Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2018, 08:41 AM
Cult Master

Remember guys - smoking isn't big; it isn't clever; it isn't cool and it isn't funny

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th May 2018, 02:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well that's two hours of my life i will never get back, absolutely awful film badly written, paced and directed some decent acting and set pieces but that's it,the more interesting characters are killed early and the actor playing Han was badly miscast , granted no-one could replace Ford but this guy looks and acts nothing like the character we love,also be looks older than Ford in the first film!! 2/10

Avoid like the plague, at least this film has proven one thing too me,star wars is overrated and terrible, weather it's new or old it's crap.
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 26th May 2018, 02:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Well that's two hours of my life i will never get back, absolutely awful film badly written, paced and directed some decent acting and set pieces but that's it,the more interesting characters are killed early and the actor playing Han was badly miscast , granted no-one could replace Ford but this guy looks and acts nothing like the character we love,also be looks older than Ford in the first film!! 2/10

Avoid like the plague, at least this film has proven one thing too me,star wars is overrated and terrible, weather it's new or old it's crap.
Ease down trebor. I honestly thought Solo was the best film since The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Alden Ehrenreich is the new Harrison Ford. And IMDb has Solo listed with a 7.1. What's not to like. Your just having a bad day.
Old 26th May 2018, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Ease down trebor. I honestly thought Solo was the best film since The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Alden Ehrenreich is the new Harrison Ford. And IMDb has Solo listed with a 7.1. What's not to like. Your just having a bad day.
you off all people like it? After the countless arguments over last jedi and how evil Disney are?

But thanks as you did open eyes to how poor the franchise is. Find it strange you quote ratings when people did same for last jedi.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th May 2018, 03:01 PM
Cult Addict

I thought Hive was being sarcastic.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 26th May 2018, 03:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I thought Hive was being sarcastic.
If not im confused after his other posts about new star wars and Disney.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th May 2018, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
If not im confused after his other posts about new star wars and Disney.
Ha,ha. It has to be the best Star Wars film since The Last Jedi.

It's the only one.
Old 27th May 2018, 06:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Ouch!

Solo: A Star Wars Story topped the US charts this weekend with $83.3 million over the three-day weekend.

Solo's domestic three-day debut was just 54% of the $155 million opening for Rogue One

Internationally, Solo brought in a meager $65 million from virtually the entire international marketplace.

Its international performance wasn't even half of Rogue's $134.9 million overseas opening and that was without opening in South Korea and China.

With a reported $300 million price tag before prints and advertising this weekend's performance is extremely disappointing. Had the price tag and expectations not been so high perhaps the smaller performance wouldn't appear to be such an issue, but as it stands this would appear to be a failure from a theatrical standpoint.

'Solo' isn't Flying So High, Delivering Soft Memorial Day Weekend Debut - Box Office Mojo
Old 27th May 2018, 06:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Hopefully this signals the end for Kathleen Kennedy.
Old 27th May 2018, 06:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Hopefully this signals the end for Kathleen Kennedy.
Yeah, there has to be some quality control as well. They just appear to be churning them out as quick as possible without much thought.

I know many on here really enjoyed The Last Jedi and i'm not trying to start any arguments now.

A good percentage really didn't like it, myself included, and i think Solo has probably suffered because of that film. It's figures aren't low because audiences went to see it and thought it mediocre, it's figures are low because people didn't bother going to see it.
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!