Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th July 2012, 06:48 AM
Cult Master

At time of writing, Amazon have a number of 'Doctor Who' related DVD's for £8 and less

Amazon.co.uk: Advanced Search - DVD / Doctor Who Store: Film & TV

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th July 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
There seems to be a bit of confusion about this now

Colin has said that he will not be appearing, and that he doesn't think a reunion story will happen
Colin Baker on 'Doctor Who' return: 'It's not going to happen' - Doctor Who News - TV - Digital Spy

Meanwhile, Paul has said that he knows nothing about a reunion story, and hasn't been invited
Paul McGann on 'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary: 'I know nothing' - Doctor Who News - TV - Digital Spy

More hype from the production team to build up interest, or a genuine fact? Only time will tell, I suppose!
You can't trust anyone to tell the truth about the forthcoming anniversary.

The BBC hype machine will go into overdrive after the Olympics.
Old 8th July 2012, 06:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default bbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
You can't trust anyone to tell the truth about the forthcoming anniversary.

The BBC hype machine will go into overdrive after the Olympics.
Im very surprised that the BBC have'nt tried to combine the two yet
Old 9th July 2012, 04:09 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

For some reason I've suddenly had an urge to start watching some Who again. I haven't actually watched it since I was a kid and I was in the Pertwee/Baker era but remember seeing some Troughton and Hartnell as well. I think there was a period where they had a special season of repeats.

Can't stand it now and haven't been able to for a long time. Too much of a comedy for me. I kind of gave up when Peter Davison arrived. It all seemed to get a bit too quaint and dull.

This will be a long dusty road. I can tell already... I'm starting off lightly with the films which I just ordered for the bargain price of £1.75 shipped off Amazon.
Old 9th July 2012, 05:38 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I think there was a period where they had a special season of repeats
It's possible you are thinking of 'The Five Faces of Doctor Who'

This was broadcast on BBC2, in November 1981. and featured a story featuring each Doctor (to date). Each story was shown over the space of a week.

The stories transmitted were: 'An Unearthly Child' (Hartnell), 'The Krotons' (Troughton - at the time, this was the only full 2nd Doctor story that the BBC held in the archives), 'Carnival of Monsters' (Pertwee), 'The Three Doctors' (Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee) and 'Logopolis' (Baker)

Old 9th July 2012, 11:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
For some reason I've suddenly had an urge to start watching some Who again. I haven't actually watched it since I was a kid and I was in the Pertwee/Baker era but remember seeing some Troughton and Hartnell as well. I think there was a period where they had a special season of repeats.

Can't stand it now and haven't been able to for a long time. Too much of a comedy for me. I kind of gave up when Peter Davison arrived. It all seemed to get a bit too quaint and dull.

This will be a long dusty road. I can tell already... I'm starting off lightly with the films which I just ordered for the bargain price of £1.75 shipped off Amazon.
Funnily enough rewatched the Caves of Adrozani, enjoyed it a lot. Showed mate The Edge of Destruction recently as well, he enjoyed it as much as when i showed him TDIOE. Currently rererewatching The Pirate Planet, camp as f*ck and Ms Tamm's bum, nuff said.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th July 2012, 11:53 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
It's possible you are thinking of 'The Five Faces of Doctor Who'

This was broadcast on BBC2, in November 1981. and featured a story featuring each Doctor (to date). Each story was shown over the space of a week.

The stories transmitted were: 'An Unearthly Child' (Hartnell), 'The Krotons' (Troughton - at the time, this was the only full 2nd Doctor story that the BBC held in the archives), 'Carnival of Monsters' (Pertwee), 'The Three Doctors' (Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee) and 'Logopolis' (Baker)
I'm pretty sure that was it. It was a special season where they screened one from each Doctor definitely. Always wanted more Troughton after that and my Dad thought he was the best.

I used to have loads of the Target paperbacks too as well as Dr Who weekly and the cardboard game pieces and boards from the special Weetabix boxes. Oh, and the War Of The Daleks board game. Forgot just how into Who I was when I was a kid...
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Go for it Blob!

It may be a long dusty road, but it will reward you on the way.
Old 10th July 2012, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
. Currently rererewatching The Pirate Planet, camp as f*ck and Ms Tamm's bum, nuff said.
If you like Mary Tamm's bum you should watch Tales That Witness Madness
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th July 2012, 01:48 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Currently rererewatching The Pirate Planet, camp as f*ck and Ms Tamm's bum, nuff said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
If you like Mary Tamm's bum you should watch Tales That Witness Madness
OI - She is an ice-cold Time Lady

Lets have a bit of respect here
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!