Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28651Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2019, 11:15 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 62

Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald in the 2014 episode Robot of Sherwood

Attached Images
File Type: jpg series 8 (2) (Large).jpg (59.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 7th June 2019, 05:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Faceless Ones is a great choice for the next animated story.
I’m hoping they’re working their way through season 4 to one day release the first Troughton blu ray boxset.
Demoncrat and iank like this.
Old 7th June 2019, 06:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Chase

It's crazed this one.
Never mind the quantum leap into the subconscious, Daleks in a jungle, that bloody 'yank' or even the B*****s , this is another epoch as the first two companions leave the show. Thankfully unlost unlike so many zzzzzz ... WAKE UP. GET OVER IT.
Ahem.
Our ever favourite dustbins strike on an ingenious plan to unleash their inner Keystone Cops, er, catch The Doctor. Cough. Solid entertainment.
10 years on Blue Peter has obviously affected Purves, as he spends the comm pointing out faults.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th June 2019, 06:01 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Keeper Of Traken – Part 1
The Keeper: Yes, we have indeed been visited by evil many times. Our compassion for these poor distorted creatures seems to attract them like moths to a flame. Sometimes they are redeemed. (The screen shows a group of men tending a park.) The Fosters are the guardians of the spiritual welfare of our capital. (A glowing red statue lands on a low plinth near the men.) They name such creatures Melkur.
The Doctor: Melkur?
The Keeper: Melkur. Literally a fly caught by honey. The Fosters know there's nothing to fear from these visitations.
The Doctor: So what becomes of this Melkur?
The Keeper: It's baleful influence will not extend beyond the grove, and even here it will only produce a few weeds. Like others before it, the creature will calcify and pass harmlessly into the soil. But the demise of any living thing is painful to us.
(A woman in blue carries orange flowers up to the dull statue with bits of moss growing on it.)
Kassia [on screen]: And how are you today, you poor Melkur? The Fosters have appointed me to look after you. There isn't much I can do. It must be awful being rooted to the spot like a tree. If you weren't quite so evil, you might be able to move a bit, just around the grove. Being so evil, you can't even speak. Never mind. I'll come and visit you again soon. Oh. By the way, my name's Kassia.
The Doctor: Well, that particular evil seems to be well under control.
The Keeper: Seemed, Doctor. That was many years ago. Young Kassia is now grown up. Such was her purity of spirit that she became a consul, and the day of her marriage to Tremas has become, somehow, the turning point for Traken.
The Keeper Of Traken – Part 2
Kassia: I tried, Melkur, but I failed. The Doctor is now protected by sacred law.
Melkur: Your failure is irrelevant. The law which protects the strangers will presently destroy them.
Kassia: And Tremas? What of my husband? You promised to save him. He must not become Keeper.
Melkur: Your precious Keepers. They, too, are irrelevant. When this one dies, he will be the last of his kind here on Traken.
Kassia: But Tremas is named as successor.
Melkur: Named, perhaps, but what's in a name? Kassia is as good a name as Tremas.
Kassia: I do not understand.
Melkur: Understanding is not necessary to your task, Consul. Now listen carefully and obey without question.
The Keeper Of Traken – Part 3
The Doctor: Well?
Nyssa: No Fosters anywhere.
Adric: But they can't have given up the search.
Tremas: It's not like Kassia to give up so easily. I don't like it.
The Doctor: Neither do I. Still, what can't be cured must be endured.
Adric: That's the silliest thing you ever said.
The Doctor: Yes, yes, don't listen to me. I never do. Come on. Come on.
The Keeper Of Traken – Part 4
Nyssa: But why is it so much bigger inside than it is outside?
Adric: Oh, the Doctor told me that was because it was dimensionally transcendental.
Nyssa: What does that mean?
Adric: It means it was bigger inside than outside.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th June 2019, 09:00 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 63

