Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28614Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2017, 09:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Still in the top 5 Twitter trends.
Old 16th July 2017, 09:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

trebor8273 likes this.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No she hasn't. Receptionists didn't wear a school uniform as far as i'm aware. At least not in my school they didn't.
This is Jodie Whittaker in St Trinian's 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I'm struggling to see this as anything other than an utter joke and the end of the program. So it turns out that Chinballs' idea of "bold and radical" was to cut the lead character's balls off... while the rest of the show will no doubt remain the same tired New Who cookie-cutter crap.

I'm trying to see the positive in this, I really am. And maybe if this was classic Who and we were in the hands of some creative genius, I might be able to. But this is New Who and its the man who wrote Cyberwoman.
Stick a fork in it, I think it might be done.
Would it be any different if the announcement was that the new Doctor Who was being played by a relatively obscure actor like Charlie Creed-Miles or a known commodity such as Hugh Bonneville?

What I'm really asking is whether you're objecting to the casting of Peter Capaldi's replacement or the direction of the show.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

Would it be any different if the announcement was that the new Doctor Who was being played by a relatively obscure actor like Charlie Creed-Miles or a known commodity such as Hugh Bonneville?

What I'm really asking is whether you're objecting to the casting of Peter Capaldi's replacement or the direction of the show.
IanK objects to more or less everything to do with 21st century Doctor Who. This was no surprise.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
IanK objects to more or less everything to do with 21st century Doctor Who. This was no surprise.
Oh, that makes sense. I don't think I've visited this thread before today, so it seems I have much to learn!
Old 16th July 2017, 10:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've not watched much NU-Who,but the viewers will decide on the success of the new Dr,if the ratings sink lower than daleks plunger then they'll give her the elbow,and probably chose a safer bet,or it will be successful and a lot of people will look stopid.

Old 16th July 2017, 10:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
I've not watched much NU-Who,but the viewers will decide on the success of the new Dr,if the ratings sink lower than daleks plunger then they'll give her the elbow,and probably chose a safer bet,or it will be successful and a lot of people will look stopid.
So it's similar to the post-Clarkson Top Gear situation? That was all over the news, so I understand if that is an approximate situation.
Old 16th July 2017, 11:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
So it's similar to the post-Clarkson Top Gear situation? That was all over the news, so I understand if that is an approximate situation.
You should really give the program a go, Nos. You might enjoy it.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:35 AM
Cult Addict

I really don't care and i am ready to welcome a female doctor aboard, it's the writing that makes the show work when it does, people have been whining about Capaldi being old for the past 3 years anyways. (tossers)
Personally i really liked him, i thought the extended Clara shite screwed his time as the Doctor myself.
It seems everybody wants a young male doctor apart from me, this will f**k up the young female fans i'm sure too, as well as the old classic fans.
Oh well screw 'em, i'm willing to give her a go.(in more ways than one) ahem.
So many people whined about Colin Baker's coat and Sylvester Mccoy etc at the time, whereas all the doctors have been interesting in their own ways and all have had good stories.
It all depends on the writers.
Personally i hope she nails it and f**ks up all the naysayers.
Everyone deserves a chance.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 17th July 2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 17th July 2017, 05:09 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I'm struggling to see this as anything other than an utter joke and the end of the program. So it turns out that Chinballs' idea of "bold and radical" was to cut the lead character's balls off
Good call

Come on guys - you know he's right. A person who has no balls (or 'testicles', to give them the long word) is obviously nowhere near as good, believable, talented etc as someone who DOES have balls (or 'testicles', to give them the long word)

However I do have to pick Mr. K up on something. He forgot to mention that it is a known fact that a 'woman' also has a fraction of the intelligence that a man has. This is down to the fact that the size of her brain is much smaller than the size of a mans' brain. This is a SCIENTIFIC FACT

It's just a shame we have already used the joke about the TARDIS making the strange 'Vroop-Vroop wheezing and groaning sound' (copyright Terrance Dicks) because the brake was always left on when making a landing

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!