Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28509Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2019, 04:54 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Day Of The Daleks – Episode 1
[Jo brings the hungry Sergeant Benton some food]
Benton: Ah, you've saved my life.
Yates: [offscreen] Sergeant Benton!
Benton: [jumping to attention] Sir!
[to himself] Oh, no.
Yates: [entering] Just what do you think you're up to, Benton?
Benton: Uh, I was just checking, sir.
Yates: Yes, well I want you to go and check on number 3 patrol. Move, Sergeant Benton.
Benton: Sir. [he leaves]
Yates: Jo, how thoughtful.
[he helps himself to the cheese and wine that Benton didn't even get to touch]
Jo: That wasn't very kind of you.
Yates: RHIP, Jo.
Jo: Pardon?
Yates: Rank Has Its Privileges.
Day Of The Daleks – Episode 2
Controller: I have to report that we have lost the trace. It was operating only a few moments.
Dalek: We are not interested in excuses. Find them! Find them! Find them!
Day Of The Daleks – Episode 3
Dalek: Report!
Controller: The security guards have combed the tunnels. They've found nothing.
Dalek: You have failed the Daleks! You will be punished!
Controller: The fault is not mine! Your security guards let them get away. Those creatures are useless!
Dalek 2: They are loyal to the Daleks.
Controller: As loyal as they are stupid. They will never be a match for human guerillas.
Dalek 2: No one can succeed who opposes the Daleks.
Controller: For every guerilla cell that you destroy, another one springs up. They have stolen your time machines and copied them. They steal your weapons, your explosives.
Dalek: These criminals will be exterminated. The Daleks will destroy them.
Controller: If only you would let me recruit more human security guards, I...
Dalek: Humans are treacherous and unreliable!
Controller: Not all humans. I have served you faithfully.
Dalek: Do not dispute with the Daleks! Obey without question!
Controller: Very well. There was one curious thing. The girl referred to a companion in her own time zone. She called him the Doctor.
Dalek 2: Doctor? Did you say Doctor?
Controller: He appears to have got through to our time. He was seen by the guards.
Dalek: The Doctor is an enemy of the Daleks! He must be found at once and exterminated!
Day Of The Daleks – Episode 4
Dalek: The Daleks have discovered the secret of time travel. We have invaded Earth again. We have changed the pattern of history.
The Doctor: You won't succeed, you know.
Dalek: The Dalek empire will spread through all planets and all times. No one can withstand the power of the Daleks!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th April 2019, 08:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Big Finish tweeted about the possibility of animating audio stories*in early April, asking people what they'd most like to see animated (without promising anything, of course).*
Intriguing if they're actually thinking about it.
Old 15th April 2019, 09:14 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 10

A publicity still of the second Doctor, Patrick Troughton, for the 1967 story The Faceless Ones.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6309c64616edd6b5566d6708830d458262f4b8fb.jpg (95.0 KB, 31 views)
Old 15th April 2019, 09:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw The Macra Terror last night. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The animation has vastly improved from the borderline unwatchable Power, and I have to say I COMPLETELY agree with the move to make the animations "Reimaginings" if that means widescreen, full colour and a lot of artistic licence with the visuals. Why the hell not? It looks fab, and while the story is little more than average - if perfectly fun and entertaining - the visuals help enormously to make it appealing to actually watch. I very much hope they continue to do missing stories in this style, and if Big Finish are considering their own, I'm down with that too. Great fun.
Old 15th April 2019, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Saw The Macra Terror last night. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The animation has vastly improved from the borderline unwatchable Power, and I have to say I COMPLETELY agree with the move to make the animations "Reimaginings" if that means widescreen, full colour and a lot of artistic licence with the visuals. Why the hell not? It looks fab, and while the story is little more than average - if perfectly fun and entertaining - the visuals help enormously to make it appealing to actually watch. I very much hope they continue to do missing stories in this style, and if Big Finish are considering their own, I'm down with that too. Great fun.
Be fantastic if big finish did start this! Would be no reason to watch the PC friendly and monster free Who that the BBC have spawned.
iank likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th April 2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 15th April 2019, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Gotta' say if Big Finish do begin with animations i'll subscribe. One a month or every couple of months would be fantastic.

Unlike the BBC they'd have a dedicated animation department that would constantly be working on them.
trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 16th April 2019, 04:31 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Curse Of Peladon – Episode 1
Jo: Where are we?
The Doctor: Somewhere inside the castle, I should think. Let's take a look around.
(There are footsteps so they duck back behind the tapestry as a familiar scaly-armoured green figure hisses its way past. They follow it to a corner.)
Jo: What was that?
The Doctor: That, Jo, was an Ice Warrior. A native of the planet Mars.
Jo: You've seen them before?
The Doctor: Yes, indeed I have, and believe me, they're not very pleasant company.
Jo: Oh, come on, let's get back to the tunnel quickly.
The Curse Of Peladon – Episode 2
Hepesh: Your Majesty, the charge against the chairman delegate from Earth is one of extreme sacrilege. I, Hepesh, High Priest of Peladon, and Grun, the King's champion, accuse you, an alien intruder, of desecrating the holy of holies, the inner sanctum of the temple of Aggedor. Your Majesty.
Peladon: I have no alternative, Doctor. To this charge, the laws of Peladon allow of no defence and only one punishment. Death.
The Curse Of Peladon – Episode 3
The Doctor: Klokleda partha mennin kletch. Haroon, haroon, haroon. Klokleda sheena tirra nach. Haroon, haroon, haroon.
(The creature goes quiet.) Haroon, haroon, haroon. Haroon, haroon, haroon. Haroon, haroon, haroon. Haroon, haroon, haroon. Well, I must say, you seem quite partial to old Venusian lullabies, don't you, Aggedor, old chap, hmm? Right, let's see how friendly you really are. All right, take it easy.
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th April 2019, 08:22 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 11

Lee Bindings artwork for the dvd release of the 1979 story Nightmare of Eden

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 627864 (Large).jpg (65.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 16th April 2019, 09:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Season 10 on Blu ray in June, apparently.

Mojo, trebor8273, Graeme73 and 1 others like this.
Old 16th April 2019, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Season 10 on Blu ray in June, apparently.

Was just going to post this. Not holding my breath for June after the delays the last two had.

This appears to be the extras(along with the ones from the dvds)

A brand new feature-length documentary examining the third Doctor's era.
Updated special effects and surround sound mix for 'Planet of the Daleks'.
Five new instalments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with a 21st century Doctor Who panel featuring Phil Collinson (producer/executive producer), Pete McTighe (writer) and Joy Wilkinson (writer).
Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
Keeping up with the Jones', which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from 'The Green Death'.
Plus, an omnibus version of 'The Green Death' unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
The set will also include two episodes of Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures, which saw Manning's now-married Jo Jones meet the eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).

From Amazon it seems release is 8th July

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QL1MF...-21&ascsubtag=[artid|1920.a.27162126[src|[ch|
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!