A promotional photo of Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pd3.jpg (101.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 9th June 2019, 05:42 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Logopolis – Part 1
Adric: Doctor.
The Doctor: Chameleon circuit.
Adric: What? Doctor.
The Doctor: Look, whenever you see me in this part of the Tardis, pacing up and down like this, be a good chap and don't interrupt me, will you, unless it's terribly urgent. It's not terribly urgent, is it?
Adric: Well, no.
The Doctor: Good, so now you'll know in fact there's no need for you to come barging in here at all, but if it is terribly urgent you can always ring the Cloister Bell.
Adric: The Cloister Bell?
The Doctor: Yes.
Adric: What's that?
The Doctor: Well, it's a sort of communications device reserved for wild catastrophes and sudden calls to man the battle stations.
Adric: But the Tardis doesn't have battle stations.
The Doctor: No, no, no, nothing along those lines. I sometimes think I should be running a tighter ship.
Adric: A tighter ship?
The Doctor: Yes. The second law of thermodynamics is taking its toll on the old thing. Entropy increases.
Adric: Entropy increases?
The Doctor: Yes, daily. The more you put things together, the more they keep falling apart, and that's the essence of the second law of thermodynamics and I never heard a truer word spoken.
Logopolis – Part 2
The Doctor: Now just a minute, officer. You don't realise what's going on here.
Detective: No, sir, and I don't want to have to go into detail. You want to think yourself lucky that I don't have to be the judge.
The Doctor: Me lucky? You don't think that I? You do think.
Detective: I'm not paid to have opinions, sir. I'm paid to do my duty.
Logopolis – Part 3
The Doctor: We must pool our resources.
Nyssa: The creature that killed my father
The Doctor: I can't choose the company I keep!
The Master: An alliance with you, Doctor?
The Doctor: In the circumstances, yes.
The Master: If we do cooperate, there'll be no question of you ever returning to Gallifrey.
The Doctor: If we don't cooperate, there'll be no question of Gallifrey.
Logopolis – Part 4
(The Doctor leaves the control room. The Master notices and follows, only to trip over the scarf which has been tied across it. He drops his weapon. There is a struggle and it falls to the ground. Nyssa, Adric and Tegan watch in horror at events above them. The Master runs back into the control room and changes the coordinates of the antenna. The walkway begins to tilt as the antenna moves back from vertical to horizontal. The Master watches from the doorway as the Doctor tries to hang on. Meanwhile, guards climb the ladder to the control room. The Doctor crawls to the other end of the walkway and uses a wrench to try and stop the mechanism. He pulls out the cable, but falls, dangling from the end of it in mid-air. His enemies flash before his eyes.)
The Master: (rotting version) Predictable as ever, Doctor.
Dalek: Doctor.
Captain: (Pirate Planet) Doctor.
Cyberman: Doctor.
Davros: Doctor.
Sontaran: Doctor.
Zygon: Doctor.
Black Guardian: Doctor, you shall die for this!
(The Doctor makes it to a piece of antenna scaffolding, but cannot hold on. He falls to the ground.
The Master goes into his Tardis, laughing, and it dematerialises just before the guards enter the control room.)

(Adric, Nyssa and Tegan run to the Doctor, followed by guards. He is staring up at the sky.)
Nyssa: Doctor?
Tegan: Doctor?
Sarah: Doctor?
Harry: Doctor.
Brigadier: Doctor.
Leela: Doctor.
K9: Doctor.
Romana 1: Doctor.
Romana 2: Doctor.
Adric: Doctor. Doctor!
The Doctor: It's the end. But the moment has been prepared for.
(The Doctor points to a ghostly white figure, that walks forward.)
Adric: The Watcher.
(The Watcher merges with the Doctor.)
Nyssa: He was the Doctor all the time.

Old 9th June 2019, 06:03 AM
Cult Master

Something to look forward to

On July 6th, Radio 4 Extra is due to broadcast a new radio documentary about the career of Jon Pertwee

Presented by Sean Pertwee, "The Jon Pertwee Files" will celebrate his career, featuring rare archive material, never-before-broadcast interviews, vintage radio appearances and newly discovered audio from the very first Doctor Who convention in 1977
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 9th June 2019, 10:03 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 64

The Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) and Krynoid by dvd artist Lee Binding.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2fau21uo0wv1000.jpg (101.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 9th June 2019, 03:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Apparently there is to be an announcement regarding Doctor Who at 6PM tonight. If it was one or both of the following-

. Chibnall to leave Doctor Who
. They've found Marco Polo

I'll be very happy. I mean honestly much as I want Marco Polo back I'd still be happy if turns out they ditched Chibnall, maybe Series 12 (and Jodie) would have a decent chance?
Old 9th June 2019, 03:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Onto The Web Planet

Yes, some of it is frankly silly. But some of it isn't. I'm not quite sure what to say here, but there is something about this one ... Tenth Planet next as I'm onto Troughton in the book

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!