Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28507Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2018, 01:30 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A robot guard from The Ghost Monument (2018)

Presumably that is the creature that people thought were either Sontarans or Judoon in the leaked photos

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th November 2018, 01:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Presumably that is the creature that people thought were either Sontarans or Judoon in the leaked photos
That sounds more exciting than the actual episode, can we watch that instead lol
Old 17th November 2018, 03:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Yes, sadly. Somewhat of a let down...
Old 17th November 2018, 03:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 662

A Dalek confronts Victoria (Deborah Watling) in the classic story The Evil of the Daleks (1967)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg vqrtjauji0tz2nqg3enb.jpg (21.3 KB, 29 views)
Mojo likes this.
Old 17th November 2018, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Its being reported on Outpost Skaro that S12 is now likely to air in 2019 but in a much shorter form, possibly 5-6 episodes and if the BBC get a showrunner in place, Chibnall & Whittaker will depart next Christmas. If not, s12 will be split in two. For release 19/20. Regardless, Chibnall and Whittaker will be going.

Might not be true but I can't say its bad news if they're getting rid of Chibnall

S12 News. Sooner than you think but not as much as you’d like. Six of the best or short changed? | Outpost Skaro
Old 17th November 2018, 10:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I think it needs resting, tbh. A good decade off-air and then brought back as a niche show on BBC 2 aimed at actual sci-fi/horror fans instead of soap opera fans and the PC crowd.
It's just sad and embarrassing at this point.
Old 17th November 2018, 10:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I think it needs resting, tbh. A good decade off-air and then brought back as a niche show on BBC 2 aimed at actual sci-fi/horror fans instead of soap opera fans and the PC crowd.
It's just sad and embarrassing at this point.
Can't see the BBC doing that iank. A niche show with very little money spent on it dumped on BBC 2. Have you been drinking endless cans of Fosters sunny? You might as well dump Dr Who on Dave, and do a Red Dwarf. Doctor Who's always been aimed at a BBC 1 audience, so I don't think the BBC would even consider BBC2 as an option. I think a rest would be wise after seeing this fire dumpster of a show. It'll need a good decade of rest for sure, but by that time, the BBC might not be around, and even if it is, it'll be on an on-demand service, similar to the current BBCiPlayer service. By that time, maybe TV's will be a thing of the past? Who knows, better ask Andy Pandy and her flying TARDIS to take us there and find out iank.
Old 17th November 2018, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After finishing Talons have went with planet of fire , which don't think I've ever seen.
Old 17th November 2018, 10:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Can't see the BBC doing that iank. A niche show with very little money spent on it dumped on BBC 2. Have you been drinking endless cans of Fosters sunny? You might as well dump Dr Who on Dave, and do a Red Dwarf. Doctor Who's always been aimed at a BBC 1 audience, so I don't think the BBC would even consider BBC2 as an option. I think a rest would be wise after seeing this fire dumpster of a show. It'll need a good decade of rest for sure, but by that time, the BBC might not be around, and even if it is, it'll be on an on-demand service, similar to the current BBCiPlayer service. By that time, maybe TV's will be a thing of the past? Who knows, better ask Andy Pandy and her flying TARDIS to take us there and find out iank.
Oh I know it'a a pipe dream.
Old 17th November 2018, 10:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
After finishing Talons have went with planet of fire , which don't think I've ever seen.
Don't mind Planet of Fire. But nothing could be better written in the Davison era than Caves of Androzani. Still love that story, even though some people say it's one of the most overrated Dr Who stories. Christopher Gable was brilliantly cast as Sharaz Jek.

Like this? Share it using the links below!