Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2017, 09:38 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I notice you've seen this film, Nos.
I saw Venus at the cinema when it was first released (the same week as Blood Diamond and Notes on a Scandal), but don't think I've seen it since. I'd never heard of Jodie Whittaker, but Peter O'Toole was such a legend that I would have gone to see any film in which he was starring. This is what I noted at the time:

"I enjoyed the scenes between Peter O' Toole's old lech and Jodie Whittaker's Jessie, but the finest moments in the film were the expletive-laden exchanges between O'Toole, Lesley Philips and Richard Griffiths. O'Toole's performance deserves the Oscar nomination but my money is on Forest Whittaker. 4/5"
Old 18th July 2017, 11:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Pic of the Day # 185

Extremis (2017)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg missy-captured.jpg (17.2 KB, 1 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 18th July 2017, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm really looking forward to the changes in the upcoming series, I thought Capaldi was amazing but had been struggling to maintain interest once this turned into the Clare Oswald show although I really enjoyed series 10.

I've never disliked any actor cast as The Doctor to date so I'm trusting that will continue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jodiehelloweb.jpg (30.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 18th July 2017, 02:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The more I think about it and the more I take this as fact, the weaker become my doubts, so by Christmas I may be ready to give it a fair try ;-)

But I really like Demdike's "day dream"! That would be something really special.
Old 18th July 2017, 03:29 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
This might sound ridiculous but...

I did hear a while back that the Christmas special may well have a future Doctor in it...

...BUT... not necessarily the one Capaldi regenerates into.

Quite a few whispers said the Christmas special was going to be another Christmas Carol type episode showing a past Doctor and a future Doctor to Capaldi who doesn't want to regenerate as he feels he doesn't have a purpose anymore after losing Bill.

Now what if David Bradley is the equivalent of Marley's ghost and we see another ex-Doctor in action (Sean playing Jon for example) and Jodie Whitaker being a far future Doctor... not the next Doctor.

A wild theory i admit but surely the reveal of David Bradley isn't the only trick Moffat has up his sleeve for his and Capaldi's swansong.
The amount of controversy caused by the new Doctor, if they did pull this trick, it would certainly be the death of the programme
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th July 2017, 05:57 PM
Cult Master

