LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2020, 10:44 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
the guardian they hate fun they only like pretentious and boring crap.
Really?

The Meg: "90s throwback (Cool Runnings) directs the set pieces with enough B-movie nous to elicit regular jumps, deftly pulls off a mid-film twist, and keeps everything moving, often in equally surprising directions: if the shark-versus-Statham bout doesn’t tickle you, the shark-versus-Pekinese sidebar might. Not quite killer, but it’s rare to see a 21st-century blockbuster having this much fun – right through to its sign-off – with its premise."

Bill & Ted Face the Music: "Not excellent maybe, but by no means bogus either, this cheerful Bill & Ted threequel brings the story of our two laidback heroes up to the melancholy autumn of their middle age.

Alex Winter is Bill – and he’s eerily the same – and Keanu Reeves is Ted; though with that dark mop of hair framing his now rather Easter-Island-stern face, Ted looks more forbidding to me, as if carrying the baggage of Neo (from Matrix) and hitman John Wick. But with his weirdly lovable awkward gestures, Ted clearly still has no idea how or why to move his arms. Like the other two films, this is written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, and the director is Dean Parisot, renowned for the sci-fi comedy classic Galaxy Quest.

[…]

It’s amiably amusing, and Bill and Ted’s Peter Pannish inability to accept the ageing process is enjoyably surreal, with a weird tinge of not-entirely-intentional tragedy. The failure to give Weaving and Lundy-Paine anything really funny to do is a problem; but all the cast are likable, and it’s a sweet-natured journey backwards and forwards down memory lane.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 16th September 2020, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Really?

The Meg: "90s throwback (Cool Runnings) directs the set pieces with enough B-movie nous to elicit regular jumps, deftly pulls off a mid-film twist, and keeps everything moving, often in equally surprising directions: if the shark-versus-Statham bout doesn’t tickle you, the shark-versus-Pekinese sidebar might. Not quite killer, but it’s rare to see a 21st-century blockbuster having this much fun – right through to its sign-off – with its premise."

Bill & Ted Face the Music: "Not excellent maybe, but by no means bogus either, this cheerful Bill & Ted threequel brings the story of our two laidback heroes up to the melancholy autumn of their middle age.

Alex Winter is Bill – and he’s eerily the same – and Keanu Reeves is Ted; though with that dark mop of hair framing his now rather Easter-Island-stern face, Ted looks more forbidding to me, as if carrying the baggage of Neo (from Matrix) and hitman John Wick. But with his weirdly lovable awkward gestures, Ted clearly still has no idea how or why to move his arms. Like the other two films, this is written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon, and the director is Dean Parisot, renowned for the sci-fi comedy classic Galaxy Quest.

[…]

It’s amiably amusing, and Bill and Ted’s Peter Pannish inability to accept the ageing process is enjoyably surreal, with a weird tinge of not-entirely-intentional tragedy. The failure to give Weaving and Lundy-Paine anything really funny to do is a problem; but all the cast are likable, and it’s a sweet-natured journey backwards and forwards down memory lane.
might just be the reviews i see, they seem to have multiply reviews for stuff was that negative one i posted and found another parsing it, a lot of reviews like that, mind cant remember the guys name but one guy seems to hate everything.

mind not that fond of the guradian in the whole just as bad as rags like the express and daily mail
Old 16th September 2020, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

I just finished watching The Mandalorian through again.
A great show. When Mando arrives at Tatooine and Mos Eisley Spaceport..
.. Oh man. That's just awesome!
And Cara Dune is kick ass!
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A behind the scenes photo of Leia and friends in The Empire Strikes Back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023ae01344679773.jpg (70.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 30th October 2020, 05:10 PM
Cult Veteran

The Mandalorian Chapter 9!!

It's really good and has the best call-back to the original trilogy. Looks amazing in 4k too Can't wait until next week.
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th October 2020, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Mandalorian Chapter 9!!

It's really good and has the best call-back to the original trilogy. Looks amazing in 4k too Can't wait until next week.
I'll watch it by other means not signing up for Disney plus just for one show no matter how good, if they get more stuff I might really expected by now for them to put some of not all of the catalogue of fox stuff they own.
Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 30th October 2020, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I'll watch it by other means not signing up for Disney plus just for one show no matter how good, if they get more stuff I might really expected by now for them to put some of not all of the catalogue of fox stuff they own.
They're only ever going to have the family Fox films so a lot of the back catalogue is never going to be on there. I like a lot of the things that are available though so I'm happy to pay for a couple of month's subscription while the show airs.

Old 30th October 2020, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
They're only ever going to have the family Fox films so a lot of the back catalogue is never going to be on there. I like a lot of the things that are available though so I'm happy to pay for a couple of month's subscription while the show airs.
When the marvel stuff arrives will more than likely sign up. Shame they won't but the more adult stuff they own up.
Old 30th October 2020, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran

All of the Marvel films have been on Disney+ since day one in 4k Dolby Vision!

Like this? Share it using the links below!