was packaged in a fold-out digipak box and not individual cases



To quote Toyah: "It's a mystery"!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #5627  
Old 24th March 2017, 10:58 AM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default Pic of the Day # 68

The Time Monster (1972)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg the time monster 3.jpg (54.1 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5628  
Old 24th March 2017, 12:54 PM
RedEyeTheCylon's Avatar
Certified Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Yorkshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
To be honest, I'm coming up a blank on this

I have seen physical copies in places like CEX, but I really don't know why it exists. I have not been able to find any evidence of it being re-released as a single disc

As far as I'm aware, it's a UK version, so it's not an import

I suppose it could have been an early promo copy that was sent to magazines and websites for review purposes, and 'not for resale' or maybe it was produced as a prize for competition winners [did DWM ever offer it as a prize?]

A copy has been listed on e-bay - Doctor Who DVD The Dalek Invasion of Earth 1-disc William Hartnell - BBC | eBay - but the sale has now ended and so it doesn't give any information

There was a '40th Anniversary 1963-2003 Dalek Collector's Set', released in October 2003, which was a WHSmiths exclusive. It contained the previously released titles 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth', 'Resurrection of the Daleks' and 'Remembrance of the Daleks', but it was packaged in a fold-out digipak box and not individual cases



To quote Toyah: "It's a mystery"!
It was a promo DVD given away by The Times in 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #5629  
Old 25th March 2017, 05:11 AM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol and Max Splodge - Orpington
Default

Born on March 25th, 1920 - Patrick Troughton

trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #5630  
Old 25th March 2017, 11:50 AM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol and Max Splodge - Orpington
Default

Due to travelling, and not having any reference material to hand, the updates to the DVD Guide will be taking a short break for the next 7 days

Normal service should be resumed next weekend
trebor8273 likes this.
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.