Times Doctor Who Was Ruined FOREVER | Who Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
  • 23/11/1963 – Doctor Who begins. Doctor Who dies.
  • 21/12/1963 – Silly robot monsters introduced into informative historical series. Doctor Who dies.
  • 26/12/1964 – Susan, the very person who introduced us to the Doctor, leaves. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/05/1965 – The terrifying Daleks are depicted as bumbling idiots. Doctor Who dies.
  • 26/06/1965 – Ian and Barbara, the very people who introduced us to the Doctor, leave. Doctor Who dies.
  • 09/10/1965 – The fans are insulted by an episode without the Doctor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/06/1966 – A villain refers to the Doctor as Doctor Who. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/10/1966 – William Hartnell leaves. Doctor Who dies.
  • 01/07/1967 – The final destruction of the Daleks. Doctor Who dies.
  • 24/04/1968 – The series runs out of ideas and uses two monsters twice in the same series. Doctor Who dies.
  • 21/06/1969 – The mystery of the Doctor’s people is ruined. Doctor Who dies.
  • 03/01/1970 – The whole point of the show is jettisoned as the Doctor begins his exile on Earth. Doctor Who dies.
  • 24/06/1972 – The first major retcon is made, as the fate of Atlantis changes just one year after it was established. Doctor Who dies.
  • 30/12/1972 – The first two Doctors are sent to help out their third self in a crisis which threatens Gallifrey itself. While it's nice to see them again, it tears open the massive plothole of why the Time Lords didn't abduct and sentence the Doctor to exile far sooner than they did if they knew where he was as early as his first incarnation. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/06/1973 – Jo leaves, breaking the irreplaceable magic between companion and Doctor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 28/12/1974 – The new Doctor is a goggle-eyed nutjob. Doctor Who dies.
  • 12/04/1975 – Dalek history is retconned for the first time. Unfortunately it won't be the last. Doctor Who dies.
  • 19/04/1975 – The Cybermen go all rubbish. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/04/1975 – Billy Hartnell, the first actor to play the Doctor, dies. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/10/1976 – Sarah-Jane leaves, breaking the irreplaceable magic between companion and Doctor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 30/10/1976 – The Time Lords are depicted as doddery old men. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/10/1977 – A gimmicky robot dog joins the TARDIS crew. Doctor Who dies.
  • 11/03/1978 – Leela leaves, breaking the irreplaceable magic between companion and Doctor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 15/11/1980 – A whiny boy joins the TARDIS crew. Doctor Who dies.
  • 24/01/1981 – Romana and K-9 leave, breaking the irreplaceable magic between companions and Doctor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 21/03/1981 – The best Doctor ever is replaced by a vet. Doctor Who dies.
  • 04/01/1982 – The Saturday tea-time slot is abandoned. Doctor Who dies.
  • 02/03/1982 – The producers forget to put aliens in a story. Doctor Who dies.
  • 16/03/1982 – The Doctor fails to save a much-loved companion. Doctor Who dies.
  • 01/02/1983 – UNIT continuity gets ****ed. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/02/1983 – The creation of the universe is revealed to have occurred from a spaceship discharging its fuel. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/11/1983 – The First Doctor is re-cast and Tom Baker doesn’t turn up. Oh, and the Second Doctor's timeline gets even more ****ed up as he refers to Jamie and Zoe's mindwipe despite having supposedly being killed almost immediately after this occurred. Doctor Who dies.
  • 12/01/1984 – Episode 3 of the universally panned Warriors of the Deep airs, depicting scenes of someone attempting to kung fu fight a laughable-looking monster costume, which was hurriedly glued together because Margaret Thatcher had called a general election and cost the production team a lot of valuable time and resources. Peter Davison and Janet Fielding announce that they are leaving during filming of this serial. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/02/1984 – A new companion is brought in just to fill a bikini. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/03/1984 – The new Doctor is a psychopath in a clown outfit. Doctor Who dies.
  • 05/01/1985 – The classic twenty-five minute format is abandoned. Doctor Who dies.
  • 16/02/1985 – The show digs itself even deeper into the plot hole regarding the timing of the Doctor's exile, by showing the Second Doctor and Jamie on a mission FROM the Time Lords. This leads to hardcore fans having to formulate made up fan theories to explain this plot hole away. Doctor Who dies.
  • 01/11/1986 – Bonnie. Langford. Doctor Who dies.
  • 28/03/1987 – Pat Troughton, the second actor to play the Doctor, dies. Doctor Who dies.
  • 07/09/1987 – The new Doctor is a buffoon in an ugly pullover. Doctor Who dies.
  • 05/10/1988 – We get to see Totter's Yard again, except the inbreds spell "I.M. FOREMAN" incorrectly. Doctor Who dies.
  • 02/11/1988 – The Doctor fights Bertie Bassett. Doctor Who dies.
  • 06/12/1989 – The show ends its twenty-six year run. Doctor Who dies.
  • 26/11/1993 – Doctor Who's rotting carcass is briefly revived, plugged into the life-support machine known as EastEnders. Doctor Who dies.
  • 20/05/1996 – SPLINK overlord Jon Pertwee, the third actor to play the Doctor, dies. Doctor Who dies.
  • 27/05/1996 – The Doctor kisses his companion. Americans are involved. Doctor Who dies.
  • 30/10/1997 – Who's creator Sydney Newman dies, therefore taking Doctor Who with him (it dies).
  • 23/11/2003 – Doctor Who's 40th Anniversary is a colossal disappointment, with the only noteworthy celebratory productions being a below average animation that was de-canonized midway through production, and an overly pretentious 4 hour long audio drama that almost destroyed the credibility of the company which made it. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/05/2004 – A former teen singer is revealed as the companion. Doctor Who dies.
  • 31/03/2005 – The Doctor quits after one episode has been broadcast. Doctor Who dies.
