Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2018, 01:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I ended up watching Caravan of Courage instead. These newfangled Star Wars films can't hold a candle to the classic material of old.
Old 11th April 2018, 02:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I ended up watching Caravan of Courage instead. These newfangled Star Wars films can't hold a candle to the classic material of old.
I've never minded The Ewoks Battle for Endor. Siân Phillips plays the villian rather well. No pantomime antics. I've always had a soft spot for those fur balls from Endor. Well it's good to see you've come to your senses Symbiotic. Overtime we'll see these Disney films for what they REALLY are, just piles of steaming crap. If you truly love Star Wars, then Lucas's vision and films remain the true essence of what Star Wars is all about. Who will remember these new Disney films in 30 yrs time? Star Wars, Empire, Return and, yes, hate them all you want, the prequels will be more fondly remembered than Disney's horrendous attempts at creating a Star Wars universe. The creator should've been involved in Star Wars from day one with Disney, even though Disney turned their backs on Lucas. Star Wars without the man who created Star Wars is an empty void, and a cesspit of stinking Wookie poo. Give me the originals and the prequels any day.
Old 11th April 2018, 04:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Note to self: always remember to add a smiley to certain types of posts.
keirarts, trebor8273 and hivemind like this.
Old 12th April 2018, 10:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

A rewatch of The Force Awakens in the run up to Saturday's premier of The Last Jedi has led me re-evaluate JJ Abrams film.

On first viewing i felt it a crushing disappointment but this time with expectations lowered somewhat i appreciated it a lot more. Sure they should NEVER have killed off Han Solo as he's still the best thing about the whole saga and easily the best thing about this film but the whole thing just gelled more this time round.

Hopefully Cameron Poe or Poe Dameron or David Cameron whatever he's called, will have more to do in future as he seems a natural successor to Harrison Ford. Still amuses that Sith Lord Kylo Ren is beat by a girl who picks up a Lightsabre for the very first time. Would never have happened to Darth Maul.
Old 13th April 2018, 08:06 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A rewatch of The Force Awakens in the run up to Saturday's premier of The Last Jedi has led me re-evaluate JJ Abrams film.

On first viewing i felt it a crushing disappointment but this time with expectations lowered somewhat i appreciated it a lot more. Sure they should NEVER have killed off Han Solo as he's still the best thing about the whole saga and easily the best thing about this film but the whole thing just gelled more this time round.

Hopefully Cameron Poe or Poe Dameron or David Cameron whatever he's called, will have more to do in future as he seems a natural successor to Harrison Ford. Still amuses that Sith Lord Kylo Ren is beat by a girl who picks up a Lightsabre for the very first time. Would never have happened to Darth Maul.
Be interesting to hear what you make of Last Jedi Dem. I think it's a step down from the awesome Force Awakens.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

SACRILEGE!!!!

Is Disney paying you Dem

Oh well.

The Last Jedi on Saturday. The greatest Star Wars masterpiece since The Empire Strikes Back.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

There's plenty still wrong with The Force Awakens. That whole escapade on the smugglers ship with the CGI monsters could have been removed, and Kylo Ren is still a really weak villain, also the attack on Death Star 2 didn't work for me, i didn't care, it seemed to be there purely because all Star Wars films more or less have to finish with an attack on an Imperial something or other in space. but on the whole i enjoyed it more than the first time i saw it.

It still ranks below Revenge of the Sith and The Phantom Menace to me.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th April 2018, 01:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
There's plenty still wrong with The Force Awakens. That whole escapade on the smugglers ship with the CGI monsters could have been removed, and Kylo Ren is still a really weak villain, also the attack on Death Star 2 didn't work for me, i didn't care, it seemed to be there purely because all Star Wars films more or less have to finish with an attack on an Imperial something or other in space. but on the whole i enjoyed it more than the first time i saw it.

It still ranks below Revenge of the Sith and The Phantom Menace to me.
I see Mark Hamill has finally jumped ship. As to whether he'll spill the beans a little bit down the road, who knows. Well it's you're individual view, and I respect that.

Have a good afternoon. And don't have nightmares after watching Luke squeeze the tit on that sea cow with a feeling of satisfaction on his bearded face.

I've done enough rambling on Disney/Star Wars to put Victor Meldrew to sleep.

The joys of Disney/Star Wars.
Old 13th April 2018, 01:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I see Mark Hamill has finally jumped ship. As to whether he'll spill the beans a little bit down the road, who knows. Well it's you're individual view, and I respect that.

Have a good afternoon. And don't have nightmares after watching Luke squeeze the tit on that sea cow with a feeling of satisfaction on his bearded face.

I've done enough rambling on Disney/Star Wars to put Victor Meldrew to sleep.

The joys of Disney/Star Wars.
To be honest as i said earlier losing Han Solo was the stupidest decision they could have made, Hamill says as such and gives that as one of the reasons he won't return again.

Once all strings to the original trilogy are gone then it's no longer something i'll be interested in anymore as the whole world can make CGI space operas nowadays.
keirarts likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 02:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
To be honest as i said earlier losing Han Solo was the stupidest decision they could have made, Hamill says as such and gives that as one of the reasons he won't return again.

Once all strings to the original trilogy are gone then it's no longer something i'll be interested in anymore as the whole world can make CGI space operas nowadays.
was it not Ford who pushed for Solo to be killed, his views on the character have been very clear over the years, but yes it was a mistake to kill Han off.

Like this? Share it using the links below!