Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:50 AM
Cult Master

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #22

Episode: 'Silver Nemesis'
Artist: Courtney Pine
Title: Pe Pi Po / Adrian's Affair / Frank's Quest
Notes:
* The tunes were specially composed by Courtney Pine for the story
* Pine was only the third celebrity to portray himself in the show, Previously the newsreaders Kenneth Kendall had appeared in 'The War Machines and Alex MacIntosh in 'Day of the Daleks'

Unfortunately the only clip of him on the show I have been able to find comes from this 'humorous' podcast episode

"Here's Adam Ford's brilliant poem "A Cyberman Encounters Jazz For The First Time", as heard in Episode 4 of the podcast Doctor Who and the Episodes of Death, set to the Courtney Pine jazz that inspired it and accompanied by a little video we made just for you. Starring Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, and some existentially-conflicted Cybermen."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:55 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 290

Jake (Andrew Hayden-Smith), Ricky (Noel Clarke) the Doctor (David Tennant), Rose (Billie Piper) and Pete (Shaun Dingwall) in an action scene from the 2006 two part story Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p01zk5jw.jpg (78.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:01 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just seen the pics of the new range of action figures.

The Recon Dalek is excellent.

https://twitter.com/doctorwhosite/st...950913/photo/1
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:25 AM
Cult Master

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #23

Episode: 'Doctor Who: The Movie' (i)
Artist: Pat Hodge
Title: In A Dream
Notes:
* Played by Sylvester on a gramophone record in the TARDIS, just before the Master escapes
* The song was published by stock music library Mar-Tune Music and licenced out to several productions, including the 1994 TV movie Witness to the Execution as well as this story
* The song has not been published on any commercially-available albums, but is included as an extra on the special edition DVD release of 'Doctor Who: The Movie'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:00 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 291

The TARDIS as seen in the opening titles of the Sylvester McCoy era 1987-89

Attached Images
File Type: jpg x1080 (Medium).jpg (65.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30633...ies-13-return/

Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker confirms her future on the series
Oh, brilliant

Jodie Whittaker isn't going to be turning over the keys to the TARDIS on Doctor Who just yet.

The Thirteenth Doctor and her fam are only partially through the 12th series, but it looks like the return of The Master (Sacha Dhawan) won't be finishing them off after all.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly this week, Jodie let the big news slip – perhaps accidentally – that she will be back for a 13th series.

"I'm doing another season," she said. "That might be a massive exclusive that I'm not supposed to say, but it's unhelpful for me to say [I don't know] because it would be a massive lie!"

She then spoke of Doctor Who in general: "I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it's not yet. I'm clinging on tight!"

Digital Spy has reached out to the BBC for more information about the status of the rest of the cast for series 13.

Before fans get too excited about the next series, Jodie teased that The Doctor's upcoming run-in with the Cybermen is going to be unlike any of their previous encounters.

"[The Cybermen have] got a lot of presence on set," Whittaker said. "When they move in unison, it's incredible. It's really exciting."

This coming weekend's episode features more familiar monsters, when a platoon of Judoon nearly cause a riot in Gloucester as they arrive in search of an intergalactic fugitive.

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Old 23rd January 2020, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Old 23rd January 2020, 04:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30633...ies-13-return/

Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker confirms her future on the series
Oh, brilliant

Jodie Whittaker isn't going to be turning over the keys to the TARDIS on Doctor Who just yet.

The Thirteenth Doctor and her fam are only partially through the 12th series, but it looks like the return of The Master (Sacha Dhawan) won't be finishing them off after all.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly this week, Jodie let the big news slip – perhaps accidentally – that she will be back for a 13th series.

"I'm doing another season," she said. "That might be a massive exclusive that I'm not supposed to say, but it's unhelpful for me to say [I don't know] because it would be a massive lie!"

She then spoke of Doctor Who in general: "I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it's not yet. I'm clinging on tight!"

Digital Spy has reached out to the BBC for more information about the status of the rest of the cast for series 13.

Before fans get too excited about the next series, Jodie teased that The Doctor's upcoming run-in with the Cybermen is going to be unlike any of their previous encounters.

"[The Cybermen have] got a lot of presence on set," Whittaker said. "When they move in unison, it's incredible. It's really exciting."

This coming weekend's episode features more familiar monsters, when a platoon of Judoon nearly cause a riot in Gloucester as they arrive in search of an intergalactic fugitive.

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.
hey gag, i don't think this will significantly raise your 'Likes' total
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If this has already been posted I apologise, went back few pages haven't seen it

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/car...ff-susan-s-war

Carole Ann Ford stars in new Doctor Who spin-off, Susan’s War

The Doctor’s first ever companion, his granddaughter Susan Foreman, takes on a new, heroic role in her very own series from Big Finish Productions, in association with BBC Studios.

Carole Ann Ford stars in new Doctor Who spin-off, Susan’s War
Carole Ann Ford reprises the role she first created for television way back in 1963 in Susan's War, a four-part full-cast audio drama due for release in April 2020.

Gallifrey needs every Time Lord to fight the Time War. A summons has been issued across the universe to its prodigals. Whatever their skills, the war effort can use them.

Susan’s call-up papers have arrived, and, unlike her grandfather, she is willing to join her people’s battle and finally return home.

Because Susan knows the Daleks, and she will do her duty...

Susan's War is now available to pre-order as a collector’s edition box set (priced at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99)

Also joining Susan in this conflict are her old friend, Ian Chesterton (played once again by original series actor William Russell) and the Doctor himself... but probably not the one she was expecting.

Actor Carole Ann Ford said: “It's a very complex, interesting and fascinating piece of work which goes backwards and forwards in time in a way we've never actually done before in Doctor Who. We're finding all sorts of extraordinary ways to chase after time machines, and the different phases in Time Lords' lives are being investigated.

“Also, it's Susan when she's pushed on a few years. She has different attitudes to things and expects different behaviour from people that she's with. So this is marvellous. She's a much stronger person, and I really like that. ”

Producer David Richardson added: “The Time War is a mighty battle on many fronts, and we are telling that huge story on many fronts too. This is Susan’s story - drafted into the war, an agent of the Time Lords and reunited with her past, firstly with Ian Chesterton, and then later with her grandfather in his Eighth incarnation.

“How lucky was I to spend recording days with legends like Carole Ann Ford, William Russell and Paul McGann, such key figures from the classic series thrown into this compelling era of new series Doctor Who? And with them are Veklin (Beth Chalmers) and Rasmus (Damian Lynch) - two characters whose story arcs spread through a myriad of releases, and help tie together our intricate Time War range.”

Susan's War will contain four electrifying stories:

More story details will be revealed nearer the release date.

The four-disc box set of Susan's War is now available to pre-order in collector’s edition CD format (priced at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!