  • 16/04/2005 – Fart humour. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/12/2005 – The new Doctor spends all his time in bed. Doctor Who dies.
  • 17/06/2006 – A Doctor-light episode is an exploration of the notions of fandom and the human experience. Doctor Who dies.
  • 08/07/2006 – An actress with her own sketch show is revealed as the companion for the Christmas special. Doctor Who dies.
  • 16/06/2007 – The Master is turned into a raving loony. Doctor Who dies.
  • 02/07/2007 – A former teen singer is revealed as the companion for the Christmas special. Doctor Who dies.
  • 03/07/2007 – The actress with her own sketch show is revealed as the companion for Series Four. Doctor Who dies.
  • 03/09/2007 – A Christmas special, four specials for 2009 and a whole series for 2010 are confirmed. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/11/2007 – The original producer of the program, Verity Lambert, dies. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/12/2007 – For the first time ever, the show is the most watched of the week. It is also the second-highest rated program of the year and the Audience Appreciation index is 86. Doctor Who dies.
  • 29/10/2008 – The best Doctor ever announces he is leaving. Doctor Who dies.
  • 04/01/2009 – The new Doctor is revealed to be a young male actor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 29/05/2009 – The new companion is revealed to be a young female actor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 06/10/2009 – The logo people originally criticized for having too much lens flare is replaced by one that people criticize for having too much lens flare. Doctor Who dies.
  • 17/04/2010 – The Daleks change colour and become a bit bigger. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/02/2011 – Nicholas Courtney, who played beloved character the Brig, dies. Doctor Who dies.
  • 19/04/2011 - Elisabeth Sladen, who played beloved character Sarah Jane, dies. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/04/2011 – The Doctor dies. ****, you thought 2016 was bad? Doctor Who dies.
  • 04/06/2011 – The season is split so that the latter half is shown in the Autumn, just like the fans had always demanded. Doctor Who dies.
  • 21/03/2012 – The new companion is revealed to be a young female actor who has been in a soap opera. Doctor Who dies.
  • 01/06/2013 – The best Doctor ever announces he is leaving. Doctor Who dies.
  • 04/08/2013 – The new Doctor is announced in a live show in primetime in the UK, simultaneously broadcast in America, Canada and Australia. He is younger than William Hartnell. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/11/2013 – Christopher Eccleston doesn't turn up and his era becomes victim of the eraser via a shitty cop out retcon of the Time War. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/12/2013 – Matt Smith is naked and Capaldiddle doesn't know how to fly the TARDIS, triggering NuWho scrubs everywhere. Doctor Who dies.
  • 04/10/2014 – The Moon is an egg. Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/10/2014 – The show has the perfect opportunity to do a Krynoid story but doesn't. Doctor Who dies.
  • 01/11/2014 – The Master's cock collapses in on itself. Doctor Who dies.
  • 09/26/2015 – Skaro is destroyed by undying mutant sludge healed with regeneration energy. Doctor Who dies.
  • 10/03/2015 – ****ing ghosts? Doctor Who dies.
  • 10/08/2015 – The Doctor Who General Wiki begins recording dates on this page in MM/DD/YYYY format. Doctor Who dies.
  • 14/11/2015 – A deeply unpopular Who writer's "found footage" episode is complete shit. Doctor Who dies.
  • 05/12/2015 – A companion is saved from dying, becomes functionally immortal, and gets her own TARDIS with which she has lesbian adventures with someone from Game Of Thrones (not you). Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/01/2016 – An official statement from the BBC reveals that the current disliked showruiner is quitting to be replaced by a man that wrote a script about Oods and loos in 2018 whilst confirming no new series will air for 2016. Doctor Who dies.
  • 23/04/2016 – None of /who/'s preferred predictions are cast as the new companion, instead, a black lady that's not Martha is cast as "Bill". Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/12/2016 – A goddamn superhero? Doctor Who dies.
  • 25/12/2016 – The Series 10 coming soon trailer is aired and reveals Bill is working in catering, contributing to obesity crisis ravaging United Kingdom. And emoji robots are real. Doctor Who dies again.
  • 27/01/2017 – Beloved War Doctor actor John Hurt dies, putting all War Doctor audios on hold forever. Doctor Who dies.
  • 30/01/2017 – The best Doctor ever announces he is leaving. Doctor Who dies.
  • 06/03/2017 – A picture is revealed on the show's social media depicting shit(tier) versions of the Cybermen from The Tenth Planet surrounding Capaldi on the set of the Series 10 finale, with the image caption referring to them as "Mondasian Cybermen". Doctor Who dies.
  • 17/03/2017 – Series 10 is announced to feature a three-parter, which is one-parter longer than normal two-parter, breaking a perfectly good formula. Doctor Who dies.
  • 03/04/2017 – The new Series 10 trailer reveals Missy dabbing. Doctor Who dies.
  • 15/04/2017 – The Doctor and the new homosexual companion spend the whole episode running away from water. Doctor Who dies.
  • 22/04/2017 – Sentient emoji robots become a canon life form in the universe. Doctor Who dies.
  • 06/05/2017 – The Doctor is revealed to be a fan of literal who normie music. Doctor Who dies.
  • 13/05/2017 – They ****in' blinded The Doctor. Doctor Who dies.
  • 20/05/2017 – The vault reveal is predictable as ****. Doctor Who dies.
  • 17/06/2017 – The next time trailer for World Enough and Time confirms that the Tenth Planet Cyber variants are referred to as "Mondasian Cybermen" in-universe. Doctor Who dies.
  • 24/06/2017 - The Master reveal in World Enough and Time is ruined due to him being teased in the trailer before and it being announced before the Series 10 premiere. Doctor Who dies.
  • 01/07/2017 - A puddle breaks into the TARDIS. Doctor Who dies.
  • 16/07/2017 - The new Doctor is revealed to be played by a woman. Doctor Who dies.
trebor8273 and will graham like this.

