All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th December 2017, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
He was right about Boba Fett though. Even worse in Jedi. Really lame!
How about the Boba Family Christmas Special, Disney style.
Old 26th December 2017, 02:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 26th December 2017, 02:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post

Regarding the last two parts of the pic. I've always thought the whole Jedi / Force stuff was the worst part of Star Wars anyway. If i watched Empire and realized time was short i'd always fast forward through the Luke / Yoda stuff.

The Jedi may be mystical but they are also really crap. I mean, the entire council wiped* out by a Sith apprentice.

*Or moved to new address - Large cave, rock face, Rockville.

OH AND IS LUKE DEAD NOW????

****ING GREAT BIG SPOILER ALERT!!!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 26th December 2017, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

People can say all they want about the new films but Mark Hamill is sticking to his guns.

Mark Hamill 'still hasn't accepted' Star Wars: The Last Jedi storyline: 'He's not my Luke Skywalker' | The Independent
keirarts and hivemind like this.
Old 26th December 2017, 03:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
People can say all they want about the new films but Mark Hamill is sticking to his guns.

Mark Hamill 'still hasn't accepted' Star Wars: The Last Jedi storyline: 'He's not my Luke Skywalker' | The Independent
It seems like Bob Iger has been looking over the projected figures on The Last Jedi with how badly it's performed in the US. Forbes reported it's performance has been dismal, plus the new film Solo isn't being that well recieved by Disney executives. Went on YT and looked at the numerous videos people are posting up over the last couple of days, with some of them showing just how awful this movie really is. It seems you guys are very much in the minority when comes to liking The Last Jedi. When you've got a main cast member who's disillusioned by what Disney have done to Star Wars, then you should realise the reality.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/...

https://screenrant.com/han-solo-movi...ney-lucasfilm/
Old 26th December 2017, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
It seems like Bob Iger has been looking over the projected figures on The Last Jedi with how badly it's preformed in the US. Forbes reported it's performance has been dismal, plus the new film Solo isn't being that well recieved by Disney executives. Went on YT and looked at the numerous videos people are posting up over the last couple of days, with some of them showing just how awful this movie really is. It seems you guys are very much in the minority when comes to liking The Last Jedi. When you've got a main cast member who's disillusioned by what Disney have done to Star Wars, then you should realise the reality.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/...
Sorry don't mean to be disrespectful but it's you that's in the minority, the only person in have seen that hates this movie is you, some people might just think it's ok but no one has gone to this level to keep tell people who bad it is in their eyes, it might not be what you wanted and somethings upset fans but its far from an terrible movie, and at the end of the of the day it's only a movie , even mark Hamil has said this, and I can see from the stand point of an actor why he didn't like what was done BUT he has never said the movie was awful!

Have to agree with dem the Jedi are by far the worst thing in star wars seem great when you are a kid but later you just see how useless they are and they cause more problems than they fix.

See what he says in last paragraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/201...ker-last-jedi/
wongfeihung62 and keirarts like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 26th December 2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 26th December 2017, 04:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I have spoken to loads of people and all have liked it. The only negative reports I have noticed are all online. Sure the film is not perfect and could maybe have a shorter run time, but as a fan who has seen all the films on their original releases inc the extended versions I really liked it.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 26th December 2017, 04:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'd forgotten about the upcoming Han Solo movie.

I hope people have noticed i've never said The Last Jedi is poor because i haven't seen it, but this Solo movie fills me with dread, especially with suggestions the actor playing Solo needed an acting coach.

Harrison Ford and his charismatic portrayal of Han Solo was one of the big draws of the original trilogy for myself and i suspect a majority of the audience at the time. From his camaraderie with Chewie, his saving the day for Luke to blow up the Death Star, and the blossoming romance 'I love you'... 'i know' with Leia in Empire to his rescue in Jedi, Solo was more Star Wars than Luke. I mean, no one wanted Luke to run off with Leia at the time, so great sighs of relief were heard when they ended up brother and sister, leaving the romance to Han.

Letting some talentless oik play the young Han Solo, i'm sorry but it sounds like a garbage idea and one i am not looking forward to.

Basically if it ain't Harrison Ford then it ain't Han Solo, same as if it isn't William Hartnell then it isn't the first Doctor.
keirarts and hivemind like this.
Old 26th December 2017, 04:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I'd forgotten about the upcoming Han Solo movie.

I hope people have noticed i've never said The Last Jedi is poor because i haven't seen it, but this Solo movie fills me with dread, especially with suggestions the actor playing Solo needed an acting coach.

