Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28653Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2017, 06:19 PM
Cult Master

You know something?

I don't remember this much hoo-ha when Bernard Lee (1962-1979) turned into Robert Brown (1983–1989) and subsequently became Dame Judi Dench (1995–2015) before ending up as Ralph Fiennes (2012–present)

It seems that 'Doctor Who' fans are more of a "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" than 'James Bond' fans are!

*Edit - Mind you, 'M' is a job title and not a person isn't it. Whereas 'James Bond' is the same character whether he is Sean Connery, Roger Moore or Daniel Craig but 'M' is the person in charge of MI6

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 17th July 2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 17th July 2017, 07:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A stunningly unsurprising response from the Sun and the Mail.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...odie-whittaker

Old 17th July 2017, 09:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I do think they are pandering to the PC Brigade with the casting, but at the same time, it is what it is and I'm not bothered tbh. I'm sure she'll do a fine job and a lot of the mob baying for blood right now will calm down after a few episodes. I'm probably one of the few people who had never heard of her until Sunday though

Oh yes, who's taking bets that it's be less than one episode until Bill (or someone else) mentions that Bill is totally attracted to The Doctor? You know it'll happen.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Trevor Baxter Dead: 'Doctor Who' Actor Known For Professor Litefoot Role, Dies Aged 84 | HuffPost UK

Will have to watch Talons again some time this week.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
*Edit - Mind you, 'M' is a job title and not a person isn't it. Whereas 'James Bond' is the same character whether he is Sean Connery, Roger Moore or Daniel Craig but 'M' is the person in charge of MI6
Ding, ding, I think someone finally got it.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
A stunningly unsurprising response from the Sun and the Mail.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...odie-whittaker

I notice you've seen this film, Nos.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I do think they are pandering to the PC Brigade with the casting, but at the same time, it is what it is and I'm not bothered tbh. I'm sure she'll do a fine job and a lot of the mob baying for blood right now will calm down after a few episodes. I'm probably one of the few people who had never heard of her until Sunday though

Oh yes, who's taking bets that it's be less than one episode until Bill (or someone else) mentions that Bill is totally attracted to The Doctor? You know it'll happen.
I totally agree that they are pandering to the PC brigade. All along i said i hope it's a man.

However now it's been announced i'm quite excited by it all and really look forward to seeing how she does.

I'm certainly more excited about the next series than i am the Christmas special.
nosferatu42 and Deadite like this.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This might sound ridiculous but...

I did hear a while back that the Christmas special may well have a future Doctor in it...

...BUT... not necessarily the one Capaldi regenerates into.

Quite a few whispers said the Christmas special was going to be another Christmas Carol type episode showing a past Doctor and a future Doctor to Capaldi who doesn't want to regenerate as he feels he doesn't have a purpose anymore after losing Bill.

Now what if David Bradley is the equivalent of Marley's ghost and we see another ex-Doctor in action (Sean playing Jon for example) and Jodie Whitaker being a far future Doctor... not the next Doctor.

A wild theory i admit but surely the reveal of David Bradley isn't the only trick Moffat has up his sleeve for his and Capaldi's swansong.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 18th July 2017, 12:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This might sound ridiculous but...

I did hear a while back that the Christmas special may well have a future Doctor in it...

...BUT... not necessarily the one Capaldi regenerates into.

Quite a few whispers said the Christmas special was going to be another Christmas Carol type episode showing a past Doctor and a future Doctor to Capaldi who doesn't want to regenerate as he feels he doesn't have a purpose anymore after losing Bill.

Now what if David Bradley is the equivalent of Marley's ghost and we see another ex-Doctor in action (Sean playing Jon for example) and Jodie Whitaker being a far future Doctor... not the next Doctor.

A wild theory i admit but surely the reveal of David Bradley isn't the only trick Moffat has up his sleeve for his and Capaldi's swansong.

That would be interesting if she did turn out not to be the next Doctor, quite clever way of keeping the new doctor secret. unlikely but would be worth it just for the reaction.
Old 18th July 2017, 05:25 AM
Cult Master

Fear not people

Despite now having a female body, under the rules of the Gender Recognition Act (2004), the Doctor is still male, and he is likely to be so for a few years

Doctor Who: We regret to inform you that you are still legally a man | PinkNews

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!