Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28655Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2017, 01:48 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

I really enjoyed that, it was pretty creepy when the wedding dress mannequins came alive
Have you seen 'Spearhead From Space' yet?

The scene where that Autons come to life is much more effective in that one

Plus, people actually get killed!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th June 2017, 01:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Have you seen 'Spearhead From Space' yet?

The scene where that Autons come to life is much more effective in that one

Plus, people actually get killed!!
I've not seen those episodes, no. That music is bloody fantastic though!
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th June 2017, 04:35 PM
Cult Veteran

I've watched 3 episodes now, I really like Eccleston as The Doctor!

As soon as I saw the trail for The Unquiet Dead at the end of episode 2 I knew that was going to be a Mark Gatiss episode. There have been some great guest stars as well, Zoe Wanamaker as the last human Cassandra and Simon Callow as Charles Dickens The next episodes is UFOs in central London - looking forward to it.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 4th June 2017, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've watched 3 episodes now, I really like Eccleston as The Doctor!

As soon as I saw the trail for The Unquiet Dead at the end of episode 2 I knew that was going to be a Mark Gatiss episode. There have been some great guest stars as well, Zoe Wanamaker as the last human Cassandra and Simon Callow as Charles Dickens The next episodes is UFOs in central London - looking forward to it.
Don't get hopes up to far , OK episode brought down by the worst aliens of new who by far.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 4th June 2017, 06:26 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
This weeks ratings are going to take a hammering again!

Doctor Who News: Schedule Change Pits Doctor Who against Britain's Got Talent Final
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I weep for those that would rather watch Britain's got shit instead of doctor who!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Merlin used to do brilliantly up against The X-Factor so it will be interesting to see how it does.
Apparently 'The Lie Of The Land' was watched by 3.01 million overnight, which is the shows lowest overnight rating in its history - the previous low was 'Battlefield' in 1989, which was watched by 3.10 million

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/06...t-viewing.html

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th June 2017, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Apparently 'The Lie Of The Land' was watched by 3.01 million overnight, which is the shows lowest overnight rating in its history - the previous low was 'Battlefield' in 1989, which was watched by 3.10 million

Doctor Who News: The Lie of the Land - Overnight Viewing Figures
From next season maybe they need to show it at a different time or day?
Old 4th June 2017, 07:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I enjoyed The Lie of the Land, it was not perfect and yeas, there were some tricks that were too obvious more aimed at the viewer, but I have to be honest, that fake regeneration worked well for me! Maybe I watch too much US series that I also do not mind the positive endings. But I had a bit to swallow with the similarities to the recently finished parallel world arc in Marvel Agents of SHIELD, but since I really loved that, I smiled it away ;-) Peter was acting great again, his interplay with Missy was great too, let's see how that will continue. Oh yeah and I started to get used to teh Little Britain baldie, now I start to love him
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 4th June 2017, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran

Still enjoying series one of the reboot, Aliens of London was pretty good despite the farting... my other half even said "did the doctor just say 'can you please stop farting i'm trying to save the world'?" He wasn't even watching it with me. Just going to watch the 2nd part World War Three now.

Old 4th June 2017, 08:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Even though the BBC is supposedly committed to Dr Who for the next five years, last nights end of trilogy story was once again a let down. Such a build up with some rather interesting moments, but the ending felt like a deflated beach ball, after too many kicks on the beach. The Monks were a terrific foe, and deserved a much more memorable end to the trilogy story arc, but as usual it just fell short. Great shame!

The BBC certainly will be watching closely how the next series turns out. As to whether the new Dr Who team will be able to capture the buzz of the Tennant era remains to be seen. I still think the show "could" be axed after the new revamp with Chibnall in charge. As always with the BBC in the past, agreements can change, and the show gets the chop. The ratings do seem to indicate that Dr Who is on the slide. Capaldi wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but even with a younger doctor in the role, will this ultimately change the fact that the ratings may never recover?.
Old 4th June 2017, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Even though the BBC is supposedly committed to Dr Who for the next five years, last nights end of trilogy story was once again a let down. Such a build up with some rather interesting moments, but the ending felt like a deflated beach ball, after too many kicks on the beach. The Monks were a terrific foe, and deserved a much more memorable end to the trilogy story arc, but as usual it just fell short. Great shame!

The BBC certainly will be watching closely how the next series turns out. As to whether the new Dr Who team will be able to capture the buzz of the Tennant era remains to be seen. I still think the show "could" be axed after the new revamp with Chibnall in charge. As always with the BBC in the past, agreements can change, and the show gets the chop. The ratings do seem to indicate that Dr Who is on the slide.
I could be wrong it has great ratings in america and China and they seem to be a bigger market for it than the UK, if its true the poor ratings in the UK aren't that important in the long run.

Like this? Share it using the links below!