Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2019, 07:36 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Chase – Episode 1 – The Executioners
Barbara Wright: What is that awful noise?
The Doctor: I beg your pardon? "Awful noise"? That's no way to talk about my singing!
Barbara Wright: No, Doctor, not that awful noise! The other one!
The Chase – Episode 2 – The Death Of Time
Dalek: Final termination is inevitable!
Dalek: Eradicate!
Dalek: Obliterate!
Dalek: Annihilate!
The Chase – Episode 3 – Flight Through Eternity
Guide: Here on top of the Empire State Building, you're on the hundredth and second storey above the ground level. At a height of one thousand four hundred and seventy three feet. This is the tallest building, the tallest structure in the entire world. Now you'll note, when you come up in the elevator, it took you seven minutes. Well, this way down, you wanna get down in a hurry, it would take you thirty seconds. (laughter) Well, of course, we don't recommend that. Now as we gaze out across the panorama. As we gaze out across the imposing panorama of our proud city, you will notice many other notable buildings. Among them the Chrysler Tower, that's one thousand and forty six feet high, and the Chanin Tower, that's six hundred and eighty feet high and already it's threatened with obsolescence.
Morton Dill: (cowboy hat and camera) With ob what?
Guide: Observe also the mighty Hudson river and now if you'll come with me to the north aspect of the building, I will point out many more items of interest. (The Guide hustles his group away but Morton Dill stays behind to look through the telescope)
(The Tardis materialises)
Morton Dill: We sure don't have anything like that in Alabama! No sir, ha! (He turns to follow the tour group) I could have sworn that thing wasn't there just now? Well, I guess that's New York for ya! Ha! (Barbara comes out of the Tardis) Morning.
Barbara Wright: You're from Earth.
Morton Dill: No, no, Ma'am. No, I'm from Alabama.
Barbara Wright: What time is it?
Morton Dill: Three after twelve, Ma'am.
Barbara Wright: I really meant what year is it?
Morton Dill: What, you mean you have different years here?
Barbara Wright: Well, what year is it in Alabama?
Morton Dill: 1966 Ma'am. Say, you wouldn't be trying to have a bit of fun with me now, would you?
Barbara Wright: No, no.
Vicki: Afternoon.
Morton Dill: Mornin'. 1966.
Vicki: Oh, er, thank you.
Morton Dill: Pleased to oblige you, Miss!
Vicki: I recognise this place. It's Ancient New York.
Morton Dill: Ancient?
Vicki: There were pictures of it in our history books. It was destroyed in the Dalek invasion.
Morton Dill: Wait, how many more of you are there in that thing?
The Doctor: Oh, just the four of us, young man.
Morton Dill: Must be a kind of tight squeeze. They can't all have come out of there.
Ian Chesterton: This is no place to meet the Daleks. A lot of innocent people could get hurt.
The Doctor: Yes, quite so, quite so, dear boy. Well, the computers will be ready in a few moments. I suggest that we re-embark.
Ian Chesterton: Yes.
The Doctor: Vicki, Barbara Wright, come along.
Morton Dill: Hey, you goin' back in?
Barbara Wright: Yes, that's right.
Morton Dill: Oh now, come on, wait a minute. I just bet you folks are from Hollywood. You're making some kind of motion picture. Now that's it, ain't it?
The Doctor: No, it ain't! I mean, it isn't.
Morton Dill: Come on, you can tell me. Your secret will be safe. Yes, sir, real safe.
The Doctor: Secret?
Morton Dill: Sure, I've seen this trick before. Great long police cars comin' outa tiny little wooden sheds. I saw you come outa there with ma own eyes! You just ain't gonna make it back it again.
Vicki: Goodbye.
Barbara Wright: Goodbye!
Ian Chesterton: Goodbye!
Morton Dill: (Slaps the The Doctor on the back) Hot diggety! I knew I was right. You should be wearing Police uniforms, you all is, you all is in a chase.
The Doctor: Chase? Yes, as a matter of fact, young man, that's exactly what this is. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be getting along. It's the chase, you know?
Morton Dill: Sure thing, Mister! I understand. Just wait til I tell the folks back home I met some real live movie people. (knocks on Tardis door) Do you know Cheyenne Bodie? Look, just wait a minute, I want to get this thing on celluloid. (The Tardis dematerialises) That's real clever, how they done that. Sure if it don't beat all. (The Dalek's ship materialise) Sure is clever. Gosh darn it if they ain't gone and done it again. (A Dalek comes out) Howdy, Mister! Say, you sure are an ugly looking friend. Wait, what's the name of this film, Mister? My, my, boy, you've come all over in blue spots. What's this thing here? (He grabs the Dalek's ray gun and gets pushed against the wire mesh for his troubles) Now, just, now now! There ain't no need to get sore. The other movie people was right friendly.
Dalek: Movie people? Where are they?
Morton Dill: They just left. They was in some kind of beat-up old blue wooden box. It just kinda like vanished. Say, I thought they'd have been chasing you. Just hold it there, Mister. I want to get a picture of this. (The Dalek ship dematerialises) Sure is the greatest
(But he's missed the shot again) Well, dang me if they ain't gone and done it again. This is the greatest thing. It's gotta be around here somewhere. Just can't vanish into thin air. I know you're there somewhere, boy. (Morton Dill starts feeling the air and stamping on the floor as the group returns)
Guide: I enjoy my work gives me a chance to meet people. You know. I get around
Morton Dill: There's gotta be a trick to it somehow! Yes, sir, I bet this here's hollow. That's what it is.
Guide: He's a nutter. Keep an eye on him. See that he don't jump off the building. I'll get a cop. Watch him.
Morton Dill: Coming back. They should
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th March 2019, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 781

