Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28631Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2022, 03:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Well, the BBC, your State loving Ministry of Truth have pushed this agenda of inclusion and diversity to the limit. I don't endorse getting rid of the BBC, but after the experiment peddled out by the BBC with Whittaker and Chibnall, Russell T. Davies will still add in plenty of much needed diversity, and some fine sprinkling of inclusion throughout his new series of Who. The BBC is all about using ethic people to push a fully multicultural Britain using endless dramas and comedies to promote less white people, and more ethic non white people. It seems white identity and history is being erased in documentaries and drama series with a historical angle. Just look at some eps of Dr Who more recently. It's all very devisive behaviour from the BBC. But then again, the BBC is their to educate (laugh), and also inform the viewer with its 'expert' view and rewriting of the historical context of white history that doesn't fit the new world of diversity. Russell T. Davies is as diverse and inclusive as they come, and fits in nicely with the BBC mantra.
It seems strange that they would follow a policy of inclusivity to foster division? Isn't there a paradox in your analysis? Or is it that it fosters division only in a certain type of person?

I must admit I rolled my eyes too as it does feel like its a decision based on 'isn't it about time we had a Doctor who was... (fill in minority)'. However, just like Duane Jones in NotLD perhaps he did simply have the best audition?

It's not the ethnicity of the Doctor that troubles me it's the direction of the show in general which seems to be 'the message' is more important than the story.

I'm also not hugely optimistic about RTD's return as most second time around's cannot recapture the past. Just ask us Newcastle United fans about Kevin Keegan's second coming...

Anyway, we will see. It surely can't get any worse than it already is...?
will graham and nosferatu42 like this.

Last edited by Rob4; 9th May 2022 at 03:58 PM.
Old 9th May 2022, 06:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
It seems strange that they would follow a policy of inclusivity to foster division? Isn't there a paradox in your analysis? Or is it that it fosters division only in a certain type of person?

I must admit I rolled my eyes too as it does feel like its a decision based on 'isn't it about time we had a Doctor who was... (fill in minority)'. However, just like Duane Jones in NotLD perhaps he did simply have the best audition?

It's not the ethnicity of the Doctor that troubles me it's the direction of the show in general which seems to be 'the message' is more important than the story.

I'm also not hugely optimistic about RTD's return as most second time around's cannot recapture the past. Just ask us Newcastle United fans about Kevin Keegan's second coming...

Anyway, we will see. It surely can't get any worse than it already is...?
Davies will make sure Doctor Who is everywhere once again. He'll promote it like crazy. In one three minute interview yesterday he promoted it more than Chibnall's done his entire tenure.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th May 2022, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here's my tuppence then.

He's MALE. Call me easily pleased .....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th May 2022, 09:43 PM
Cult Master

This could go in the 'Before They Were Famous' thread, but...

...new Doctor Ncuti Gatwa in his television debut, as a burger van customer in 'Bob Servant' (2014)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th May 2022, 05:48 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #761a
Name: Nigel Humphreys [1951 - ]
Year(s): 1984
Stories: Warriors Of The Deep part 1 – Warriors Of The Deep part 4
Character(s): Bulic

Before Who:
Films: Zigger Zagger (1967), Danny Jones (1972), Dead Cert (1974), Joseph Andrews (1977), The Class of Miss MacMichael (1978), The Great Riviera Bank Robbery (1979), Scum (1979), Big Wheels and Sailor (1979), The Knowledge (1979), Breaking Glass (1980), The Long Good Friday (1980), The Final Option (1982), The Jigsaw Man (1983)
Television: Coronation Street [41 episodes as Dickie Fleming (1968-1970)] / Z Cars: Break-Up (1973) / Softly Softly - Task Force [20 episodes as PC Dodds (1974-1975)] / The Expert: Tainted Money (1976) / Warship [5 episodes as Leading Seaman Anderson (1977)] / Blake's 7: Mission to Destiny (1978) / Out: Maybe He'll Bring Back a Geisha (1978) / The Sweeney: Trust Red (1978) / A Sharp Intake of Breath: Your Very Good Health (1979) / The Onedin Line: Dirty Cargo (1979) / Dick Turpin: The Elixir of Life (1980) / The Professionals: The Acorn Syndrome (1980) / Play for Today: London Is Drowning (1981) / Let There Be Love: Dad's the Word (1982) / Minder: The Son Also Rises (1982) / Strangers: A Swift and Evil Rozzer (1982) / Young at Heart; All's Well That Ends Well (1982) / Juliet Bravo: Hartley's Midnight Cowboy (1982)

