Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2019, 06:14 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Sontaran Experiment – Part 1
Vural: Right. How long have they been in deep freeze on Nerva?
The Doctor: Oh, ten thousand years?
Vural: And you woke up before the others?
The Doctor: Well, no. I'm a sort of travelling time expert. As you can see, Earth's been habitable for several thousand years, but they didn't wake up. Why? Clock stopped. Overslept. So here I am.
Vural: Clock expert?
The Doctor: Horologist, actually. And chronometrist. I just love clocks. Atomic clocks, wall quartz clocks, grandfather clocks
Erak: He's still lying.
Vural: Shut up, Erak.
The Doctor: Cuckoo clocks.
Vural: You got any proof?
The Doctor: Well, no, but then I didn't expect to meet anyone
The Sontaran Experiment – Part 2
(The Sontaran comes over to inspect the new captives.)
Styre: The female of the species.
(Styre releases them.)
Sarah: Linx. A Sontaran. Can't be. You were destroyed in the thirteenth century. You were blown to smithereens.
Styre: You may have seen one of us.
Sarah: But you're identical. The same ugly
Styre: Identical, yes, the same, no. I am Styre. Field Major Styre, as you will address me, of the Sontaran G3 Military Assessment Survey. And your opinion of my looks is of no interest to my programme. (Styre speaks into a dictaphone.) Female number one, first assessment. Would appear to have no military justification. Offensive value therefore nil.
Roth: You won't get me. You won't torture me again.
(Roth starts to run away, and Styre shoots him with his red-beam hand weapon. Sarah screams.)
Styre: Why did you make that disagreeable noise?
Sarah: You killed him!
Styre: That is my function. I am a warrior.
Sarah: Murderer. Murderer!
Styre: Silence! The moron was of no further use to me. I had already tested him. You, as a female, are far more interesting. And soon I will have the rest of your companions.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:00 AM
Cult Master

Sylvester McCoy, as part of the 'Ken Campbell Roadshow', at the 1979 'Secret Policeman's Ball' for Amnesty International

Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 2nd May 2019, 10:52 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 27

Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred as the Doctor and Ace in a publicity photo for the 1988 story The Greatest Show in the Galaxy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sm7 (Large).jpg (87.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:13 AM
Cult Master

Genesis Of The Daleks – Part 1
Ravon: Take a good look. In a few weeks we're going to change the shape of that map forever. We'll wipe the Thals from the face of Skaro.
The Doctor: Yes, I've heard that before.
Genesis Of The Daleks – Part 2
Nyder: I want these two screened and passed to Ronson for full interrogation.
Tane: Yes, sir.
Nyder: [handing him a box] Prisoner's belongings.
[they exchange Nazi-esque salutes and Nyder leaves]
The Doctor: Good, well, now he's gone, any chance of a cup of tea?
Tane: WHAT?
The Doctor: Or coffee. My friend and I have had a very trying experience. Haven't we had a trying experience, Harry?
Harry: Very trying, Doctor.
Tane: Step into the security scan!
The Doctor: What, no tea?
Tane: Let me point out to you that you have no rights whatsoever. I have full authority to torture and kill any prisoner who does not comply absolutely with my orders. That is your first and last warning.
The Doctor: No tea, Harry.
Genesis Of The Daleks – Part 3
The Doctor: [to a pair of guards] Excuse me, can you help me, I'm a spy.
[he knocks their heads together]
Genesis Of The Daleks – Part 4
Davros: I have read the initial reports of your interrogation. The suggestion that you have travelled through space and time was utterly dismissed by the computer analysis.
The Doctor: I imagine it had never been programmed for such a concept.
Davros: Precisely. I, however, I am perhaps more flexible. Though the power of such travel is beyond my scientific comprehension, it is not beyond my imagination. Why did you come here?
The Doctor: To stop the development of the Daleks.
Davros: Why?
The Doctor: Because having lived in what you would call the future, I have seen the carnage and destruction they have caused.
Davros: Then my Daleks do go on, they do survive?
The Doctor: Yes, as weapons of hate and machines of war.
Davros: Fascinating.
The Doctor: But there's still time to change all that. Why not make them a force for good throughout the universe?
Davros: I could do it.
The Doctor: Then do it. Be remembered for that.
Davros: You have seen my Daleks in battle?
The Doctor: Many times. I've fought against them.
Davros: And do they win? Do they always win?
The Doctor: Not always. They have been defeated, but never utterly defeated. The Dalek menace always remains.
Davros: If, as you say, they become the supreme creatures of war, how can they lose? How can they fail?
The Doctor: Misfortune. Lack of information. Sometimes overwhelming opposition.
Davros: Yes, but tell me, how do the Daleks fail?
The Doctor: No, Davros. That is a question that the future must keep secret.
Davros: What mistakes do they make? You will tell me!
The Doctor: No.
Davros: YOU WILL TELL ME!
The Doctor: NO, I WILL NOT!
Genesis Of The Daleks – Part 5
Davros: Now, future errors will be eradicated. Defeats will become victories. You have changed the future of the universe, Doctor.
The Doctor: I have betrayed the future. Davros, for the last time, consider what you're doing. Stop the development of the Daleks.
Davros: Impossible. It is beyond my control. The workshops are already fully automated to produce the Dalek machines.
The Doctor: It's not the machines, it's the minds of the creatures inside them. Minds that you created. They are totally evil.
Davros: Evil? No. No, I will not accept that. They are conditioned simply to survive. They can survive only by becoming the dominant species. When all other life forms are suppressed, when the Daleks are the supreme rulers of the universe, then you will have peace. Wars will end. They are the power not of evil, but of good.
The Doctor: Davros, if you had created a virus in your laboratory, something contagious and infectious that killed on contact, a virus that would destroy all other forms of life, would you allow its use?
Davros: It is an interesting conjecture.
The Doctor: Would you do it?
Davros: The only living thing, a microscopic organism reigning supreme. A fascinating idea.
The Doctor: But would you do it?
Davros: Yes. Yes. To hold in my hand a capsule that contains such power, to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice. To know that the tiny pressure on my thumb, enough to break the glass, would end everything. Yes, I would do it! That power would set me up above the gods. And through the Daleks, I shall have that power!
Genesis Of The Daleks – Part 6
[the Doctor is holding the ends of two wires connected to the explosives he has set up in the Dalek incubator room]
Sarah: Well, what are you waiting for?
The Doctor: Just touch these two strands together and the Daleks are finished. Have I that right?
Sarah: To destroy the Daleks? You can't doubt it.
The Doctor: Well, I do. You see, some things could be better with the Daleks. Many future worlds will become allies just because of their fear of the Daleks.
Sarah: But it isn't like that.
The Doctor: But the final responsibility is mine, and mine alone. Listen, if someone who knew the future pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil, to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives, could you then kill that child?
Sarah: We're talking about the Daleks, the most evil creatures ever invented, you must destroy them! You must complete your mission for the Time Lords!
The Doctor: Do I have the right? Simply touch one wire against the other and that's it. The Daleks cease to exist. Hundreds of millions of people, thousands of generations can live without fear, in peace, and never even know the word Dalek.
Sarah: Then why wait? If it was a disease or some sort of bacteria you were destroying, you wouldn't hesitate.
The Doctor: But if I kill, wipe out a whole intelligent lifeform, then I become like them. I'd be no better than the Daleks.

