Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28509Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2017, 11:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

finished K9 and company a girls best friend. actually not as bad as i was expecting
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th April 2017, 12:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
finished K9 and company a girls best friend. actually not as bad as i was expecting
I think it's with subsequent viewings that it deteriorates.
Old 14th April 2017, 12:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think it's with subsequent viewings that it deteriorates.
to be honest, don't think its something i will go back to, but its still a lot better than class.
Old 14th April 2017, 12:34 PM
Cult Master

I think that the main problem with 'Delta And The Bannermen' is the inclusion of Ken Dodd

Where previous guest stars had been used with a purpose and reason, it seems to me that the Tollmaster character is there just so that viewers can say "Oh! That's Ken Dodd

Personally I like the story, and it cannot be a coincidence that when Russell T. made 'The Sarah-Jane Adventures', he had her living in Bannerman Road

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th April 2017, 01:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I think that the main problem with 'Delta And The Bannermen' is the inclusion of Ken Dodd

Where previous guest stars had been used with a purpose and reason, it seems to me that the Tollmaster character is there just so that viewers can say "Oh! That's Ken Dodd

Personally I like the story, and it cannot be a coincidence that when Russell T. made 'The Sarah-Jane Adventures', he had her living in Bannerman Road
Ken Dodd is never a 'problem'. He wasn't on screen that long, a couple of minutes at most.

As for the jolly old Tollmaster? I thought he was there to show how sadistic and ruthless the Bannermen were, by murdering him.
Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 14th April 2017, 06:05 PM
Cult Master

With the weeks and months of 'news', rumour and speculation with regards to who is going to be the new Doctor, it's amazing how times have changed

Page 18 of the Manchester Guardian in 1966. If you hunt, you might just find it! [Hint - It's obviously less important than the news that Julie Owen, of Derby Road, won the Miss Blackpool competition!!]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic794 - patrick troughton new doctor who.jpg (100.0 KB, 4 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th April 2017, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I know there's a lot of promo interviews on this release but i think it's a shame there isn't a making of documentary.

Delta and the Bannermen isn't universally loved i understand but i've always liked it. I find it's quaint Britishness so appealing with it's holiday camp vibe seemingly mismatched by a sadistic streak that permeates it all.

Plus of course there's Ray as played by Sara Griffiths. In contention to replace Bonnie Langford as companion. It's such a shame she didn't as her quiet scenes with Sylvester McCoy were beautifully played and they had real chemistry together. The possibilities were endless had they traveled together as Ray, from 1959, would have been amazed at everything, from the usual alien worlds to seeing how late 80's earth differed to her era.
Aye, we can but wish ... there is an atmosphere in the comm after this possibility is mentioned imo....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 14th April 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 14th April 2017, 07:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

Nothing's a coincidence with Russell T. Davies. Just look at those farting Slitheen. Heads like you know what, well sort of. I've always enjoyed Delta and the Bannermen. Worth it for both the Two American CIA agents, Hawk and Weismuller.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 14th April 2017, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some more who I've watched

Terror of the zygons

The satan pit

Love and m monsters

Fear her

Army of ghost's

Doomsday's

The runaway Bride

I'm probably in the minority but Donna had to be my favorite new comapanion , nice change see wasn't all cow eyed about the doctor.

Next up dragonfire.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th April 2017, 09:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

I'm probably in the minority but Donna had to be my favorite new comapanion , nice change see wasn't all cow eyed about the doctor.
My fave companion full stop!
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!