Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2018, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finally watching my German vhs. Yes, they are in German. Hilarious! The trailers alone. Vader suits it, naturally. Boxing Day!!
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th July 2018, 10:48 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Finally watching my German vhs. Yes, they are in German. Hilarious! The trailers alone. Vader suits it, naturally. Boxing Day!!
I've often wondered what Davros would sound like in German.

Probably no different.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th July 2018, 07:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Lando is back for Episode IX

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...rs-episode-ix/
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th July 2018, 08:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yep, it's confirmed.

Another Original Trilogy character to be f**ked up.
Lucasfilm in a last gasp attempt to get the fans onboard again.
In the last seven months Lucasfilm have argued and baited the fans because of the response to THE LAST JEDI and the failure of SOLO at the box office.
I have never known this ever from a film company, to attack fans.
Unhappy with the direction the new Star Wars films were heading, fans stayed away from SOLO.
Kathleen Kennedy's new SJW Star Wars stance bombed as SOLO was unable to support itself without the help of it's core fanbase.
After the failure of SOLO things got worse as the media got hold of events and fans were called out as racist, white supremist, manbabies, female haters etc,etc..
I think too much damage has now be done to the franchise. Episode 9 in 2019 may well be a good film but the damage has been done. The fall out from these past months and what is still going on will forever leave a bad taste.
Old 10th July 2018, 11:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wonder how much longer Kathleen Kennedy can remain in charge? I'm sure that Disney must have lost confidence in her. I also wonder if the officially announced Boba Fett movie will really get made. If many people didn't want to see Solo at the cinema then why would they then do so for a Fett film?

btw I was personally much more interested in the rumoured Obi Wan film (if it were to once again use Ewan McGregor).
Old 10th July 2018, 05:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Keep repeating .... it's only a franchise ....
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th July 2018, 07:07 AM
Cult Master

'Solo: A Star Wars Story' is due to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on 24th September, 2018

The film will be available as:
  • 4K UHD BD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
  • Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
  • DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
  • Digital 4K UHD: English Dolby Atmos (for some clients), English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
  • Digital HD/SD: English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)

Confirmed extras are:
  • Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable — Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
  • Team Chewie — See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
  • Kasdan on Kasdan — Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
  • Remaking the Millennium Falcon –Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
  • Escape from Corellia — Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
  • The Train Heist — Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
  • Becoming a Droid: L3-37 — Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
  • Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
  • Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run –Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
  • The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park — In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
  • Deleted Scenes:
    - Proxima’s Den
    - Corellian Foot Chase
    - Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
    - The Battle of Mimban: Extended
    - Han Versus Chewie: Extended
    - Snowball Fight!
    - Meet Dryden: Extended
    - Coaxium Double-Cross

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th July 2018, 09:14 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't know if you get a steelbook as well, I was so happy about the announcement and immediately preordered the Steelbook here in Germany, what a beauty!

nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 19th July 2018, 11:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Oh for *^&$" sake. Why all the photo shopped nonsense on the sleeves ?
I suppose the original poster art was too much trouble. "sigh"

91b7QzPAItL._SY445_.jpg solo-a-star-wars-story-uk-poster-1103301.jpg
Old 19th July 2018, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well this has got me more excited than the new movies. Basically the clone wars tv show is returning to give a end the show, yes it's been done to try too please the fans, but I trust Dave Filoni far more with the franchise than I do Kennedy and her cronies.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ce-dave-filoni
Dave Boy and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!