Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2019, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I have avoided all the reviews. Apart from the trailers I have steered clear of plot leaks and spoilers.
Lets he know what you thought, off to see it Friday

Keeping fingers and toes crossed its going to be the ending the story deserves .

From imdb and rotten tomatoes seems it might be the worst by far, well at least we have the mandalorian. It just be review bombing

Last edited by trebor8273; 19th December 2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 19th December 2019, 07:56 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Fan reviews are very mixed I'm worried about even going to the cinema for this one.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th December 2019, 09:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Fan reviews are very mixed I'm worried about even going to the cinema for this one.
Feeling the same hoping it does a Bobby Ewing with the end and Luke wakes up in the shower!
Old 19th December 2019, 10:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Tired this morning. Got in at 3:25 after the midnight show.
You know, the excitement that was there from the fans at previous movies such as The Force Awakens and Rogue One was just not there this time.
I think everyone was apprehensive about what was to come after the fall out from The Last Jedi.
The movie was what I expected it to be. I did like it and enjoy it but at the same time it is like a mish mash of good and bad ideas thrown together to sort out what had come before. Disney never really had a game plan for these movies.

Until more people have seen it check out Grace Randolph's non spoiler review as it is pretty spot on.

nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 19th December 2019, 10:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Tired this morning. Got in at 3:25 after the midnight show.
You know, the excitement that was there from the fans at previous movies such as The Force Awakens and Rogue One was just not there this time.
I think everyone was apprehensive about what was to come after the fall out from The Last Jedi.
The movie was what I expected it to be. I did like it and enjoy it but at the same time it is like a mish mash of good and bad ideas thrown together to sort out what had come before. Disney never really had a game plan for these movies.

Until more people have seen it check out Grace Randolph's non spoiler review as it is pretty spot on.

Not seen latest one yet but it does seem instated of making a trilogy with a coherent and connecting story Disney just made 3 separate films and tried to connect them, heard that Abrahams tries to fix a lot of the problems the last film presented but in a lot of ways it backfires
Old 19th December 2019, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, I don't know how this movie could have been any different seeing what mess had come before. Abrams tries to sort it out and injects a lot of fan service moments to help the movie along. Abrams set out the new story in The Force Awakens with no plan ahead. Rian Johnson then crashed the story and went his own way. So now Abrams, with no clear path for the last chapter has so much to sort out in one movie. Maybe this should have been two movies?
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 19th December 2019, 01:22 PM
Cult Master

trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th December 2019, 05:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The guardian seem to love it so for me that's not a good sign as they love films that force diversity down people throats just for the sake of diversity
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 20th December 2019, 06:42 AM
Cult Master

No release date (as yet), but available for pre-order

Amazon UK 4K UHD - £180. "Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Box Set - Limited Edition (27 discs) featuring all 9 Saga movies on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Bonus discs (Blu-ray) for every movie in a special collector's set. Episode I: Phantom Menace; Episode II: Attack Of The Clones; Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith; Episode IV: A New Hope; Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back; Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi; Episode VII: The Force Awakens; Episode VIII: The Last Jedi; Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker"

Amazon UK Blu-Ray - £65.00. "Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga boxset featuring all 9 Saga movies on Blu-ray with Bonus discs for every movie (18 discs). Episode I: Phantom Menace; Episode II: Attack Of The Clones; Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith; Episode IV: A New Hope; Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back; Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi; Episode VII: The Force Awakens; Episode VIII: The Last Jedi; Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker"

Zoom UK DVD - £45.00. "Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga boxset (9 discs) featuring all 9 Saga movies on DVD. Episode I: Phantom Menace; Episode II: Attack Of The Clones; Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith; Episode IV: A New Hope; Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back; Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi; Episode VII: The Force Awakens; Episode VIII: The Last Jedi; Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th December 2019, 09:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

^ The Disney+ version of Star Wars has been altered yet again so expect that version if you go for this set.
The original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy is being wiped out of history folks!

Like this? Share it using the links below!