All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2092Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2019, 01:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Last Jedi didn't feel like a Star Wars movie to me. Rogue One did, The Force Awakens did, but not The Last Jedi, it's difficult to explain, similarly, huge swathes of the last series of Doctor Who didn't feel like Doctor Who to me either.

It felt like a film made by people with no real love or knowledge of the subject matter.

I've decided to turn my wonderful creative hand at selling unwanted The Farce Awakens and The Last Jedi DVD/Blu-Ray discs into jewellery wear, due to the incredible amount of unwanted The Farce Awakens and The Last Jedi discs circulating on ebay and in charity shops. The Last Jedi Blu-Ray earrings for £50 pounds, and a truly superb necklace chain of The Farce Awakens and The Last Jedi discs that make any new fan of the Disney/Star Wars Trilogy want to have instantly. God, even trebor wouldn't put his nose up to that. £80 pounds for the Star Wars/Disney necklace of shame. Hell! They may even become the next retro collector's item. Place your orders for The Rise of Skywalker DVD dog frisbee's nearer to Christmas. Don't miss out! Every barking mad fur ball should have one....
Old 16th April 2019, 07:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

38F2BAC0-B378-4FAE-B3B6-2932ACD61293-15188-00000CB7941001A2.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th April 2019, 08:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Well, that's another Star Wars Celebration over.
I was working so after work had some catch up to do on the live stream which went on in to the early hours of Fri-Mon. I'm knackered!
The new trailer looked good. I have seen it quite a few times now. I was actually quite choked up watching it.
The Clone Wars trailer and The Mandalorian teaser looked great as well.
Old 16th April 2019, 10:10 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Well, that's another Star Wars Celebration over.
I was working so after work had some catch up to do on the live stream which went on in to the early hours of Fri-Mon. I'm knackered!
The new trailer looked good. I have seen it quite a few times now. I was actually quite choked up watching it.
The Clone Wars trailer and The Mandalorian teaser looked great as well.
Still not seen any of the clone wars i hear good things about it.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

I totally recommend The Clone Wars. Expands on story threads and characters from the prequel trilogy. There are some awesome episodes in this series.
If you take the plunge and watch the show, make sure you watch the Clone Wars movie first. Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's Padawan learner was originally disliked when the show began but the writing and story arc has made her one of Star Wars most beloved characters.
After The Clone Wars check out Star Wars Rebels. Another great show.
You won't be disappointed.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:37 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I totally recommend The Clone Wars. Expands on story threads and characters from the prequel trilogy. There are some awesome episodes in this series.
If you take the plunge and watch the show, make sure you watch the Clone Wars movie first. Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's Padawan learner was originally disliked when the show began but the writing and story arc has made her one of Star Wars most beloved characters.
After The Clone Wars check out Star Wars Rebels. Another great show.
You won't be disappointed.
Old 18th April 2019, 07:20 AM
Cult Master

Maybe this explains why everything has gone wrong with the 'Star Wars' franchise!

George Lucas names Jar Jar Binks as his favourite character | BBC News

"George Lucas has revealed that Jar Jar Binks, one of the most reviled characters in the Star Wars saga, is actually his all-time favourite.

The 74-year-old director made the surprise announcement at a fan event marking the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

"[It] is one of my favourite movies and of course Jar Jar is my favourite character," he said via video."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th April 2019, 07:56 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Maybe this explains why everything has gone wrong with the 'Star Wars' franchise!

George Lucas names Jar Jar Binks as his favourite character | BBC News

"George Lucas has revealed that Jar Jar Binks, one of the most reviled characters in the Star Wars saga, is actually his all-time favourite.

The 74-year-old director made the surprise announcement at a fan event marking the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

"[It] is one of my favourite movies and of course Jar Jar is my favourite character," he said via video."
To me thats more of a response to the hatred of Jar Jar from fans rather than his actual favourite character.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 18th April 2019, 08:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

I think Rose Tico from The Last Jedi has knocked Jar Jar off the top spot.
Old 14th May 2019, 04:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A quick question (Most likely for Dave boy)

I thought Solo was a cracking film but the Maul bit confuses me somewhat despite being delighted with it.

As the film finishes Han and Chewie set off for Tattooine where it's made pretty clear they are going to work for Jabba the Hut.

This makes the film seemingly set in the months, couple of years at most, leading up to A New Hope.

How the hell is Maul in it when he was killed in The Phantom Menace? A film set i'm thinking probably forty years earlier when Luke and Leia's father was but a child.

Did i miss some sort of explanation or was it purely to make fans clap?

Like this? Share it using the links below!