Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2017, 08:55 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

I think it looks pretty good, it's clearly more aligned with the new movie franchise than TOS and TNG but that's not a bad thing really. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
i'm still feeling slightly apprehensive; especially the klingons
Old 24th September 2017, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Trek Discovery premiers tomorrow on Netflix.

Old 25th September 2017, 11:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I watched the first episode, I liked it.
It certainly doesn't 'look' like Star Trek but it still contains the feeling and themes of previous incarnations.

It's set in an unspecified time in the future (of Star Trek lore, not of 2017...) where the Klingon Empire has crumbled and no-one has seen a Klingon for 200 years. Until a space relay was destroyed and the 1st officer volunteers to check out an unidentified object floating in space near to the damaged relay, in turns out it was Klingons, with the knowledge that the Federation would come to investigate, which they did...

I'm going to watch episode 2 after lunch, then it's one a week every Monday!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th September 2017, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I watched the first episode, I liked it.
It certainly doesn't 'look' like Star Trek but it still contains the feeling and themes of previous incarnations.

It's set in an unspecified time in the future (of Star Trek lore, not of 2017...) where the Klingon Empire has crumbled and no-one has seen a Klingon for 200 years. Until a space relay was destroyed and the 1st officer volunteers to check out an unidentified object floating in space near to the damaged relay, in turns out it was Klingons, with the knowledge that the Federation would come to investigate, which they did...

I'm going to watch episode 2 after lunch, then it's one a week every Monday!
So it sounds like it's another alternative reality, as from what I heard with sarek in it I was something like 30 years before Kirk and 50 or so after enterprise
Old 25th September 2017, 02:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
So it sounds like it's another alternative reality, as from what I heard with sarek in it I was something like 30 years before Kirk and 50 or so after enterprise
It's not an alternative universe, going from the aftershow show. I never watched Enterprise so I wasn't aware that show was set in a time when no-one had heard from Klingons in 100s of years. This time lime makes sense though because Sarek is fairly young. Although Vulcans live a lot longer, but yeah!

Old 25th September 2017, 02:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It's not an alternative universe, going from the aftershow show. I never watched Enterprise so I wasn't aware that show was set in a time when no-one had heard from Klingons in 100s of years. This time lime makes sense though because Sarek is fairly young. Although Vulcans live a lot longer, but yeah!
It makes no sense because Klingons were in enterprise and it was less than hundred years between it and TOS
Old 25th September 2017, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It makes no sense because Klingons were in enterprise and it was less than hundred years between it and TOS
I just read this, it remains a bit ambiguous.
Which Timeline is Star Trek: Discovery In? | Screen Rant

However, I'm not going to get bogged down with it and just enjoy it. Which I have done so far for the first 2 episodes and the sneak peak from next week looks just as good

I hope you enjoy it.
trebor8273 likes this.

Old 25th September 2017, 02:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I just read this, it remains a bit ambiguous.
Which Timeline is Star Trek: Discovery In? | Screen Rant

However, I'm just not going to get bogged down with it and just enjoy it. Which I have done so far for the first 2 episodes and the sneak peak from next week looks just as good

I hope you enjoy it.
Going to do the same , if you watch the shows there are a lot of inconsistencies
Old 25th September 2017, 02:56 PM
Cult Veteran

I finished watch TNG a couple of months ago so I think it's time to get onto the next series, I've seen them all (apart from Enterprise) so which should I watch. Keep with the release date timeline and go with DS9, or watch my 2nd favourite Captain and Crew on Voyager, or try something new and watch Enterprise?

Old 25th September 2017, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I finished watch TNG a couple of months ago so I think it's time to get onto the next series, I've seen them all (apart from Enterprise) so which should I watch. Keep with the release date timeline and go with DS9, or watch my 2nd favourite Captain and Crew on Voyager, or try something new and watch Enterprise?
I would give Enterprise a try. Then go back to voyager then Ds9, I usually watch in chronological order but it makes no difference.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!