Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2017, 02:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
well he is playing a stormtrooper so with any luck he will get shot or Kylo Ren will force choke him!
Doubt it.

Kylo Ren is the worst Star Wars villain i've come across. Lost every lightsabre duel in that first film - one person had only just picked one up as well - yes he's that shit!
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th April 2017, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Doubt it.

Kylo Ren is the worst Star Wars villain i've come across. Lost every lightsabre duel in that first film - one person had only just picked one up as well - yes he's that shit!
He might be the worst but he's by the far the hottest
Adam Driver =

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th April 2017, 02:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
He might be the worst but he's by the far the hottest
Adam Driver =

Brings new meaning to the term 'Whips out his lightsabre'.

Old 10th April 2017, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Doubt it.

have a feeling in the new film he's going to be stupidly over powered, think they had some reason why he was such a wimp in force awakens.

if i don't see Luke kicking ass, i will be disappointed.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 10th April 2017, 02:42 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
have a feeling in the new film he's going to be stupidly over powered, think they had some reason why he was such a wimp in force awakens.

if i don't see Luke kicking ass, i will be disappointed.
I think it was the unresolved issues with his father, and that was well and truly dealt with by the end, he'll go back and collect his thoughts and work on his craft while Rey is doing the same with Luke. I doubt he's going to be as kick ass as Vader was at the end of Rogue One though, but I think he'll be a lot more focused.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Old 10th April 2017, 02:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Found dvd of Rogue One in the Co op. So that will be out then. £9.99.
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th April 2017, 04:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well, just watched Rogue One and to be honest, wasn't exactly blown away. I'm still awaiting a killer film from the Disney SW acquisition. I'd give it a fairly grudging 3.5 out of 5. My wife would rate it a lot lower! Reminds me of when we watched Fantastic Beasts just the other week only our roles are reversed. Her opinion is actually very important as she is a big fan of the original trilogy and has a high tolerance of the prequels. Would be an incredibly tough sell to try and recommend a Rogue One/A New Hope double bill. More than a little bit disappointed after all of the accolades awarded to this film. It's better than Attack of the Clones so it has that in it's favour. I (and my wife) thought that Donnie Yen and the droid were by far the best characters of the film. Rogue One: certainly decent but nowhere near great imho.
Old 11th April 2017, 02:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Re-watched Rogue One and enjoyed it more than on my initial viewing. It's a solid 3.5/5 film.

I felt pretty disappointed yesterday as I expected a truly killer film after all of the hugely positive good press that the film has gotten. It's just decent, nothing really wrong with that. Still very happy to own an eighth Star Wars film in my blu-ray collection. James Earl Jones sounds a bit off as Vader as there's apparently no disguising the age in his voice and the cgi Cushing looks suspect as the technology just isn't up to scratch yet. That use of Cushing cgi will probably badly age the film in a few years.

I felt that the young Princess Leia cgi shot worked better as you only see her for a short moment as opposed to the Tarkin character which is pretty heavily featured in dialogue scenes. It has to be said that Alan Tudyk's droid and Donnie Yen's blind force devotee steal the entire movie. Rogue One - recommended to Star Wars fans but some remarks about it being the best entry since Empire Strikes Back are way off base. I'll be interested to see if the Solo early years film is a better "A Star Wars story" film as I'm not very excited about that one. Hopefully I'll turn out better than I am expecting.
Old 11th April 2017, 04:11 PM
Cult Master

With the CGI resurrecting Peter Cushing being applauded all round, I can't help thinking that they have dropped the ball when they tried doing a CGI Kenny Baker as R2-D2 in the next film!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nina D-2.JPG (61.8 KB, 13 views)
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 11th April 2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11th April 2017, 04:34 PM
Cult Veteran

The Peter Cushing CGI looks much much better on the TV screen than it did on the massive cinema screen. It's still too much for the current technology though. It would have worked better without all of the full face shots and had more shadow and profiles.

Like this? Share it using the links below!