Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2019, 01:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 113

Peri (Nicola Bryant), Jamie (Frazer Hines) and Anita (Carmen Gómez) discover the body of Oscar (James Saxon) following his fatal stabbing by Shockeye in a controversial scene from the 1985 story The Two Doctors.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p014jtqz.jpg (87.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 28th July 2019, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. One of many ....

The last time I perused TTD, all I could see were her boobs
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th July 2019, 05:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Indeed. One of many ....

The last time I perused TTD, all I could see were her boobs
That's all i watch it for.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th July 2019, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ah, the fun we have ...

As twas rather hot again today, I did sympathise with those poor Sontarans
Ahem.

Warriors Gate

Woooh mama. The last part of the ESpace trilogy is fairly crazed tbh. Slavery! Dangerous sets! Kenneth Cope!!!

Our quizzical quartet come to the end of their time in this dimension. Will Adric stay? Someone's staying ... based on a Stephen Gallagher script, the show is slightly too busy at points imo. I still enjoy it nonetheless.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th July 2019, 06:23 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Dalek
Van Statten: We've tried everything. The creature has shielded itself but there's definite signs of life inside.
The Doctor: Inside? Inside what?
Simmons: Welcome back, sir. I've had to take the power down. The Metaltron is resting.
The Doctor: Metaltron?
Van Statten: Thought of it myself. Good, isn't it? Although I'd much to prefer to find out it's real name.
Simmons: Here, you'd better put these on. (gauntlets) The last guy that touched it burst into flames.
The Doctor: I won't touch it then.
Van Statten: Go ahead, Doctor. Impress me. (The Doctor steps through the heavy door.) Don't open that door until we get a result.
(Van Statten and Goddard go to a desk with monitors on it.)
[Cage]
(It is dark inside. The door clangs shut and locks.)
The Doctor: Look, I'm sorry about this. Mister Van Statten might think he's clever, but never mind him. I've come to help. I'm the Doctor.
(A white light blinks next to a blue glow.)
Metaltron: Doc-Tor?
The Doctor: Impossible.
Metaltron: The Doctor? (The lights come up to reveal a bad tempered pepperpot being held in chains.) Exterminate! Exterminate!
(The Doctor hammers on the door in terror.)
The Doctor: Let me out!
Dalek: Exterminate!
[Outside the Cage]
Goddard: Sir, it's going to kill him.
Van Statten: It's talking!
[Cage]
Dalek: You are an enemy of the Daleks! You must be destroyed!
(Its gun arm twitches but nothing happens.)
The Doctor: It's not working. (The Doctor laughs as the Dalek looks at its impotent weapon.) Fantastic! Oh, fantastic! Powerless! Look at you. The great space dustbin. How does it feel?
Dalek: Keep back!
(The Doctor stands inches away, staring into its eyepiece.)
The Doctor: What for? What're you going to do to me? If you can't kill, then what are you good for, Dalek? What's the point of you? You're nothing. What the hell are you here for?
Dalek: I am waiting for orders.
The Doctor: What does that mean?
Dalek: I am a soldier. I was bred to receive orders.
The Doctor: Well you're never going to get any. Not ever.
Dalek: I demand orders!
The Doctor: They're never going to come! Your race is dead! You all burnt, all of you. Ten million ships on fire. The entire Dalek race wiped out in one second.
Dalek: You lie!
The Doctor: I watched it happen. I made it happen.
Dalek: You destroyed us?
The Doctor: I had no choice.
Dalek: And what of the Time Lords?
The Doctor: Dead. They burnt with you. The end of the last great Time War. Everyone lost.
Dalek: And the coward survived.
The Doctor: Oh, and I caught your little signal. Help me. Poor little thing. But there's no one else coming 'cause there's no one else left.
Dalek: I am alone in the universe.
The Doctor: Yep.
Dalek: So are you. We are the same.
The Doctor: We're not the same! I'm not (pause) No, wait. Maybe we are. You're right. Yeah, okay. You've got a point. 'Cause I know what to do. I know what should happen. I know what you deserve. Exterminate.
(The Doctor pulls a lever on a nearby console and the Dalek is lit up with electricity.)
Dalek: Have pity!
The Doctor: Why should I? You never did.

