Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2020, 10:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Tbh Ive not really been a fan at all since it come back, to extent I don't follow the storyline plots etc much anymore to the point I just watch it for sake of watching it, that's why only make odd comment wether I enjoyed the episode or not and don't contribute anything else to the doctor who thread. Sorry just being honest.
Fair enough.
Old 19th January 2020, 11:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Sounds like a sensible chap to me.
Old 20th January 2020, 04:50 AM
Cult Master

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #20

Episode: 'Revelation of the Daleks' (1985) (iii)
Artist: Procol Harum
Title: A Whiter Shade of Pale
Notes:
* Played by the DJ at Tranquil Repose
* The song was released as a single in 1967. It reached #1 in the UK charts on June 8th - the same day that 'Sgt. Pepper' topped the albums chart, marking the start of the Summer of Love in Britain
* The song can be found on the US version of the 'Procol Harem' LP, although it was not included on the original UK release. It was only in 2015, when a deluxe edition of the record was released, that the tune appeared as a bonus track

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 20th January 2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 20th January 2020, 08:06 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 288

Nicola Bryant as Peri and Jason Connery as Jondar in a publicity still for Vengeance on Varos (1985)

Old 20th January 2020, 01:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

So far I like the new season (all abnormalities aside ) the new episode was maybe the best on many counts, I even liked Jody mostly, she did not comment so much on the things she did, had a nice rough handling with the alien queen (who was a bit too much for ma taste) and the companions did not feel like kiddie TV as much. I really liked both Tesla and Edison! I hope they keep this quality for the whole season and then end it wit Jody's hands starting to glow
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 20th January 2020, 08:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

just caught up with the latest episode on catch-up, the best in the current series so far. nice monsters, decent characters and not too much silliness, with a more restrained JW. PC preaching was kept to a minimum. the ending was reminiscent of the Doctor coming up with the improvised lazer at the end of Horror of Fang Rock. not destroying the aliens (i.e. perpetuating the new philosophy of the Doctor being a pacifist) made for a less than satisfying ending though. i'd give it a 6/10 and i think that's the highest i've given any JW era story.
Old 20th January 2020, 08:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

4.04 million for Sundays. Down, down, down...

Old 20th January 2020, 10:50 PM
Cult Addict

Why do you even bother to come on the thread if you are not interested in the slightest in how Dr Who is doing iank except to gloat and enjoy watching the demise of a series you perhaps once enjoyed?

Personally even though the new series may not be doing as well as previous incarnations were, i am happy to see some people are still enjoying something that i enjoyed in my own time.

For years Who was dead and it could have remained that way. Even if you don't like it it still represents a positive role model for a young person to enjoy and follow.

It's never going to be the same as the old stuff because those series were a product of their age as much as the new one is of today.

Do you actually watch it or just piss and moan?

Why are people so quick to criticize these days, if you think about it in terms of classic Who we are now on the Peter Davison Doctor, a bit bland.

The way you seem is that you would rather it died and didn't exist at all.

If that's the case just ignore it and pretend it isn't there.

This Dr Who is for the new generation, same as it was for us growing up.

It seems you would be happier if it didn't exist, which just comes across as " if i don't like it then nobody else should" which just seems selfish and spiteful.

Also you don't seem to take in the fact that most people these days use catch up to watch series or binge stuff when everything has been on TV.

I'm not trying to be a miserable prick,but if you're gonna be so downbeat all the time it gets to be a drag.

Innit.

fraggle-rock___trash_heap_has_spoken.jpg
trebor8273 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 20th January 2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 20th January 2020, 10:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Aww.

Personally I don't think it's Doctor Who at all - it hasn't even got the Doctor in it anymore for one thing - and is so staggeringly terrible it baffles me as to how anyone who actually likes the original show can support it at all.

I find it an embarrassment to the original program and I want it to die. If that makes me an awful person, so be it. I want it dead.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 20th January 2020, 11:13 PM
Cult Addict

Well that's perfectly fine if you feel that way, but if so why don't you post on this thread about the original stuff that you enjoy and leave the new stuff to the people that are open to seeing where the new series is going.

tumblr_otk4vh6SZL1wu818io1_400.jpg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!