Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2092Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2017, 04:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Peter Cushing CGI looks much much better on the TV screen than it did on the massive cinema screen. It's still too much for the current technology though. It would have worked better without all of the full face shots and had more shadow and profiles.
I still think the reflection in the glass would have been more than enough on its own.
Old 11th April 2017, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Hell yeah....

keirarts likes this.
Old 13th April 2017, 11:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been rewatching some Star Wars films over the last few days. This is my current ranking of the 8 films thus far:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Rogue One
6. The Phantom Menace
7. The Force Awakens
8. Attack of the Clones

(didn't want to include the ropey computer animated Clone Wars feature film in the list and would rank Phantom Menace higher if it wasn't for Jar Jar Binks being quite annoying).
Old 14th April 2017, 04:25 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Old 14th April 2017, 04:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
hopefully phasma will be given a bigger role, or at least be more badass
Old 14th April 2017, 04:36 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
hopefully phasma will be given a bigger role, or at least be more badass
Im the same i was disappointed how little she was in episode VII.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th April 2017, 06:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Having watched the new trailer i was... i think the word is underwhelmed. I never came close to the spine tingling joy i experienced when seeing the trailer for The Force Awakens or the interesting buzz the Rogue One trailer gave me.

They should stop with these films now. What was once a ****ing fantastic trilogy is now on a 9 film overkill overdrive and the magic, at least as far as i'm concerned, is dwindling.
keirarts and hivemind like this.
Old 14th April 2017, 06:09 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Having watched the new trailer i was... i think the word is underwhelmed. I never came close to the spine tingling joy i experienced when seeing the trailer for The Force Awakens or the interesting buzz the Rogue One trailer gave me.

My thoughts exactly it was a let down just felt nothing watching it. Feels like its just living off the name and it is not good enough they need to give us something to get us excited.
Old 14th April 2017, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is the face I pulled after watching it earlier

22199DFB-36AF-4940-8227-5FF4E901F496-1745-0000014F38891832.JPG

I'll still go watch it, but I'm nowhere near as excited as I was when the first clip from The Force Awakens landed
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th April 2017, 06:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

There's something seriously lacking in these new films. Even John Williams film score to The Force Awakens didn't do anything for me.

Some days I just wish Lucas had NOT sold Lucasfilm off to Disney. The way Lucas explained it in the Charley Rose interview was clear to hear. What should of happened with Star Wars is what Lucas stated.

A new threat.
New Characters
and new worlds to explore.

Under Lucas' guidance as an Executive Producer with what ever director Lucas wanted. I've never hated Lucas because of prequels. At least Lucas was willing to push the envelope with new worlds and some new enemies, but what we have now is just predictable and doesn't really add anything new to the Star Wars universe.

But Disney went for the tried and trusted formula.

Bringing back characters from the past for this new trilogy of films, and virtually copying the first film. The Force Awakens was just a totally lazy way to introduce old characters with a few new ones to make it look different. To me Star Wars finished with Return of the Jedi in 1983. Though I did enjoy Rogue One, but how could you go wrong with the story. Disney will milk Star Wars for all its worth, and quite honestly I feel sick to my stomach that a perfectly balanced original trilogy... Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi have been shit upon by Disney. It's saddening to see a franchise being butchered like this. I for one will probably avoid this film altogether.

Like this? Share it using the links below!