Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28626Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2015, 04:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I was just reading on another forum about the worst episodes of the rebooted series. They decided it was between Love and Monsters and In the Forest of the Night. With Love and Monsters coming out as the clear winner...or loser.

My least favourite is The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe.

A few witty early lines from Smith aside it was just really dull with no proper threat to anyone.

What do our members think is the worst episode of Doctor Who in the 2000's?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doctor-Who-final.jpg (97.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 17th January 2015, 05:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Worst episode(s) you say. Let me seeee. For me it would have to be the abomination that is known as The End of Time Parts 1 and 2. A truly disgraceful mess. Never have I seen such a car crash of a story. But then, just take your pick. Planet of the Dead, great title, poorly executed Dr Who story, and the absolute muck of Voyage of the Damned. A Dr Who pantomime story of outrageous proportions. Widow Twankey replaced by the little red alien Bannakaffalatta. I shall never forgive Russell T. Davies for such total and utter drivel. May the Daleks exterminate his Welsh butt for putting me through 71 mins of torture. But then he delivered The Waters of Mars and the rather delightful Midnight. Too many misses, very few hits.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've just started watching Series 1 of the 2005 Who (10 years too late) but I have read various stuff about Moffat and RTD.

What's the difference? and why so much hate for Moffat?
Old 21st January 2015, 11:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I've just started watching Series 1 of the 2005 Who (10 years too late) but I have read various stuff about Moffat and RTD.

What's the difference? and why so much hate for Moffat?
Keep watching cough.....

For my own part, and this won't be a surprise to anyone here, I think that whilst they tried to "update" Who for a new generation, pandering to older fans was either a nonstarter or something to be embraced. Not the shilly shallying that we got. From Dalek onwards, I thought that this wasn't The Doctor, or that something had severely "gone wrong" in the interim. And now we know why cough. Ahem.

apart from Blink, Midnight and maaaaybe the Vampires one. the rest are ********..... insert yr own expletive.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st January 2015, 12:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Keep watching cough.....

For my own part, and this won't be a surprise to anyone here, I think that whilst they tried to "update" Who for a new generation, pandering to older fans was either a nonstarter or something to be embraced. Not the shilly shallying that we got. From Dalek onwards, I thought that this wasn't The Doctor, or that something had severely "gone wrong" in the interim. And now we know why cough. Ahem.

apart from Blink, Midnight and maaaaybe the Vampires one. the rest are ********..... insert yr own expletive.
Is that it?

Just two stories from nine years of the show?

I'm surprised you bother with it D. I don't tend to watch things i don't like. Especially not for nine years.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 21st January 2015, 04:35 PM
Cult Master

Another series 9 director announced - Hettie Macdonald, who helmed the Steven Moffat episode Blink (2007)

Blogtor Who: New director announced for S9

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd January 2015, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Think I will watch some classic Whois the form of Tom Baker's first season.
Old 24th January 2015, 05:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished robot, ark in space and the sontaran experiment now time for genesis of the daleks
Old 24th January 2015, 06:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I bought The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Castrovala the other day, can't wait to see them
Old 24th January 2015, 06:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
I bought The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis and Castrovala the other day, can't wait to see them
It's a good set that. Traken is my favourite by a long way but the other two follow on and make it a decent trilogy - reintroducing the Master and saying goodbye to Tom and hello to Peter, Janet and Sarah.
Gothmogxx likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!