Old 16th January 2020, 02:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Ok screw it,i'm gonna put it out there.
I saw the new Star Wars film and i really enjoyed it. sorry.
It generally made sense to me and i enjoyed the way they wrapped the story up.

Arse... so sue me i enjoyed it.

I saw all the films at the cinema when they came out and the original on the cinema screen is one of my first memories.
i played with the original toys.

After the mess the last film left the series in i don't think you could ask for a better resolution.
And i didn't hate the last film, it just was a bit of a downer.

The new one ties it all together thematically i thought.
It might not be perfect but it was a whole lot more satisfying to me than i expected.

Nothing in this world is perfect and the sooner Dr Who and Star wars fans realise that then we can all get along and enjoy our sci fi fetishes.
...Or something.
I'm pretty happy anyway.
8/10 at least.
So suck it fanboys.
NEVER be afraid to voice your opinions on here.
As I’ve said before,we’re not blurage.com and don’t tolerate aggro against other members.

Star Wars is always gonna divide opinions,I enjoyed TFA even though it was a rerun of ANH.
The LAST JEDI with the exception of a few scenes was a pile of shite,the only Star Wars film I’ve watched twice and a dozen times!

I’m looking forward to TROS even though I couldn’t help myself by reading the spoilers on the net.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th January 2020, 04:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What surprised me about Rise of Skywalker (in a good way), was just how much C-3PO stuff there was. In the first half anyway. It seems like the original droids barely appeared in the two prior sequel trilogy films.
Old 17th January 2020, 06:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61iA6kHvuEL._SL1000_.jpg (96.5 KB, 9 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Old 22nd January 2020, 07:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Darth Maul?

He been stitched back together?

Old 22nd January 2020, 07:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Darth Maul survived and appeared again from season 4 of The Clone Wars fitted with robotic legs.
Maul also had metal legs in SOLO A Star Wars Story (If you look close enough)
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ha!

So Baron Victor did go to work!

Cheers Dave.Never noticed that in Solo.

About the only scene in the whole movie worth looking at as well.
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.

Old 22nd January 2020, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post

Can't wait for me clone wars was better than the prequels and new trilogy combined.

Time for a rewatch
Old 31st January 2020, 10:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Picked up Star Wars Black Series 6" CARA DUNE from The MANDALORIAN. Awesome!

star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-cara-dune-figure-in-pck.jpg IMG_2595.jpg
Old 19th February 2020, 03:13 PM
Cult Master

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker DVD, Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray release confirmed for 20th April. Individual 4K Blu-ray releases of all of the other films also confirmed | Digital Fix

"Disney have confirmed that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is heading to DVD, Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray on 20th April with a digital download in HD and 4K available from 13th April.

The ninth and final episode in the Skywalker saga welcomed the return of original characters Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Emperor Palpatine and Lando Calrissian, along with the latest generation of heroes and villains, including Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Maz, Rose, General Hux and Kylo Ren. Newcomers include Jannah, a new ally of the Resistance; Allegiant General Pryde of the First Order; and smuggler Zorii Bliss.

Bonus material includes a feature-length, making-of documentary, which goes behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and explores the legacy of the Skywalker saga. Bonus features also dig into the film’s Pasaana desert scenes, including the thrilling landspeeder chase, and the ship in which Rey discovers family secrets as well as a new little droid named D-O. Plus, fans will hear from Warwick Davis, who reprises his role as Wicket the Ewok, as well as the creature effects team that created a record 584 creatures and droids for the film.

Blu-ray & Digital Bonus features include:
  • The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
  • Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
  • Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
  • D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
  • Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
  • Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!

Coinciding with the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, eight Star Wars films are being released on 4K UHD for the first time: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"

Pre-orders available at Amazon UK for
DVD - £9.99
Blu-Ray - £14.99
[url=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Skywalker-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B0825D11ZP/ref=tmm_trd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=[3D Blu-Ray[/url] - £19.99
4K - £24.99

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!