Old 18th July 2017, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This is an extremely well written piece on the new Doctor by Colin Baker.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...r-inspire-fans
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th July 2017, 06:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

20/07/2017 Ed Sheeran introduced as the Doctors new companion- Doctor definitely dead!
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 19th July 2017, 09:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
This is an extremely well written piece on the new Doctor by Colin Baker.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...r-inspire-fans
Yeah, that was a really good read, thanks for that and it helps me further to overcome my senseless fear of change ;-)
Old 19th July 2017, 10:48 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Has this been mentioned anywhere, or were we keeping quiet about it?

K9 to Battle Omega in Movie “Timequake” | Doctor Who TV
Quote:
I think it was mentioned when it first became news but not since. Have you heard anything else about it, Susan? Release dates or such like?

Quote:
There is very little information about this anywhere, and what there is seems to be contradictory

There is no reference to it on either IMDB or Wikipedia (other than a brief passing mention)

I have seen a release date of October 1st, 2017, but that is a Sunday, which seems a strange day to release a film

This teaser trailer is on YouTube, but although the opening scrawl seems correct, it suggests it's an anthology film, coming in 2012 and John Leeson is not mentioned in the credits!

Other than that, I just find the following message:

"Sorry, we can't find the movie trailer you're looking for.
Either a trailer for this movie has not been released yet, or it was removed following a request from the copyright holder."

Knowing Doctor Who fandom, I am very surprised that there is nothing concrete about this film out there so, if I am being honest, I will be amazed if it actually existed further than a conversation down the pub one Friday night in 2014
Quote:
Doctor Who News: New K-9 Design to be used in new movie TimeQuake revealed

So, if this is the new design

smaller ears and a collar, but basically the same as the one used in the Australian TV show

From the 'Official K9' FB Page:

"K9 TIMEQUAKE CASTING NEWS - JOHN LEESON IS BACK!

We are delighted to announce our first piece of casting for the forthcoming film, K9: TimeQuake.

We can confirm that the much loved metallic hound will once again be voiced by JOHN LEESON.

John was responsible for voicing K9 between 1977-78, 1980-83, 2006-2011 and also starred in the 2010 Australian tv series.

We look forward to reuniting K9 with his voice as they star in this exciting SCI-FI/Fantasy epic adventure story!"

Like this? Share it using the links below!