Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2015, 04:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Force Awakens is currently #460 in world wide box office of all time.

That's not very high...but it has only been out two days.
In it's first weekend in North America it made $238,000,000 eclipsing record holder Jurassic World by $30m. It's also beaten Spectre's US total to date by $45m in that first weekend.

By the way it's now #168 in the world wide box office of all time.
Justin101 and profondo rosso like this.
Old 20th December 2015, 05:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just saw it. Maybe it's because I knew all about it beforehand, but I found it all very mediocre, and not much better than The Phantom Menace.

Oh, who am I kidding, It was amazing! Lucas must be raging that JJ has made a better Star Wars film than Episodes 1-3 combined.
Old 20th December 2015, 06:07 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Obviously not a plot spoiler, but Daniel Craig appears in the film as a stormtrooper (after denying it ages ago in his usual sweary abrupt manner during an interview). After seeing the film today, it's definitely him, the voice is unmistakable.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...akens-revealed
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th December 2015, 07:36 PM
Cult Addict

Reviewed by me elsewhere but that was f*****g magnificent.
Old 20th December 2015, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Films critics are impressed and gave 4 or5, but its really divided the fans. Some think its awesome other think its good but a bit of a insult to the originals. All depends on how much of a die hard fan you are i guess.
Some people are annoyed at jj abrahams because their complaints he ruined star trek and some people cant forgive him for that. And think he ruin star wars as well.
I havent seen the film yet but im not a die hard fan to be in any rush.
But at same time dont shoot the messenger for what i wrote im only reading different people opinion on the film and jj abrahams on the net.
But got to be better than the previous 3.
Star wars was a landmark film in film history and was well ahead of time for when it was made amd a true masterpiece. . And even now its still stands test of time and even with todays technology some films still cant quite get there in comparison considering how old star wars is.
iank likes this.
Old 21st December 2015, 12:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Films critics are impressed and gave 4 or5, but its really divided the fans. Some think its awesome other think its good but a bit of a insult to the originals. All depends on how much of a die hard fan you are i guess.
Some people are annoyed at jj abrahams because their complaints he ruined star trek and some people cant forgive him for that. And think he ruin star wars as well.
I havent seen the film yet but im not a die hard fan to be in any rush.
But at same time dont shoot the messenger for what i wrote im only reading different people opinion on the film and jj abrahams on the net.
But got to be better than the previous 3.
Star wars was a landmark film in film history and was well ahead of time for when it was made amd a true masterpiece. . And even now its still stands test of time and even with todays technology some films still cant quite get there in comparison considering how old star wars is.
Here's my issue with people who complain about J.J Abrahams. Ok, star trek was dead, very f*****g dead. It was finished outside of fan produced stuff for youtube, novels and other niche stuff. Its ratings were stuffed on TV and the films were a case of diminishing returns. I get that people think the Trek films were too much of a departure but its set in an alternative timeline and in no way effects the main trek universe, Trek fans who don't like the films can literally ignore them and it wont matter at all. All its really done is draw a new audience to the characters that probably were far too put off by the years of back story and continuity that was bogging the whole series down. Suddenly Star Trek is a mega hit for the first time in years, plus in the wake of that success I hear that a new show is being commissioned.

As for star wars, similar issue. George Lucas seemingly does not understand his audience one bit. Aside from the decent clone wars and Rebels animated series this is the most fun Star wars has been for years.
Old 21st December 2015, 08:15 AM
Cult Veteran

Did anybody see it in 3D? I went to a standard 2D screening at the decent cinema in town, the Picturehouse, but our Odeon has an IMAX screen and is showing it in 3D - I'm just considering that if I go and see it again perhaps I should make it a different experience all together.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st December 2015, 09:52 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Did anybody see it in 3D? I went to a standard 2D screening at the decent cinema in town, the Picturehouse, but our Odeon has an IMAX screen and is showing it in 3D - I'm just considering that if I go and see it again perhaps I should make it a different experience all together.
I have yet to really enjoy a 3D film so I didn't want to take a chance with this. I'm going back to see it again with my mate who has yet to see it cant wait to see it again.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 21st December 2015, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I have yet to really enjoy a 3D film so I didn't want to take a chance with this. I'm going back to see it again with my mate who has yet to see it cant wait to see it again.
I've only seen 2, Avatar which I loved - but probably due to the hype because it's a garbage film on re-watch, and Alice in Wonderland which I hated.

Maybe I'll just watch it 'flat' again..
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st December 2015, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Best 3d ive seen was the opening scenes for the Olympics when we held them .
totally outstanding .
ive seen afew 3d films but ok nothing impressive,
one of the best bits was in final destination 4, when the building caught fire and the flame that started it floated towards you and then away .
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!