Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2017, 12:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I quite liked Amy but some of the storylines let her down. Whats with that horrendous kiss at the end of Flesh and Stone? It made me cringe.

Plus there's the whole Amy's baby stuff which felt like a really bad series of Dallas. Amy's baby is River who was the Doctor's wife. A right load of tosh.
Old 4th July 2017, 01:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Great post Roughale.

I wonder what Chris Chibnall has in mind for the next series. H ecan clearly write for two leads as Broadchurch proved with David Tennant and Olivia Colman, so i'm expecting big things.
Thanks, I have no idea where that came from I think it was just a good mix of my love for the series, some hidden criticism with recent development, my love of the English language and a little time on my hands, it just flowed into my fingers and it was a bit like reading it myself ;-) I know such things when I get a visit from my muse and we write song lyrics together, has not happened in a while, but I know writing can be fun, won me a Day of the Dead BD here a while ago, ask Kyle for details LOL

OK, sorry about the personal bla bla, although it might happen again, I do that in an environment I feel comfy in and this blue box here is very comfy
Old 4th July 2017, 02:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
Thanks, I have no idea where that came from I think it was just a good mix of my love for the series, some hidden criticism with recent development, my love of the English language and a little time on my hands, it just flowed into my fingers and it was a bit like reading it myself ;-) I know such things when I get a visit from my muse and we write song lyrics together, has not happened in a while, but I know writing can be fun, won me a Day of the Dead BD here a while ago, ask Kyle for details LOL

OK, sorry about the personal bla bla, although it might happen again, I do that in an environment I feel comfy in and this blue box here is very comfy
Great to know. Keep it up, Roughale.

Feel free to write anything about Doctor Who, old or new. Anything to keep the chat and discussion going.
Old 4th July 2017, 09:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Amy is by far my favourite New Who companion, though I agree that stupid shit in series 6 was toxic bollocks. I blame Moffat for that though!

I'm just hoping that Chibnall lives up to his "bold and radical" promise for his era. The New Who format is looking a bit old hat now after 12 years.
Old 5th July 2017, 01:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What's this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daemons-Dev...ZZR8K5HPCRNBNW

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th July 2017, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
A low budget movie, and a doc when the cast of the Daemons were taken back to the Devils End locations. The doc is supposedly very good. No idea about the film.
Old 5th July 2017, 03:32 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
There was a discussion about it back in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
just noticed this on amazon,anyone know anything about it is the old lady on the front the witch from Daemons?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daemons-Dev...7ZS4VDRFG5KZS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I believe so, Damaris Hayman, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently it's a Reeltime production

Three disc, limited edition release including 'The White Witch Of Devil's End' which was previously announced as a stand-alone release, but subsequently cancelled:

"Damaris Hayman reprises her role as Miss Hawthorne from "The Daemons".

With a blend of dramatic monologue enhanced by visualisations and sound design to develop and tell the stories, this drama is an anthology of tales following the magical life of Olive, from childhood to her final days as protector of Devil's End. Drawing on a rich heritage and appreciation of witchcraft and folklore, the stories bring her history to life, pitting her against vampire, succubus, fae, daemonic influence and more. As guardian of Devil's End, she must do whatever is necessary to protect the village...but what happens when she reaches the end of her life? Who will protect the villagers then?

The writers of this anthology are Sam Stone, Jan Edwards, David J Howe, Raven Dane, Debbie Bennett and Suzanne J Barbi
"

'Return To Devil's End' was a direct-to-video reunion documentary originally released in 1993 featuring Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney, Richard Franklin, John Levene and Christopher Barry returning to the village of Aldbourne, and reminiscing about the filming of 'The Dæmons'.

A third disc of 'extra features'. Release date is November 17th, 2017, so it is too early to comment on what these extra features are likely to be

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th July 2017, 03:58 PM
Cult Master

Nothing official yet, but this (and many other similar stories [containing the same name]) is cropping up a lot on DW feeds I am getting on FB

Is Phoebe Waller-Bridge really the new face of Doctor Who? | The Guardian

BBC Newsnight Hints at 13th Doctor, Denial Follows | Doctor Who TV

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th July 2017, 06:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 173

Silence in the Library (2008)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg doctor-who-silence-skeleton.jpg (52.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 5th July 2017, 08:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Silence in the Library (2008)

Inspired by Vipco.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg death-of-a-nun-13578l.jpg (49.6 KB, 1 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!