Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Star Wars Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/3428-star-wars-thread.html)

bleakshaun 14th April 2018 08:22 AM

Here's something I found. This is ****ing legit. [emoji26]
Therm Scissorpunch
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0d121e8767.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

hivemind 14th April 2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 572246)
Here's something I found. This is ****ing legit. [emoji26]
Therm Scissorpunch
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0d121e8767.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yep. It's going to be in the new Disney/Solo film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 572128)
Have a good afternoon. And don't have nightmares after watching Luke squeeze the tit on that sea cow with a feeling of satisfaction on his bearded face.

All to to with that Skywalker incest.....

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th April 2018 10:53 PM

Well i thought The Last Jedi was excellent.

For about fifteen minutes.

Then it introduced an annoying Asian American woman with an even more annoying Californian high speed drawl, went on and on about the Force and bored the shit out of me for fifty minutes mixing in scenes of tedium on yet another planet this time with CGI race horse creatures. The rest of the film was just nicked from Lucas original trilogy with barely an original idea in sight.

This isn't a joke. Practically every scene had been in an earlier Star Wars film also most of the dialogue too.

Definitely bottom of the pile when it comes to Star Wars.

hivemind 15th April 2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 572308)
All to to with that Skywalker incest.....

You're probably right. Either that or Skywalker just likes milking strange alien sea cows for the heck of it. There's not much to do on an island with 0% human interaction, and your main protagonist lives like a cave dwelling hermit, drinks green looking milk , and eats barbecued Porgs . Apparently Kathleen Kennedy thought the sea cow scene was funny.

I just miss the days when Star Wars actually meant something.

Now it means nothing.

hivemind 15th April 2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 572319)
Well i thought The Last Jedi was excellent.

For about fifteen minutes.

Then it introduced an annoying Asian American woman with an even more annoying Californian high speed drawl, went on and on about the Force and bored the shit out of me for fifty minutes mixing in scenes of tedium on yet another planet this time with CGI race horse creatures. The rest of the film was just nicked from Lucas original trilogy with barely an original idea in sight.

This isn't a joke. Practically every scene had been in an earlier Star Wars film also most of the dialogue too.

Definitely bottom of the pile when it comes to Star Wars.

What did you think of the part of the film when Princess Leia was blasted out of the bridge of the ship, only to launch a Mary Poppins moment that had most of the cinema goers laughing out loud at the screen when I saw The Last Jedi at the cinema?

This is truly a Star Wars film to remember for all the wrong reasons.

I just can't wait for the conclusion to this saga. And what a f**ked up saga it will be.

SymbioticFunction 15th April 2018 10:01 AM

I'm still undecided about the Leia Poppins moment. Not sure if it's terrible or an interesting idea. btw The milk drinking scene doesn't bother me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 572326)
What did you think of the part of the film when Princess Leia was blasted out of the bridge of the ship, only to launch a Mary Poppins moment that had most of the cinema goers laughing out loud at the screen when I saw The Last Jedi at the cinema?

This is truly a Star Wars film to remember for all the wrong reasons.

I just can't wait for the conclusion to this saga. And what a f**ked up saga it will be.

I laughed and groaned at the same time. It was actually quite embarrassing.

I missed Luke kopping a feel as i playing ball with the dog. Saw him slurping away afterwards.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2018 12:32 PM

I truly don't know how anyone with any interest in Star Wars from the past can say The Last Jedi was a great or even very good movie. It pilfered so much from earlier films it felt like i was watching some sort of parody or at best a remake.

I can see that non- Star Wars fans might really enjoy it seeing as it featured many of the best bits from Star Wars, Empire and Jedi with all new PC friendly characters.

So it wasn't a bad film as such, just a bad Star Wars film.

hivemind 15th April 2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 572335)
I'm still undecided about the Leia Poppins moment. Not sure if it's terrible or an interesting idea. btw The milk drinking scene doesn't bother me.

An interesting idea you say?

:pound: