Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28628Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2017, 08:12 AM
Cult Master

Changes to new Doctor Who series starring Jodie Whittaker revealed as show bosses plot "fresh and brilliant" revamp - Mirror Online

"The BBC1 series will run for 10 weeks rather than the usual 12 or 13, but each programme will last a full hour instead of 45 minutes...Chibnall has ordered a new-look police box, a redesigned TARDIS control room and an updated sonic screwdriver...more of the stories travelling backwards in time, to interesting historical eras, as well as forwards...It is unclear where the new BBC1 series will be scheduled on Saturday evenings however, as an autumn outing will again set it on a collision course with Strictly Come Dancing. Fans, many of whom are primary school kids, prefer to watch the show in its traditional teatime slot rather in peaktime."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th October 2017, 09:58 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Changes to new Doctor Who series starring Jodie Whittaker revealed as show bosses plot "fresh and brilliant" revamp - Mirror Online

"The BBC1 series will run for 10 weeks rather than the usual 12 or 13, but each programme will last a full hour instead of 45 minutes...Chibnall has ordered a new-look police box, a redesigned TARDIS control room and an updated sonic screwdriver...more of the stories travelling backwards in time, to interesting historical eras, as well as forwards...It is unclear where the new BBC1 series will be scheduled on Saturday evenings however, as an autumn outing will again set it on a collision course with Strictly Come Dancing. Fans, many of whom are primary school kids, prefer to watch the show in its traditional teatime slot rather in peaktime."
Again, just read this doing a pic search for the next pic of the day.

It's all for merchandise. Buy a slightly redesigned TARDIS, then a new console room, not forgetting a new sonic screwdriver which were always big sellers.

Not that i'm complaining at all.

Plus the reduction to ten episodes is better. 12 x 45 mins = 540 mins whilst 10 x 60 mins = 600 minutes.

Note to Mr. Chibnall - Don't screw with the Dalek design. You can't get better than perfection.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:01 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 268

Remembrance of the Daleks (1988)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p00y0bn9.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 9th October 2017, 11:40 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

I've no doubt this will be true but it's from the same source - Mirror Online - that brought us "Kris Marshall is the Doctor" .
Old 9th October 2017, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Am literally sick of so called fans whining on Facebook. On a lighter note, i noticed that Trial of a Timelord was down to £18 in HMV (cheapest I've seen it new anyhow)
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th October 2017, 10:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

3 disc Shada blu ray up for pre-order on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0767QDR..._xu-2zb2DKJKVT

May be an official announcement (trailer?) very soon.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post

Of all the stories that could be animated they come up with this bollocks!
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Shada is wonderful. I was a bit peeved at first that it wasn't a missing story but I can see the logic in doing it now. Tom's not going to be around forever, alas.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Shada is wonderful. I was a bit peeved at first that it wasn't a missing story but I can see the logic in doing it now. Tom's not going to be around forever, alas.
I just don't like it. I don't like much Adams stuff to be honest.

I've got the BF story signed by Paul McGann and i've never even listened to it.

I suppose i'll get it eventually but there's no way i'll be preordering like i did with Power of the Daleks.
Old 10th October 2017, 05:29 AM
Cult Master

Quote:

Unfinished Fourth Doctor Classic 'Shada' To Be Finally Completed! | Articles | Doctor Who

"BBC Worldwide have announced today that an unfinished and unbroadcast Fourth Doctor story written is to be completed combining original live-action footage with hand-drawn animation.

Shada will be released on DVD, bluray and digital download

The animation will feature the newly-recorded voices of the original cast, including Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor and Lalla Ward as Romana, performing the original script

Shada will be released in the UK as a digital download on November 24, 2017, and then on DVD and bluray on December 4, 2017.

Fans in the UK can also purchase a 3-disc bluray steelbook edition of Shada, featuring exclusive artwork and additional content.

Shada Extras

The following special features are included on the DVD and regular bluray releases:

• Taken Out of Time
A frank and revealing examination of why Shada became the only Doctor Who story never to be completed. Featuring Tom Baker (The Doctor), Daniel Hill (Chris Parsons) and director Pennant Roberts.

• Now and Then
Compare the Cambridge locations as they appeared in 1979 with how they look today.

• Strike, Strike, Strike!
A look at how industrial action impacted Doctor Who over the years.

• Studio Sessions - 1979
• Dialogue Sessions
• Model Filming
• Deleted Scenes
• Title Sequence Films
• Live Action Reference Footage
• 1979 Gallery
• 2017 Gallery

The bluray steelbook edition includes an extra disc of exclusive additional content (more info on this soon) and features exclusive artwork.

Shada in Cinemas

On Saturday, December 2, 2017 there will also be a special screening of Shada at BFI Southbank, London, UK. Tickets for BFI members will be available from November 7, and for the public from November 14. Further information on the screening will be available soon."

Like Mr. Dike, I am distinctly underwhelmed by this
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!