The Silence from the 2011 episode Day of the Moon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9484fe9bceec7da0bf38a1d064d392d8 (Large).jpg (43.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 19th March 2019, 07:18 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Time Meddler – Episode 1 – The Watcher
Vicki: This isn't an ordinary ship, you know. This is a time machine.
Steven: Time? Look, this ship may have a way-out design, but time machines? That's ridiculous.
Vicki: Doctor? He says the Tardis isn't a time machine.
Doctor: Oh, does he now?
Vicki: Tell him.
Doctor: I don't see why I should, my child. He'll learn soon enough.
Steven: Look, Doctor, I've seen some spaceships in my time, admittedly nothing like this. Well, what does this do?
Doctor: That is the dematerialising control and that, over yonder, is the horizontal hold. Up there is the scanner, those are the doors, that is a chair with a panda on it. Sheer poetry, dear boy. Now please stop bothering me.
Steven: You gave this ship a name just now, what was it?
Vicki: TARDIS. T-A-R-D-I-S. It's stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.
Steven: IDBI.
Vicki: What? IDBI?
Steven: I-D-B-I.
Vicki: Yeah.
Steven: Means I Don't Believe It.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th March 2019, 12:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 782

Davros as seen in Journey's End (2008)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p01nw6pv.jpg (82.0 KB, 25 views)
nosferatu42, Graeme73 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 19th March 2019, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ach, I've a soft spot for Hive ... I've had the book for years etc ... the reveal ahem. Rewatch!
Finished it while not the greatest it still miles ahead of anything from season 11 and yep that reveal

Now watching Meglos. My steelbook of Macra terror has been sent to zooms warehouse.
Old 19th March 2019, 06:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Finished it while not the greatest it still miles ahead of anything from season 11 and yep that reveal

Now watching Meglos. My steelbook of Macra terror has been sent to zooms warehouse.
Agreed with Hive. Its far from perfect but its comfort Who for me. Great music, great effects, Tom Baker giving one of his best performances "arrest the scarf then!". Better than almost everything from Seasons 15-17 and Lightyears ahead of Series 11.

Meglos was alright. Again its far from perfect but still enjoyable. The reveal of Meglos was amazing. Jacqueline Hill, whilst not playing Barbara, was good in her own right as Priestess Lexa.

Season 18 has nothing I explicitly hate. Full Circle is average overall but its first half is amazing, especially the end of episode 1. State of Decay is a masterpiece. Warriors Gate is also a masterpiece and much better on re-watch. Keeper of Traken can drag sometimes but the plot is enjoyable enough. And Logopolis was a decent end for Tom, He went out saving not a town, or a planet, but the entire Universe.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th March 2019, 06:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Agreed with Hive. Its far from perfect but its comfort Who for me. Great music, great effects, Tom Baker giving one of his best performances "arrest the scarf then!". Better than almost everything from Seasons 15-17 and Lightyears ahead of Series 11.

Meglos was alright. Again its far from perfect but still enjoyable. The reveal of Meglos was amazing. Jacqueline Hill, whilst not playing Barbara, was good in her own right as Priestess Lexa.

Season 18 has nothing I explicitly hate. Full Circle is average overall but its first half is amazing, especially the end of episode 1. State of Decay is a masterpiece. Warriors Gate is also a masterpiece and much better on re-watch. Keeper of Traken can drag sometimes but the plot is enjoyable enough. And Logopolis was a decent end for Tom, He went out saving not a town, or a planet, but the entire Universe.
Keeper is my fave from that season. By a distance.
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 19th March 2019, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching Full Circle , Matthew Warterhouse really can't act can he.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 19th March 2019, 09:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Keeper is another one that sends me to sleep.
Old 19th March 2019, 11:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching Full Circle , Matthew Warterhouse really can't act can he.
No. He tries really hard but yeah. All the same I still liked his character, enough to cry badly when he leaves in Earthshock.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!