Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28623Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2020, 12:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If there are any stats fans out there who would like me to post the full list of every episode.

Just ask.

Can do if you wouldn't mind if not to much bother .

Even tho its a bit hit and miss since its return and I know shows change when they become more modern, just because it got a bigger budget doesn't mean it going to be better , doesn't seem to have the same appeal and charm as the original doctor who , they need to get rid of this preaching and PC bollocks and go back to old school, and find someone who a long life dedicated fan of the original otherwise its going to lose so many viewers it's going to get cancelled again, it would be a shame when it has so much potential but being held back by the BBC pricks.
And need to bring it back to life and be doctor who again and not doctor poo because it a load of sh!t.
Graeme73 and iank like this.
Old 11th February 2020, 12:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I can't believe how Graham got treated by the Doctor at the end of the most recent episode.

THIS is how its done. The Doctor and Victoria in Tomb of the Cybermen. A beautiful moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDw79__VRc
Old 11th February 2020, 01:01 AM
Cult Addict

I was trying to defend the new doctor and be optimistic but it seems the new Doctor Who is taking the place of 70's public info films but without the scares.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 11th February 2020, 05:03 AM
Cult Master

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #41

Episode: 'Love And Monsters'
Artist: The Electric Light Orchestra
Title: Don't Bring Me Down / Mr. Blue Sky / Turn To Stone
Notes:
* 'Don't Bring Me Down', written by Jeff Lynne, was released as a single in 1979. It reached #3 in the UK chart
* The song can be found on the 1979 album 'Discovery'

* Written by Jeff Lynne, 'Mr. Blue Sky' is the fourth and final track of the 'Concerto for a Rainy Day' suite on the 1977 'Out Of The Blue' LP
* Released as a single in 1978, the song reached #6 in the UK chart

* 'Turn To Stone', another Jeff Lynne composition, can also be found on the 1977 'Out Of The Blue' LP
* When released as a single in 1977, it reached #18 on the UK charts

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th February 2020, 12:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I was trying to defend the new doctor and be optimistic but it seems the new Doctor Who is taking the place of 70's public info films but without the scares.
Yeah, after a decent start (Genuinely enjoyed the first two episodes) we had the first long winded lecture in Orphan 55 then Tesla was a bit of a return to form, since then they've ruined every episode* with lecturing.

*Although the Judoon episode wasn't ruined by lecturing it was ruined by Chibnall deciding to reinvent the wheel
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 11th February 2020, 02:07 PM
Cult Addict

That's exactly how i feel about this new series.
I really hope the remaining episodes pick up a bit.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 11th February 2020, 02:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 310

The cover to Kursaal, the seventh book in the Eighth Doctor range from the BBC, published in 1998.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 188_Doctor_Who_Kursaal_book__80579.1455215961 (Large).jpg (52.8 KB, 28 views)
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 11th February 2020, 03:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
The BBC after all is a public information (propoganda) corporation. Did you ever see or possibly read 1984? It's a cracking film 1984.

At least the pennies dropped. Hopefully.
Old 11th February 2020, 03:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, after a decent start (Genuinely enjoyed the first two episodes) we had the first long winded lecture in Orphan 55 then Tesla was a bit of a return to form, since then they've ruined every episode* with lecturing.

*Although the Judoon episode wasn't ruined by lecturing it was ruined by Chibnall deciding to reinvent the wheel

It's been a joy reading this thread over the last couple wks. It's going to be a greater joy when this abomination is put to rest. The BBC, Chibnall and his team of "soap writers" need to be blasted off to Uranus. It's insulting to call this steaming pile of poo Dr Who. All the BBC does is push the social change messaging continually, and all people do is switch off. The BBC is totally committed to screwing over a series that actually was a jewel in the crown of BBC TV programming. There's alot of people in denial that still want Dr Who back to the way it was before Moffat started pushing the diversity and inclusion with a female Master added into the mix ( a taster of things to come), but now it's been completely buggered. And now there's another series to come. I'll just sit back and enjoy the decent into more madness. All thanks to Auntie Beeb and the hack writer known as Chibnall. I just pray that you have the stomach to bare this vile insult to Doctor Who from the past Dem.
Graeme73 and iank like this.

Last edited by hivemind; 11th February 2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11th February 2020, 03:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
It's been a joy reading this thread over the last couple wks. It's going to be a greater joy when this ambomination is put to rest. The BBC, Chibnall and his team of "soap writers" need to be blasted off to Uranus. It's insulting to call this steaming pile of poo Dr Who. All the BBC does is push the social change messaging continually, and all people do is switch off. The BBC is totally committed to screwing over a series that actually was a jewel in the crown of BBC TV programming. There's alot of people in denial that still want Dr Who back to the way it was before Moffat started pushing the diversity and inclusion with a female Master added into the mix ( a taster of things to come), but now it's been completely buggered. And now there's another series to come. I'll just sit back and enjoy the decent into more madness. All thanks to Auntie Beeb and the hack writer known as Chibnall. I just pray that you have the stomach to bare this vile insult to Doctor Who from the past Dem.
We'll see. If they ruin the two part Cyberman story with 'issue of the week' rubbish then i'm out (But i will watch the Dalek story whenever it's transmitted.)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!