Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Like Tree2090Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2019, 10:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
^ The Disney+ version of Star Wars has been altered yet again so expect that version if you go for this set.
The original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy is being wiped out of history folks!
I don't know how true it is but supposedly no theatrical versions was one the stipulations Lucas wanted when deal was made with Disney.
Old 20th December 2019, 10:33 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
^ The Disney+ version of Star Wars has been altered yet again so expect that version if you go for this set.
The original theatrical versions of the Original Trilogy is being wiped out of history folks!
I've just bought the two disc special edition dvd's from 2006 as i didn't have the original theatrical versions.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 20th December 2019, 02:53 PM
Cult Veteran

I've booked to go on Sunday morning, I'm quietly confident that I'm going to enjoy it because I've liked all of the films so far but I'm also under no illusions, I can't see them sticking the landing!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th December 2019, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rise of the Skywalker.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would , it's not without its problems but a lot of that is to do with Abrams trying to fix all the problems caused by Johnson in the last movie. It did feel like Last Jedi should of been a movie setting up events for this . Lots of fan service which for the most works, would of like more done with Leia but with Fishers passing suppose only so much they could do also in two minds about the ending. It could of been a lot worse but it could of also been a lot better if Disney had , had a clear story trilogy and not three separate story's they tried to turn into a trilogy. One huge bonus Kelly Marie Tran character is hardly in it!!7/10
Old 21st December 2019, 09:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I don't know how true it is but supposedly no theatrical versions was one the stipulations Lucas wanted when deal was made with Disney.
Yeah, some sort of deal was made. Earlier this year was a double bill screening of ROGUE ONE and STAR WARS. In a rare move Lucas allowed an original 70mm theatrical cut of STAR WARS to be shown! This is the first time the original version of the movie has been seen on the big screen since the Special Editions took over 1997.
All that bullsh*t Lucasfilm gave us about original prints being destroyed or permanently altered!
What annoys me as well is when magazine articles have pages devoted to STAR WARS original release or an anniversary and they include photos from the Special Edition versions.
When I saw STAR WARS and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK on the big screen at the Royal Albert Hall they were of course the newest versions of the Special Editions. The new footage looked bloody awful and embarrassing and the colour on EMPIRE still has the blue tint which looks so strange on the Hoth scenes.
It's sad to think that generations of new fans have never seen the original versions and would they be bothered anyway?
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st December 2019, 11:09 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Disney and Lucas will hold off on the original theatrical versions until it hits fever pitch and then release them in ‘limited editions’ .....it’s the cash cow that never dries up......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st December 2019, 11:59 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Disney and Lucas will hold off on the original theatrical versions until it hits fever pitch and then release them in ‘limited editions’ .....it’s the cash cow that never dries up......

I read an article the other day that said an insider from Disney told them they had no itention of ever releasing the original versions. I hope to god that isn't true.
Old 21st December 2019, 03:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

****ing crackpots!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st December 2019, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After watching the movies I've come to the conclusion Anakin really wasn't that powerful many jedi who to me are more powerful .

Was he really even the chosen one.
Old 22nd December 2019, 01:08 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've booked to go on Sunday morning, I'm quietly confident that I'm going to enjoy it because I've liked all of the films so far but I'm also under no illusions, I can't see them sticking the landing!
Well... I didn't really enjoy that at all. Overall the story was OK and I liked the ending (ish) but the dialogue (terrible) and fan service (embarrassing) ruined it all for me. Rey, Finn and Poe are all really boring protaganists but at least I still have my huge Kylo crush, every time he takes off that helmet and we see his sweaty face I swoon inside The opening 10 minutes were the best.

2.5 out of 5
trebor8273 and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!