Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2013, 10:11 PM
Cult Master

The voicccccccccccccce wasssssssssssssss all wrong!

But it was good to seeeeeeeeeeeeeee the HADSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS being ussssssssssssssssssed again

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th April 2013, 06:59 PM
Cult Master

Following yesterdays televised episode ("Cold War"), details about the upcoming DVD of 'The Ice Warriors' have been released:

The Ice Warriors DVD contents and new animation images revealed | Articles | Doctor Who

Disc 1
  • 6x 25 mins approx monochrome episodes with mono audio.
  • Commentary - Episodes 1, 4, 5, 6 with actors Frazer Hines, Deborah Watling and Sonny Caldinez, designer Jeremy Davies and grams operator Pat Heigham, moderated by Toby Hadoke.
  • Commentary - Episode 2 commentary made up of original archive recordings or readings of text written by Brian Hayles, Derek Martinus, Martin Baugh, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Barkworth, Wendy Gifford and Sylvia James.
  • Commentary - Episode 3 commentary by Patrick Troughton’s son, Michael.
  • Programme subtitles.
  • Subtitle Production Notes.

Disc 2
  • Cold Fusion (dur. 24’ 31”) – Cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actors Frazer Hines, Deborah Watling and Sonny Caldinez, designer Jeremy Davies and James Bresslaw, son of the late actor Bernard Bresslaw.
  • Beneath the Ice (dur. 10’ 31” ) - A look behind the scenes of the animated Ice Warrior episodes. Producers Chris Chapman and Niel Bushnell, together with animation director Chris Chatterton from Qurios lift the lid on the process used to bring Varga and his Warriors back to life.
  • VHS Links (dur. 19’ 19” ) – the introduction to the story and linking material covering the two missing episodes, as used on the VHS release of the story in 1998. Includes the BBC Video “Adjust your tracking control” caption for a true sense of nostalgia!
  • Blue Peter Design-a-Monster (dur. 10’ 04”) – the competition launch and subsequent winners of the 1967 Design-a-Monster competition, which ran during the transmission of The Ice Warriors.
  • Doctor Who Stories – Frazer Hines part two (dur. 13’ 48”) - the second part of this interview with Frazer Hines shot in 2004 for The Story of Doctor Who looks at his later appearances in the series.
  • Photo Gallery (dur. 3’ 53”) - production, design and publicity photos from the story.
  • Coming Soon (dur. 1 min approx.) - a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
  • Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.
  • Programme subtitles.

Region 2 release date - August 26th

At time of writing (and subject to change), the current table of DVD release dates (region 2) looks like this:

May 6th - 'The Visitation' - Special Edition
May 27th - 'Inferno' - Special Edition
June 3rd - 'The Mind of Evil'
July 15th - 'Spearhead from Space' - Blu-Ray
August 5th - 'The Green Death' - Special Edition

September 16th - 'Scream of the Shalka' ["a 6-part animated serial which was produced for the 40th Anniversary of the show in 2003. The story featured Richard E. Grant as an alternative version of the ninth doctor. When the show returned in 2005, this story was no longer considered part of the BBC's canon. It was aired exclusivley on BBCi's website and later through the BBC's red button service"]

June 24th OR September 30th - 'Terror of the Zygons' [It seems that September 30th is the more likely date. Apparently, "It will feature a 'director's cut' version of episode one with a previously unseen and newly restored 1 min 40 s opening scene featuring The Doctor, Sarah and Harry arriving in Scotland which has been colourised by Stuart Humphryes"]

Late 2013 - 'The Tenth Planet' [the missing 4th episode is due to be animated by Big Finish and Theta Sigma]

In addition to those, it seems that the mysterious 'Regenerations' box set, due for release on June 10th will consist of 'The Tenth Planet,' 'The War Games', 'Planet of the Spiders', 'Logopolis', 'The Caves of Androzani', 'Time and the Rani', 'The TV Movie', 'Bad Wolf'/'Parting Ways' and 'The End of Time'. Apparently these will be vanilla releases (presumably explaining why 'The Tenth Planet' is being released here, but the 'official' version is not available until later in the year)
Mojo, Hawkmonger and Gothmogxx like this.

Old 14th April 2013, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict

I'll pass on that Regenerations box set, but everything else is a must have at the mo'.

DVD and BD collection
Old 14th April 2013, 07:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yep - some fantastic titles coming up this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
The voicccccccccccccce wasssssssssssssss all wrong!

But it was good to seeeeeeeeeeeeeee the HADSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS being ussssssssssssssssssed again
It was a little different to the original Ice Warriors, but maybe they're keeping the 'whispery' voice for another upcoming classic monster...
Old 15th April 2013, 03:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Loved the latest episode.

Just pre-ordered Inferno:SE and Terror of the Zygons:SE.

Noticed on both theres a continuing feature called the U.N.I.T. family. Theres apparently 3 parts which dvd has the other part?
Old 15th April 2013, 08:03 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criterion7 View Post

Noticed on both theres a continuing feature called the U.N.I.T. family. Theres apparently 3 parts which dvd has the other part?
The original release of 'Inferno' contained "The UNIT Family" (35'36") [presumably this will be carried over to the special edition release]

'Day of the Daleks' has "The UNIT Family, Part 2" (31'23")
Criterion7 likes this.

Old 15th April 2013, 01:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Twas awful. Why would russians understand the term "Leg it!!" even in russian??

Dire.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th April 2013, 01:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Twas awful. Why would russians understand the term "Leg it!!" even in russian??

Dire.
Your the first person I've heard put a word against it, Dem. Are you getting to cynical in your old age?

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th April 2013, 02:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
The original release of 'Inferno' contained "The UNIT Family" (35'36") [presumably this will be carried over to the special edition release]

'Day of the Daleks' has "The UNIT Family, Part 2" (31'23")
Yeah I checked all the old features are carried over with some new ones added.
Thankfully I already own the Day of The Daleks. So I will have the complete set of U.N.I.T. Family features. Thanks you are a wealth of info as usual.
Susan Foreman and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 16th April 2013, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criterion7 View Post

Inferno is an absolute classic.
Demoncrat and Criterion7 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!