All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2017, 07:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I'm thinking the same, watched force awakens not long ago and really didn't enjoy it as much as the first two times, think it will get worse with each viewing.

Going into the last jedi with low expectations.
I wish you lots of luck my boy.

Disney isn't in the business of giving auidences something truly enlightening. As long as it does what it's meant to do, make multi-millions, then dear Bob Iger won't be worried, nor the shareholders at Disney.

Though I did enjoy Rogue One very much. But how could you go wrong with a story like Rogue One?

No wonder Lucas got the cold look from Disney with the story outlines for Ep's 7, 8 & 9. Lucas wanted a whole new set of characters, new world's and a new threat. Sound better?
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I wish you lots of luck my boy.

Disney isn't in the business of giving auidences something truly enlightening. As long as it does what it's meant to do, make multi-millions, then dear Bob Iger won't be worried, nor the shareholders at Disney.

Though I did enjoy Rogue One very much. But how could you go wrong with a story like Rogue One?

No wonder Lucas got the cold look from Disney with the story outlines for Ep's 7, 8 & 9. Lucas wanted a whole new set of characters, new world's and a new threat. Sound better?
It does completely. As to sydow, absolutely agree. Problem is that in TFA; he's such a minor character, it's like that pilot guy that hangs with finn. Whats his pus

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
hivemind likes this.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
It does completely. As to sydow, absolutely agree. Problem is that in TFA; he's such a minor character, it's like that pilot guy that hangs with finn. Whats his pus

Tragic isn't the word. What word could you ultimately use. Sydow could've been truly superb. Such a wasted opportunity for such a fine actor. As much as the controversy continues about Lucas and his handling of the prequels, personally I would've loved to of seen what Lucas could of achieved with Ep's 7, 8 & 9, under his Executive Producer role.

It's another what if. Star Wars went down the pan when Lucas sold out to the House of Mouse. Such a shame.

Now we have an inferior product that is just a cash cow. Ready to be milked to death.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Tragic isn't the word. What word could you ultimately use. Sydow could've been truly superb. Such a wasted opportunity for such a fine actor. As much as the controversy continues about Lucas and his handling of the prequels, personally I would've loved to of seen what Lucas could of achieved with Ep's 7, 8 & 9, under his Executive Producer role.

It's another what if. Star Wars went down the pan when Lucas sold out to the House of Mouse. Such a shame.

Now we have an inferior product that is just a cash cow.
Its quite funny, everyone thought it was milked before and now....Its very milked. I will heavily criticize disneys handling and can easily gripe for days about it.
As to Sydow, they had such an amazing actor, I would have loved it if he was Snoke. No offense to serkis.
I don't know if I'm honest how long it'll be before people get tired of the nostalgic elements of the new saga, because that is what keeps it going...nostalgia

hivemind likes this.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Its quite funny, everyone thought it was milked before and now....Its very milked. I will heavily criticize disneys handling and can easily gripe for days about it.
As to Sydow, they had such an amazing actor, I would have loved it if he was Snoke. No offense to serkis.
I don't know if I'm honest how long it'll be before people get tired of the nostalgic elements of the new saga, because that is what keeps it going...nostalgia

Yes, very much so. It's the nostalgia effect alright. Iger knew only too well that Star Wars needed to be predictable and nostalgic with the added formula of old Star Wars characters returning. Play it safe is the order of the day at Disney, like most Hollywood studios today. Re-boot, re-makes and total lack of vision with very little creative thought. Now we have a pointless Han Solo film coming out next year. Another back story that isn't really needed. Just look at The Terminator and Alien carry on's.

Nice touch too. That would've been a little different. Snoke turns out to be the Sydow character. Only in our dreams.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:45 PM
Cult Addict

And Star Wars is just one culprit of this in terms of stretching it out till redundancy. Comic book cinematic universes and the Transformer films are going the same way. Its more a question of how long until people will just not care.

Old 12th September 2017, 07:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
And Star Wars is just one culprit of this in terms of stretching it out till redundancy. Comic book cinematic universes and the Transformer films are going the same way. Its more a question of how long until people will just not care.

The last Transformers film flopped Stateside only grossing $130m.

It did $604m on a $217m budget altogether which is okay but not when you consider the last couple before it made well over a billion worldwide.
Old 12th September 2017, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The last Transformers film flopped Stateside only grossing $130m.

It did $604m on a $217m budget altogether which is okay but not when you consider the last couple before it made well over a billion worldwide.
Michael Bay has said there's going to be 9 more sequels. Hence the reason I brought it up

Old 12th September 2017, 08:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

How long is a piece of string? In the corporate world of Hollywood, exceptionally long. It's what the boys and girls in the boardroom's of these monolithic studios want to bite into next. You know the score, once one franchise is completely sucked and devoid of all it's cinematic license or cinematic juice, then start on a different genre. It's bit like fashion I suppose. It goes around in circles.

Star Wars certainly didn't need a partial re-make of Star Wars. What we should of had was what Lucas wanted all along. A Star Wars film with risk attached. It's reductionist cinema at it's lowest level. Creativity and risk out. Corporate reductionist dross of the lowest common denominator in. And just watch the cash flow role in.

As for Transformers. Michael Bay can go %$-%*£.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 12th September 2017, 08:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Michael Bay has said there's going to be 9 more sequels. Hence the reason I brought it up

What about Avatar?

How many films did Cameron commit too. 25? He! He!.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!