After Who:
Films: Lamb (1985)
Television: The Gentle Touch: A Woman's Word (1984) / All in Good Faith [4 episodes as Alec Dugdale (1985-1987)] / The Practice [8 episodes as Gerry Metcalfe (1985)] / Prospects: Partners in Brine (1986) / EastEnders (1986) / Pulaski: The TV Detective [3 episodes as the First Assistant Director (1987)] / Rockliffe's Folly [2 episodes as Bill Maidment (1988)] / The Country Boy [6 episodes as Dave Westcott (1989)] / Birds of a Feather [2 episodes as Detective Inspector Tatum (1989-1992)] / No Job for a Lady [11 episodes as Harry (1990-1992)] / The Good Guys: Going West (1992) / Forever Green (1992) / Head Over Heels [4 episodes as Stan (1993)] / 99-1: Trust Me (1994) / The Chief (1994) / Crown Prosecutor (1995) / Dangerous Lady (1995) / Casualty: Shame the Devil (1995) / The Bill: Better Half (1996) / Wycliffe [2 episodes as A.C.C. Ken Lyman (1996)] / Liverpool 1: Cut from the Same Cloth (1998)

Who: Before And After #761b
Name: Martin Neil [? - ]
Year(s): 1984
Stories: Warriors Of The Deep part 1 – Warriors Of The Deep part 3
Character(s): Maddox

Before Who:
Films: Intimate Games* (1976), The Launderette (1976), International Velvet (1978), Henry IV Part II (1979)

Television: Tightrope [2 episodes as Jeff (1972)] / The Upper Crusts [6 episodes as Gareth Seacroft (1973)] / Freewheelers [13 episodes as Dave (1973)] / Ski-Boy: Family Feud (1974) / Anne of Avonlea [5 episodes as Fred Wright (1975)] / Churchill's People: The Whip of Heaven (1975) / The Good Life: Plough Your Own Furrow* (1975) / Comedy Premiere: What a Turn Up (1975) / The Glittering Prizes: An Academic Life (1976) / Survivors: By Bread Alone (1976) / The Expert: Suspended Verdict (1976) / The Emigrants: Chances for the Children (1976) / Hazell: Hazell and the Weekend Man (1978) / The Standard [2 episodes as Bobbie McPhie (1978)] / The Devil's Crown: Before the Dark (1978) / Accident [6 episodes as Stephen Mitchell (1978-1979)] / Danger UXB [3 episodes as Brinckley (1979)] / Minder: All About Scoring, Innit? (1980)

After Who:
Films: None
Television: Bernard's Watch [31 episodes as Mr. Beasley (1997-2001)] / Down to Earth [4 episodes as George Roebuck (2000-2003)]

Old 10th May 2022, 11:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 1116

The cover to the target novel of The Keeper of Traken (1981). Published in 1982 with artwork by Andrew Skilleter.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bk-5t-83.jpg (45.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 10th May 2022, 04:45 PM
Cult Master

Matt Smith, as featured on the poster for the upcoming 'Game Of Thrones' prequel show 'House Of The Dragon'

Attached Images
File Type: jpg House Of The Dragon.jpg (91.9 KB, 27 views)

Old 10th May 2022, 09:24 PM
Cult Master

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrong Century.jpg (35.5 KB, 21 views)
trebor8273 likes this.

Old 10th May 2022, 09:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Agree but has anyone actually said the doctor is gay now,. How advanced the timelords are you think they would be beyond sexuality, I don't care what they are the doctor could be a chimp all I want is good writing and not be beating around the head with the BBC agenda.

Have story's that deal with social issues etc, doctor who has always done this but not badly done like it's been and having a hammer smacked over our heads.
Old 10th May 2022, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just a question. Who is Pip Madeley?

Like this? Share it using the links below!