Old 3rd May 2019, 10:36 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 28

Andrew Skilleter's artwork for the 1993 Virgin New Adventures novel - Iceberg - which featured the return of one of the Doctor's oldest foes.

Seen on the cover, buried in ice, is the Jade Pagoda. A TARDIS escape pod, first used by the Seventh Doctor to travel to Earth in 2006 while the TARDIS had broken up between 1909 Earth and 22,000 Antýkhon.

The novels during the series hiatus - 1989-2005 - delved a lot deeper into Doctor Who mythology than the tv episodes ever did.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg iceberg.jpg (96.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:22 PM
Cult Master

"Doctor Who: Planet of the Daleks at the BFI on Saturday 15th June with some updated visual effects and a 5.1 stereo surround mix followed by a conversation with the one and only Katy Manning. Tickets on sale 6th May next week to BFI members then the 13th of May to all."

Mojo, Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Old 3rd May 2019, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rererererererererewatching The Brain Of Morbius. A super spiffing tale of dismemberment and deceit . Philip Madoc returns to breath life into that old mad scientist bit and we are off!
Deliberately marooned on a desolate rock called Karn, our daring duo duel with another doctor and his determination to decapitate .... The Doctor ....
Wildly violent in places, this is my second favourite story. Frightened me as a child, still quite creepy in places now tbh.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Honestly, the ultimate creature that Morbius becomes is simultaneously terrifying and hilarious ....

"... I can see!" Poor Sarah Jane etc ...
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th May 2019, 05:41 AM
Cult Master

Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 1
(Hanging on to the Time Ring, the Doctor, Harry and Sarah turn and tumble back through space and time to the Ark in Space, where they left the Tardis at the second story of the season. They materialise in the transmat chambers.)
Sarah: Thank heavens for that! We've made it. Haven't we?
The Doctor: Of course we've made it. Did you think we wouldn't?
Sarah: Well, in these past few weeks, yes.
The Doctor: There's really nothing that can go wrong with a Time Ring, except a molecular short circuit.
Sarah: Doctor?
The Doctor: Yes?
Sarah: The Tardis isn't here.
The Doctor: Well, it probably hasn't arrived yet. We're a little early.
Harry: Hasn't arrived yet?
The Doctor: No. You see, the Tardis is drifting back through time, Harry. We just have to wait for it to turn up.
Harry: I say, Doctor, do you want this Ring thing?
The Doctor: What, that?
Harry: Yes.
Harry: Oh, well, I'd rather like to have it.
The Doctor: Well, you take good care of it, Harry.
Harry: Of course I will. Thank you. (But as Harry reaches for the Time Ring, it disappears. The Doctor is grinning.) You knew that was going to happen, didn't you.
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 2
The Doctor: Don't let it bite you!
(Sarah pushes the thing away onto the floor. The Doctor throws some of the gold dust at it, and it writhes like a slug sprinkled with salt. Sarah has been bitten. The veins on her neck are fluorescing. Harry runs in.)
Harry: That sounded like Sarah. What's happened?
The Doctor: That cybermat's happened, Harry. Quick, into the transmat beam, quickly as you can. It's the only way to get the poison out of her system.
Lester: She's got the plague.
The Doctor: No, sir. That's your so-called plague, Commander.
Stevenson: Is this thing still dangerous, Doctor?
The Doctor: Not any more, but there are bound to be others around.
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 3
The Doctor: What great rewards have you promised Kellman?
Cyberleader: The matter is of no interest to you.
The Doctor: Everything's of interest to me. And Cybermen possess nothing that a human might want.
Cyberleader: You are incorrect.
The Doctor: Then what is it? You've no home planet, no influence, nothing! You're just a pathetic bunch of tin soldiers skulking about the galaxy in an ancient spaceship!
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 4
[the Doctor, unconscious due to the rockslide, Harry tries to unbuckle The Doctor's harness which, if tampered with, would detonate the bomb The Doctor is wearing. The Doctor awakes and stops him]
The Doctor: Harry, were you trying to undo this?
Harry: Well, naturally.
The Doctor: Did you make the rocks fall, Harry?
Harry: Well, I suppose... I suppose I must have done, yes.
[the Doctor laughs quietly and takes a deep breath]
The Doctor: [yelling] Harry SULLIVAN IS AN IMBECILE!

Old 4th May 2019, 07:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 1
(Hanging on to the Time Ring, the Doctor, Harry and Sarah turn and tumble back through space and time to the Ark in Space, where they left the Tardis at the second story of the season. They materialise in the transmat chambers.)
Sarah: Thank heavens for that! We've made it. Haven't we?
The Doctor: Of course we've made it. Did you think we wouldn't?
Sarah: Well, in these past few weeks, yes.
The Doctor: There's really nothing that can go wrong with a Time Ring, except a molecular short circuit.
Sarah: Doctor?
The Doctor: Yes?
Sarah: The Tardis isn't here.
The Doctor: Well, it probably hasn't arrived yet. We're a little early.
Harry: Hasn't arrived yet?
The Doctor: No. You see, the Tardis is drifting back through time, Harry. We just have to wait for it to turn up.
Harry: I say, Doctor, do you want this Ring thing?
The Doctor: What, that?
Harry: Yes.
Harry: Oh, well, I'd rather like to have it.
The Doctor: Well, you take good care of it, Harry.
Harry: Of course I will. Thank you. (But as Harry reaches for the Time Ring, it disappears. The Doctor is grinning.) You knew that was going to happen, didn't you.
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 2
The Doctor: Don't let it bite you!
(Sarah pushes the thing away onto the floor. The Doctor throws some of the gold dust at it, and it writhes like a slug sprinkled with salt. Sarah has been bitten. The veins on her neck are fluorescing. Harry runs in.)
Harry: That sounded like Sarah. What's happened?
The Doctor: That cybermat's happened, Harry. Quick, into the transmat beam, quickly as you can. It's the only way to get the poison out of her system.
Lester: She's got the plague.
The Doctor: No, sir. That's your so-called plague, Commander.
Stevenson: Is this thing still dangerous, Doctor?
The Doctor: Not any more, but there are bound to be others around.
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 3
The Doctor: What great rewards have you promised Kellman?
Cyberleader: The matter is of no interest to you.
The Doctor: Everything's of interest to me. And Cybermen possess nothing that a human might want.
Cyberleader: You are incorrect.
The Doctor: Then what is it? You've no home planet, no influence, nothing! You're just a pathetic bunch of tin soldiers skulking about the galaxy in an ancient spaceship!
Revenge Of The Cybermen – Part 4
[the Doctor, unconscious due to the rockslide, Harry tries to unbuckle The Doctor's harness which, if tampered with, would detonate the bomb The Doctor is wearing. The Doctor awakes and stops him]
The Doctor: Harry, were you trying to undo this?
Harry: Well, naturally.
The Doctor: Did you make the rocks fall, Harry?
Harry: Well, I suppose... I suppose I must have done, yes.
[the Doctor laughs quietly and takes a deep breath]
The Doctor: [yelling] Harry SULLIVAN IS AN IMBECILE!

Rewatch!!!
Sterling posts as always S!!!
Susan Foreman likes this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!