Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28503Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2021, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 678

One of the WTF? moments from Doctor Who as the seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) climbs down a cliff face for no apparent reason other than to create a cliffhanger for the end of part one of Dragonfire (1987)

On closer inspection it's less of a cliff face and more of a shower curtain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CmI5HFdWMAACK-c (Large).jpg (65.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 20th February 2021, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
One of the WTF? moments from Doctor Who as the seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) climbs down a cliff face for no apparent reason other than to create a cliffhanger for the end of part one of Dragonfire (1987)

On closer inspection it's less of a cliff face and more of a shower curtain.
Yeah I never got the point of reason why that was done.
will graham likes this.
Old 20th February 2021, 09:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

He was supposed to be trying to climb down to the level below, only to realise he couldn't make it and get stuck (and, indeed, Glitz helps him down from the level below in the next episode).
Poor direction makes that rather unclear...
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 20th February 2021, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
He was supposed to be trying to climb down to the level below, only to realise he couldn't make it and get stuck (and, indeed, Glitz helps him down from the level below in the next episode).
Thanks Ian appreciate that little clear up, bad cliffhanger but Kane's death still makes up for it.
iank likes this.
Old 20th February 2021, 10:01 PM
Active Cultist

There was another ledge? I'm going to have to watch it again to see.
Old 20th February 2021, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
There was another ledge? I'm going to have to watch it again to see.
There seemed to be a small ledge to the right of the doctor.

Old 20th February 2021, 11:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
He should have taken the stairs like Glitz did.
Old 21st February 2021, 06:36 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #320
Name: Richard Ireson
Year(s): 1968-1969
Stories: The Krotons episode 1, The Krotons episode 3 – The Krotons episode 4
Character(s): Axus
NOTE: Had previously appeared as a Clockwork soldier and (uncredited) as the Minotaur in 'The Mind Robber'

Before Who:
Film: None
Television: Dr. Finlay's Casebook: Time Past: Time Future

After Who:
Films: The Darwin Adventure (1972), Thank You, Comrades (1978), Tiny Revolutions (1981), A Flame to the Phoenix (1983), Scandalous (1984), Christmas Present (1985), Prick Up Your Ears (1987), Hidden City (1987), Out of Order (1987), Closing Ranks (1988), Chicago Joe and the Showgirl (1990), Blood Royal: William the Conqueror (1990), The Object of Beauty (1991)

Television: Sentimental Education: Last Love / Advent of Steam: The Iron Horse / The Onedin Line: Coffin Ship / The Hole in the Wall [6 episodes as Joe] / Z Cars: Old Acquaintance / Soldier and Me [9 episodes as Henchman Greasy] / Horizon: The Lysenko Affair / A Pint of Plain / Plays for Britain: Sunshine in Brixton / Bill Brand [2 episodes as Wellburn]Play for Today: Bet Your Life / Play for Today: Nuts in May / Play for Today: Through the Night / Softly Softly: Task Force: Say It with Flowers / Here I Stand...: The Gadfly/ The New Avengers: Hostage* / Hazell: Hazell Gets the Boot / The Greeks: A Journey in Space and Time: Heroes and Men / We, the Accused / Masterpiece Theatre: Sons and Lovers [2 episodes as Doctor] / Bird of Prey [2 episodes as Detective Sergeant Eric Vine] / BBC2 Playhouse: Jake's End / Five-Minute Films: The Birth of the Goalie of the 2001 F.A. Cup Final / Reilly: Ace of Spies: Prelude to War / The Nation's Health [3 episodes as Stephen Morwell] / Johnny Jarvis: 1979-1980 / Crown Court: Oddball / Diana: November 1940 / Minder: A Well Fashioned Fit-Up / Charlie: Charlie Is My Darling / Juliet Bravo: No Peace / Travelling Man: Moving On / The Practice [3 episodes as Jack McClelland] / Gems [3 episodes as Vic Berman] / Bulman: Pandora's Many Boxes / Hold the Back Page [10 episodes as Frank McNab] / The Monocled Mutineer [2 episodes as Inspector Ritchie] / Running Wild: The Last of the Red Hot Rock N' Rollers / Star Cops: Conversations with the Dead / The New Statesman: Three Line Whipping / Rockliffe's Babies: Go for It / Screen Two: Will You Love Me Tomorrow / Screen Two: Border / Hard Cases / London's Burning / EastEnders [17 episodes as Sparrow] / Christabel / Shady Tales / The Nineteenth Hole / Home James!: Walking the Dog / Spender: Iced / Chancer: Blood / Poirot: Death in the Clouds / Love Hurts: Let's Do It / Inspector Morse: Happy Families / Sharpe: Sharpe's Rifles / Between the Lines: New Order / Woof!: Miranda

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st February 2021, 02:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A promo image of the Doctor (Peter Capaldi) for Oxygen (2017)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg oxygen (Large).jpg (88.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:37 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #321
Name: Alan Bennion
Year(s): 1969 / 1972 / 1974
Stories: The Seeds Of Death episode 1 – The Seeds Of Death episode 6 / The Curse Of Peladon episode 1 – The Curse Of Peladon episode 4 / The Monster Of Peladon episode 4 – The Monster Of Peladon episode 6
Character(s): Slaar / Izlyr / Azaxyr

Before Who:
Film: Carry On Up the Khyber (1968)
Television: Send Foster: The Drama Critic / Sexton Blake: The Great Tong Mystery / Meeting Point: The House by the Stable / Late Night Horror: William and Mary / The First Lady: Print and Be Damned / Z Cars [6 episodes, different characters (1968-1972)]/ The Jazz Age: The Princess / The Expert: Lethal Weapon

After Who:
Films: Hamlet (1970), Psychomania (1973), Events in a Museum (1983), God's Outlaw (1986), The Moneymen (1987), Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less (1990), B & B (1992)
Television: Paul Temple: Kill or Cure / The Troubleshooters: I'm Glad I'm Just an Oilman... / Big Brother: The Eleventh Commandment / A Family at War: We Could Be a Lot Worse Off* / The Organization: Peter Frame and Veronica / Softly Softly: Task Force: Paper Chase / Orson Welles' Great Mysteries: Captain Rogers / Six Days of Justice: Case for Committal / Thriller: Sign It Death* / Justice: Trial for Murder / New Scotland Yard: A Year to Kill / Wilde Alliance: Time and Again / Armchair Thriller: The Victim / The Gentle Touch: Maggie's Luck / Pig in the Middle: Why Don't You Move in with Me? / Juliet Bravo: Aunt Sally / Wilfred and Eileen / Oliver Twist / The Collectors: Touch and Go / Sorry!: The Primal Scene, So to Speak / The Return of Sherlock Holmes: The Second Stain / Me and My Girl: Poor Uncle Derek / Square Deal / Spatz: Extortion / Holding the Baby / Next of Kin: Neighbours

[

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!