Rose: Stairs! That's more like it. It hasn't got legs. It's stuck!
De Maggio: It's coming! Get up!
(They run a flight and look down on the Dalek.)
Adam: Great big alien death machine defeated by a flight of stairs.
De Maggio: Now listen to me. I demand that you return to your cage. If you want to negotiate then I can guarantee that Mister van Statten will be willing to talk. I accept that we imprisoned you and maybe that was wrong, but people have died, and that stops right now. The killing stops. Have you got that? I demand that you surrender. Is that clear?
Dalek: Elevate.
(The Dalek glides up the stairs, just like its forebears did at Coal Hill School.)
Rose: Oh my God.
De Maggio: Adam, get her out of here.
Rose: Come with us. You can't stop it.
De Maggio: Someone's got to try. Now get out! Don't look back. Just run
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th July 2019, 08:02 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 114

The Sontaran Field Major Styre (Kevin Lindsay) battles the Doctor (Tom Baker) in The Sontaran Experiment (1975)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p0145zc8.jpg (88.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 29th July 2019, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hand Of Fear

"Eldrad Must Live!!"
As I sat in my striped dungarees watching this end of an era, I felt something sharp ... it turned out to be a loverly blue ring. I'll try it on when I finish this review
Ahem. Sarah Jane leaves in a huff. Stephen Thorne returns! (don't blink now ). When our trusted twosome land in an explosive situation (literally), the aftermath brings us a new villain (eventually) in the shapely shape of Judith Paris. This be Eldrad. Bent on devastation yadda yadda. Forcing The Doctor to return her to her home planet, where the reception is less than warm .
Which leads to SJS leaving. How fickle! Luckily the Time Lords have been fiddling with the horizontal signal, which saves his blushes.

Now where's that ring??

[B]
Old 30th July 2019, 06:00 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Long Game
The Doctor: You mean that thing's in charge of Satellite Five?
Editor: That thing, as you put it, is in charge of the human race. For almost a hundred years, mankind has been shaped and guided, his knowledge and ambition strictly controlled by it's broadcast news, edited by my superior, your master, and humanity's guiding light, the mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe. I call him Max. (Down on Floor 139 Adam avoids Cathica as she goes to take another look at the schematic that the Doctor called up. Then she goes to the lift and punches in the code for Floor 500. Meanwhile, the Doctor and Rose have been placed in hefty sets of manacles.) Create a climate of fear and it's easy to keep the borders closed. It's just a matter of emphasis. The right word in the right broadcast repeated often enough can destabilise an economy, invent an enemy, change a vote.
Rose: So all the people on Earth are like, slaves.
Editor: Well, now, there's an interesting point. Is a slave a slave if he doesn't know he's enslaved?
The Doctor: Yes.
Editor: Oh. I was hoping for a philosophical debate. Is that all I'm going to get? Yes?
The Doctor: Yes.
Editor: You're no fun.

Adam: It's my house. I'm home! Oh, my God, I'm home! Blimey. I thought you were going to chuck me out of an airlock.
The Doctor: Is there something else you want to tell me?
Adam: No. What do you mean?
(The Doctor picks up the answering machine.)
The Doctor: The archive of Satellite Five. One second of that message could've changed the world. (The Doctor sonic screwdrivers the poor defenceless telephone. It explodes.) That's it, then. See you.
Adam: How do you mean, see you?
The Doctor: As in goodbye.
Adam: But what about me? You can't just go. I've got my head. I've got a chip type two. My head opens.
The Doctor: What, like this?
(The Doctor clicks his fingers.)
Adam: Don't.
(He closes it.)
The Doctor: Don't do what?
(Open.)
Adam: Stop it!
(Close.)
Rose: All right now, Doctor, that's enough. Stop it.
Adam: Thank you. (Rose clicks her fingers.) Oi!
Rose: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
(Adam closes it again.)
The Doctor: The whole of history could have changed because of you.
Adam: I just wanted to help.
The Doctor: You were helping yourself.
Adam: And I'm sorry. I've said I'm sorry, and I am, I really am, but you can't just leave me like this.
The Doctor: Yes I can. 'Cause if you show that head to anyone, they'll dissect you in seconds. You'll have to live a very quiet life. Keep out of trouble. Be average, unseen. Good luck.
Adam: But I want to come with you.
The Doctor: I only take the best. I've got Rose.
(Adam's mum comes in the front door.)
Adam: Rose, Rose. Oh, my God.
Mum [OC]: Who's that? Geoff, is that you?
Adam: It's me, mum. Don't come in. Wait there a minute.
Mum [OC]: Oh, my Lord. You never told me you were coming home! Hold on, I'll just take my coat off. You should've told me you were coming home. I would've got your favourite tea in.
Adam: Rose, take me with you.
(The Tardis engine starts up. Rose goes inside and it dematerialises.)
Mum [OC]: Hey, what's that noise? Have you left the back door open? Blimey, there's a draft. (She enters the front room.) What a surprise. Oh, let me look at you. Oh, six months. It's like I saw you yesterday. Isn't it funny? The time goes by like that.
(She clicks her fingers. Oops.)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th July 2019, 10:56 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 115

New portraits of all Thirteen Doctors, from the very first incarnation played by William Hartnell through to Jodie Whittaker, the current Doctor, have been commissioned to one artist-Jeremey Enecio - for the very first time. Launched at San Diego Comic-Con, they celebrate each of the Thirteen regenerations of the world’s most famous Time Lord.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg multiImage-0 (Large).jpg (98.9 KB, 21 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 30th July 2019, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

New sets from Character - B&M exclusives. Available August.

nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!