Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Like Tree1946Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1431  
Old 16th September 2020, 10:44 AM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
the guardian they hate fun they only like pretentious and boring crap.
Really?

The Meg: "90s throwback (Cool Runnings) directs the set pieces with enough B-movie nous to elicit regular jumps, deftly pulls off a mid-film twist, and keeps everything moving, often in equally surprising directions: if the shark-versus-Statham bout doesnít tickle you, the shark-versus-Pekinese sidebar might. Not quite killer, but itís rare to see a 21st-century blockbuster having this much fun Ė right through to its sign-off Ė with its premise."

Bill & Ted Face the Music: "Not excellent maybe, but by no means bogus either, this cheerful Bill & Ted threequel brings the story of our two laidback heroes up to the melancholy autumn of their middle age.

Alex Winter is Bill Ė and heís eerily the same Ė and Keanu Reeves is Ted; though with that dark mop of hair framing his now rather Easter-Island-stern face, Ted looks more forbidding to me, as if carrying the baggage of Neo (from Matrix) and hitman John Wick. But with his weirdly lovable awkward gestures, Ted clearly still has no idea how or why to move his arms. Like the other two films, this is written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, and the director is Dean Parisot, renowned for the sci-fi comedy classic Galaxy Quest.

[Ö]

Itís amiably amusing, and Bill and Tedís Peter Pannish inability to accept the ageing process is enjoyably surreal, with a weird tinge of not-entirely-intentional tragedy. The failure to give Weaving and Lundy-Paine anything really funny to do is a problem; but all the cast are likable, and itís a sweet-natured journey backwards and forwards down memory lane.
nosferatu42 likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1432  
Old 16th September 2020, 10:59 AM
trebor8273's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Really?

The Meg: "90s throwback (Cool Runnings) directs the set pieces with enough B-movie nous to elicit regular jumps, deftly pulls off a mid-film twist, and keeps everything moving, often in equally surprising directions: if the shark-versus-Statham bout doesnít tickle you, the shark-versus-Pekinese sidebar might. Not quite killer, but itís rare to see a 21st-century blockbuster having this much fun Ė right through to its sign-off Ė with its premise."

Bill & Ted Face the Music: "Not excellent maybe, but by no means bogus either, this cheerful Bill & Ted threequel brings the story of our two laidback heroes up to the melancholy autumn of their middle age.

Alex Winter is Bill Ė and heís eerily the same Ė and Keanu Reeves is Ted; though with that dark mop of hair framing his now rather Easter-Island-stern face, Ted looks more forbidding to me, as if carrying the baggage of Neo (from Matrix) and hitman John Wick. But with his weirdly lovable awkward gestures, Ted clearly still has no idea how or why to move his arms. Like the other two films, this is written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, and the director is Dean Parisot, renowned for the sci-fi comedy classic Galaxy Quest.

[Ö]

Itís amiably amusing, and Bill and Tedís Peter Pannish inability to accept the ageing process is enjoyably surreal, with a weird tinge of not-entirely-intentional tragedy. The failure to give Weaving and Lundy-Paine anything really funny to do is a problem; but all the cast are likable, and itís a sweet-natured journey backwards and forwards down memory lane.
might just be the reviews i see, they seem to have multiply reviews for stuff was that negative one i posted and found another parsing it, a lot of reviews like that, mind cant remember the guys name but one guy seems to hate everything.

mind not that fond of the guradian in the whole just as bad as rags like the express and daily mail
Reply With Quote
  #1433  
Old 16th September 2020, 06:56 PM
Dave Boy's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: U.K
Default

I just finished watching The Mandalorian through again.
A great show. When Mando arrives at Tatooine and Mos Eisley Spaceport..
.. Oh man. That's just awesome!
And Cara Dune is kick ass!
Reply With Quote
  #1435  
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:33 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

A behind the scenes photo of Leia and friends in The Empire Strikes Back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023ae01344679773.jpg (70.0 KB, 25 views)
Reply With Quote
  #1436  
Old 30th October 2020, 05:10 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

The Mandalorian Chapter 9!!

It's really good and has the best call-back to the original trilogy. Looks amazing in 4k too Can't wait until next week.
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.
__________________


You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Reply With Quote
  #1437  
Old 30th October 2020, 05:12 PM
trebor8273's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Mandalorian Chapter 9!!

It's really good and has the best call-back to the original trilogy. Looks amazing in 4k too Can't wait until next week.
I'll watch it by other means not signing up for Disney plus just for one show no matter how good, if they get more stuff I might really expected by now for them to put some of not all of the catalogue of fox stuff they own.
Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.
Reply With Quote
  #1438  
Old 30th October 2020, 05:15 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I'll watch it by other means not signing up for Disney plus just for one show no matter how good, if they get more stuff I might really expected by now for them to put some of not all of the catalogue of fox stuff they own.
They're only ever going to have the family Fox films so a lot of the back catalogue is never going to be on there. I like a lot of the things that are available though so I'm happy to pay for a couple of month's subscription while the show airs.
__________________


You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Reply With Quote
  #1439  
Old 30th October 2020, 05:16 PM
trebor8273's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
They're only ever going to have the family Fox films so a lot of the back catalogue is never going to be on there. I like a lot of the things that are available though so I'm happy to pay for a couple of month's subscription while the show airs.
When the marvel stuff arrives will more than likely sign up. Shame they won't but the more adult stuff they own up.
Reply With Quote
  #1440  
Old 30th October 2020, 05:21 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

All of the Marvel films have been on Disney+ since day one in 4k Dolby Vision!
__________________


You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.