Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28655Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2010, 03:33 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineSix View Post
I just want to see every lost story, they are all bound to be superb. I've listened to most of the audios and they are great, albeit nothing willl ever measure up to watching them which will sadly never happen.
It's looking less likely each year. I remember the huge thrill in the 90's when the complete Tomb Of The Cybermen turned up. Absolutely amazing.

I could be wrong here but I think the last Who 'retrieval' was episode 2 of Hartnell's The Daleks Master Plan (leaving 9 out of 12 still missing). Nothing has appeared since.
Old 25th March 2010, 03:37 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah, I read recently that nothing has been discovered in six years.
Old 25th March 2010, 03:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

At first I really enjoyed the re-emergence of Dr Who, and watched them all up to that episosde in Pompeii, then I found myself recording it and not watching it then not even bothering to record it...

I don'rt think I'll make any effort to watch the new dude. My ideal Doctor was Jon Pertwee, not a sixth former with floppy hair!
Old 25th March 2010, 06:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I know. It's genuinely frustrating. Of the Hartnell years I'd love to see intact prints of The Celestial Toymaker, The Myth Makers and Marco Polo. Both of the latter are completely missing.

The Troughton years fare even worse. I'd love to see the other contemporary London stories (The Web Of Fear and especially The Faceless Ones) plus The Macra Terror.
The Celestial Toymaker would be great ( Michael Gough is always worth watching ).

From the two episodes I've seen, The Faceless Ones looks terrific - a full set would be wonderful. To be honest, I'd love to see all of Troughton's 'lost' adventures - though if I was forced to make a choice I would plump for Evil Of The Daleks or Fury From The Deep.
Old 25th March 2010, 06:52 PM
Cultist

michael gough is one of the main reasons i want to see celestial toy maker!! why did it have to be missing!!!

the faceless ones does indeed look terrific!!
Old 25th March 2010, 10:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

3 out of 4 missing from The Celestial Toymaker. 4 out of 6 missing from The Faceless Ones.

Everything missing from.......

HARTNELL
Marco Polo
Galaxy 4
Mission To The Unknown (1 episode set-up for Daleks Master Plan)
The Myth Makers
The Massacre
The Savages
The Smugglers

TROUGHTON
Power Of The Daleks
The Highlanders
The Macra Terror
Fury From The Deep

Ridiculous isn't it?
Old 26th March 2010, 11:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just saw Matt Smith on Johnathon Ross and with the couple of small clips they showed,i'm actually looking forward to seeing the show now.One of the clips they showed featured an appearance by William Hartnell (the doctor whipped out his library card,complete with photograph for ID and said he would need to get it updated when he realized that it still featured a photo of the 1st doctor!)
Old 26th March 2010, 11:20 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah, the Hartnell library card was a nice touch. This new series with Steven Moffat in charge actually feels like the true merging of the classic series with new/modern Doctor Who. Matt Smith's character is like Who of old, the bumbling professor type, it reminds me of Patrick Troughton a lot.

Also, there was a Pertwee reference in there aswell, after he realises the library card is (really) old, he starts mumbling to himself about needing a spare and says "It's with him" and makes the nose gesture, because Pertwee had a rather large nose, lol.
Old 27th March 2010, 12:32 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I love the Peter Cushing DR WHO double bill.Perfect Sunday afternoon viewing!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:44 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I revisited the 2-part Hartnell story The Rescue last night which was basically just an introduction to Vicki (Maureen O'Brien) after Susan stayed behind on Earth.

Even with a daft looking papier mache dog thingy and a cast of 5 speaking characters (Hartnell & companions plus a bearded Ray Barrett) it still works well. Hartnell brought something to the role that made him unique.

Like this? Share it using the links below!