Harrison Ford and his charismatic portrayal of Han Solo was one of the big draws of the original trilogy for myself and i suspect a majority of the audience at the time. From his camaraderie with Chewie, his saving the day for Luke to blow up the Death Star, and the blossoming romance 'I love you'... 'i know' with Leia in Empire to his rescue in Jedi, Solo was more Star Wars than Luke. I mean, no one wanted Luke to run off with Leia at the time, so great sighs of relief were heard when they ended up brother and sister, leaving the romance to Han.

Letting some talentless oik play the young Han Solo, i'm sorry but it sounds like a garbage idea and one i am not looking forward to.

Basically if it ain't Harrison Ford then it ain't Han Solo, same as if it isn't William Hartnell then it isn't the first Doctor.
Who is playing, him last i heard as the actor who played daredevil, but yes you really need someone with charisma which Ford had in spades something that's lacking in actors now.

But at the end of the day as much as I love the character of Han I'm not going to spend the rest of my life , tell everyone how bad it is if it turns out to be awful , I will say it's bad and movie on with my life.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th December 2017, 04:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Sorry don't mean to be disrespectful but it's you that's in the minority, the only person in have seen that hates this movie is you, some people might just think it's ok but no one has gone to this level to keep tell people who bad it is in their eyes, it might not be what you wanted and somethings upset fans but its far from an terrible movie, and at the end of the of the day it's only a movie , even mark Hamil has said this, and I can see from the stand point of an actor why he didn't like what was done BUT he has never said the movie was awful!

Have to agree with dem the Jedi are by far the worst thing in star wars seem great when you are a kid but later you just see how useless they are and they cause more problems than they fix.

See what he says in last paragraph

Mark Hamill admits he doesn't like Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi

I would expect a hit piece like that from The Telegraph.

In a clip that will likely provide ammunition to the far-too-emotionally-involved fanboys petitioning to have Star Wars: The Last Jedi erased from existence. The Telegraph

I suggest you look at the fallout on the net, especially YT. I see plenty of people who certainly aren't "fans boys" or girls for that matter totally angered by what they went to see. Star Wars wasn't just a film. The film trilogy changed the landscape of sci-fi film making, and Lucas created a more coherent series of films compaired to the abomination of these Disneyfied films. These new films are cold and have no emotion at all. You don't connect to the characters at all. Obviously the writer of the article likes his Star Wars emotionally cold with plenty of political correctness added in for good measure.

"I said to [director Rian Johnson], 'Jedis don't give up,'" Hamill reveals. "I mean, even if [Luke] had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake, he would try to right that wrong, so right there, we had a fundamental difference." The Telegraph

There's a fine truth indeed. When I saw Luke Skywalker chuck his lightsabber over his shoulder, that's when I knew the character of Luke wasn't the Luke Skywalker of old. Disney have turned Hamill's iconic Luke into a highly bland and uncaring character. Unable to show emotion or really care about who he is. You cannot relate to Luke on any level. It seems what went before doesn't even compute at all. This is a Disneyfied version of Luke.

Luke's resistance to joining, uh, the Resistance, has been a particular bone of contention for certain Star Wars fans, who have been at the centre of a backlash against the film since its release. The Telegraph

LOL! "certain fans" I've been seeing plenty of supposed fans of these new Disneyfied films who liked The Force Awakens, but have now come to realise they've been taken for a ride. Luke's character was a pivital part to the end of the film. These people expected Luke to play a much bigger role in The Last Jedi, but got shortchanged with this new film.

"It's not my story anymore, it's somebody else's story". The Telegraph

Yeah! That's about right Mark. It's Disney with it's cold, calculating take on the Star Wars universe. Plus rehashing parts of The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi. Says alot about how souless these new films are. And that wonderful Leia moment as she gets blown out into the cold void of space, only to do a Mary Poppins or Super Leia. Just laughable.

"In this version...see, I'm talking about the George Lucas Star Wars, this is the next generation of Star Wars," he continued. The Telegraph

All I can say to that is....this new generation haven't got a clue what makes a great Star Wars movie great, and that component isn't Disney.

"Listen, I still haven't accepted it completely, but it's only a movie," Hamill said. "I hope people like it. I hope they don't get upset. I came to really believe that Rian was the exact man they needed for this job." The Telegraph

That's right, it's just a movie, no longer the greatest Sci-Fi franchise that changed the course of movie making, and gave Disney it's greatest achievement to date. A Star Wars universe devoid of the world building and uniqueness of Lucas' Star Wars universe.

Poor old Mark certainly wouldn't say it's complete shit, would he Trebor. Especially after taking the Disney buck. But at least he's been slightly open about what he really thinks of this inferior Star Wars trilogy.

May the force be with you Mark.

Like this? Share it using the links below!